Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2022, 05:10 AM
    Woke Wordle
    Wordle is a fun little game to waste your time while drinking your morning cup of coffee. The Slimes posts it daily ;1 word a day. You get 6 chances or less to solve the word by guessing the word and then eliminating letters or rearranging letters that you have gotten correct.

Wordle - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Harmless enough ;no cotroversy .......right ?

Wrong.

This is another instance where you would think a satire publication like Babylon Bee had created the story . But it is truth

The Slimes decided that a word had to be cancelled . Because of the current debate over abortion because of the apparent SCOTUS decision to overturn the abortion Roe and Casey decisions They decided to drop the word of the day .

FETUS

New York Times Changes Wordle Answer From ‘Fetus’ ‘to Remain Distinct From the News’| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)

Oh the irony .They aborted 'FETUS ' .

I would add that today's word should also be cancelled lest it offend teetotalers and /or alcoholics .(sorry in advance about the tip)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 13, 2022, 07:40 AM
    This excessive concern about offending people has reached epidemic proportions. It's just ridiculous. My football coaches back in the day seemed to have but little care about me being offended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NFL Goes with Woke Helmets [ 2 Answers ]

The NFL has announced that players can use these messages on their helmets. "End Racism," "Stop Hate," "It Takes All of Us," "Black Lives Matter," "Inspire Change" and "Say Their Stories." Why not, "End Abortion", or "Promote Two Parent Families", or "All Lives Matter", or "Latino/Asian Lives...

I am woke [ 264 Answers ]

Yes I am woke . I know I am woke. How do I know I am woke ? Well I learned my lessons from the Kavanaugh hearings that a women ;no matter how uncredible she may be ;when she makes a charge ,she is to be believed . So I have been listening to the Dem static the last few days . White ,Blonde hair...

Woke up during the procedure [ 2 Answers ]

I had surgery tow weeks ago under general anesthesia but woke up during the procedure - it has been recorded in my medical notes, but would like to know what my options are in trying tp decide what to do next. Thanks

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

View more questions Search