Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 14, 2022, 05:47 AM
    Needed: Ministry of Truth
    Where is the Ministry of Truth (or whatever it's called) when it's really needed? The White House, after tweeting what any thinking person knew was a false statement about vaccines only becoming available after Biden was elected, had to correct itself.
    "We previously misstated that vaccines were unavailable in January 2021. We should have said that they were not widely available. Vaccines became available shortly before the President came into office. Since then, he’s responsible for fully vaccinating over 200 million people," the tweet from Friday night states.
    They should also correct this wild claim that Biden is "responsible" for the vaccinations of over 200 million people. He was no more responsible than the White House dog.

They could also have noted that it was the Trump admin that got the vaccine developed in record time.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2022, 08:28 AM
    You know what that would be great idea, however it really couldn't be a Government run organisation as they always twist their "Truth" to meet their own narrative, no matter who is in charge.
    Problem is that history is always written by the winners.

They could also have noted that it was the Trump admin that got the vaccine developed in record time.
    It really wasn't, but that is another discussion altogether..
    See how the twist works...
    Uber Member

May 14, 2022, 11:03 AM
    It really wasn't, but that is another discussion altogether..
    Pretty sure it was. "Developing a vaccine in less than a year for a novel pathogen had never been done before Covid-19."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/how-...cord-time.html

"The COVID-19 vaccines coming soon to the United States and already approved in the U.K. and Canada are the fastest vaccines ever created.In a remarkable achievement of medical science, we’ve gone from identifying a new pathogen — the novel coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2 — to discovering an immune response against it to developing and testing a safe and effective vaccine for it in less than 12 months.
    Previously, the fastest vaccine to go from development to deployment was the mumps vaccine in the 1960s, which took about four years."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/how-...cord-time.html

Now your point may be that the Brits actually got to an approved vaccine several weeks before the U.S. If so, then fair enough. Still, the U.S. did get the vaccine remarkably soon and the credit for that goes to the Trump admin.
    BossMan

May 14, 2022, 11:10 AM
    My point is it, the research etc, wasn't headed by the Trump administration, or even started by it, at all, but a Global effort to eradicate this virus...
    No one government can claim otherwise, nor should they.
    All for the Greater Good...
    Uber Member

May 14, 2022, 11:15 AM
    I beg to differ.

"Operation Warp Speed (OWS) was a public–private partnership initiated by the United States government to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics. The first news report of Operation Warp Speed was on April 29, 2020, and the program was officially announced on May 15, 2020. It was headed by Moncef Slaoui from May 2020 to January 2021 and by David A. Kessler from January to February 2021."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Warp_Speed

It is fair to point out that there was some global effort involved, but of course it was initiated by the Trump admin which provided oversight of the program.
    BossMan

May 14, 2022, 11:19 AM
    Fair enough, just goes to confirm about how different Truths are managed to suit the needs of the respondent.
    Great Source of Truth, BTW ;)
    Uber Member

May 14, 2022, 11:24 AM
    I'm not sure what your point is. The Trump admin started OW. That is beyond question. The vaccine was developed in fantastically short order. I just don't know what your point is other than not wanting the Trump admin to get credit for anything positive.
    BossMan

May 14, 2022, 11:33 AM
    My point is about Truth management and the perception is dependent on your view point.
    The Trump admin started OW - Yep
    The vaccine was developed in fantastically short order. - sure thing
    However this does not make your previous statement, "the Trump admin that got the vaccine developed in record time." true.
    As I said this is a discussion for another time and involves alot of semantics and their proper use.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2022, 11:36 AM
    Oh well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employee wants to work for a ministry and donate her pay [ 3 Answers ]

Our ministry administrator is usually paid through the ministry... due to donations being low at this time, she wants to work and donate her time for a couple weeks... How do I handle this on the accounting books I want her to get credit for time worked as a donation to ministry

Christian ministry video [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for the title of a youth group evangelism video I use to show to my youth groups. It is about 4 teens who die in a car accident but only one knew Jesus. They end up waiting in a line to find out where they will spend eternity - either step to the let please or step to the right.

Life Experience Degree and Ministry of Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am soon moving to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and in order to work there you must present a diploma or education status with the ministry of education. I heard from a friend that they will check the diploma by having the University certify it through the US embassy. After talking with the...

Ministry of Transportation & Political Correctness run amuck? [ 26 Answers ]

“Sorrill, an ordained United Church minister, has personalized license plates that read "REV JO." But after almost 20 years, the Ministry of Transportation is revoking them over fears they encourage dangerous driving. “Her displeasure was doubled when a ministry employee later told her on the...

No.44 Proclaim from Ministry of Commerce and Customs? [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody could do me a kind favor to provide an english version of this proclaim in this webpage ÉÌÎñ²¿¡¢º£¹Ø×ÜÊ𹫸æ2007ÄêµÚ44ºÅ ¹«²¼¡¶¼Ó¹¤Ã³Ò×ÏÞÖÆÀàÉÌƷĿ¼¡· Thanks so much in advance.:)

View more questions Search