Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2022, 04:54 AM
    Jill 'Edith Wilson'Biden
    The First Lady made an unannounced trip to Ukraine where she had a "closed-door bilateral, which lasted for about one hour" with Ukrainian's first lady Olena Zelenska,and perhaps others .

First lady Jill Biden makes unannounced trip to Ukraine - CNNPolitics

History records that Woodrow Wison attended the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 that ended WWI . Proposed was a League of Nations .Wilson returned home ;and being an uncompromising progressive Dem had difficulty in getting his League of Nations proposal through Congress.
    He decided to barnstorm the country to take his case direct to the people.

During his campaign he suffered a debilitating stroke . Edith Wilson and his inner circle decided to hide the extent of his illness and assumed much of the role of the President herself. From October 1919 to the end of Wilson's term on March 4, 1921, Edith was effectively the shadow President . She claimed that she never actually made decisions but in her own words ; "I studied every paper sent from the different Secretaries or Senators and tried to digest and present in tabloid form the things that, despite my vigilance, had to go to the President. I, myself, never made a single decision regarding the disposition of public affairs. The only decision that was mine was what was important and what was not, and the very important decision of when to present matters to my husband."

Edith Wilson: The First Lady Who Became an Acting President — Without Being Elected - Biography

At very least she became the Chief of Staff . But that is a dubious claim. She was much more .She single handedly got Sec State Robert Lansing removed from office after he held a meeting of the cabinet without her being present .She had access to all classified information, made comments ,notes, suggestions on papers that the President signed .She encoded and encrypted messages .

She "refused to press Wilson to accept the reality that without permitting a compromise of one plank the original version that it wouldn't pass at all. Historians have speculated whether, if Edith Wilson advised otherwise, a partial version of Wilson's League of Nations would have been attained. It was defeated in November 1919. "
    Edith Wilson Biography :: National First Ladies' Library

The reality was that the President was not fit to have the office because of his stroke ;but there were no provisions for VP Thomas Marshall to assume office ;and he would not do so unless Congress declared the Presidency was in fact vacant . Wilson being the progressive lib he was refused to do the right thing and resign.

Since the beginning of Clueless' term , Jill has hit the road to promote what are ostensibly his policies. Clueless' cognitive decline is apparent to anyone who sees ,hears ,and has an open mind. Western world leaders have made the trip to Ukraine to show their support and to meet directly with Volodymyr Zelenski .Was the shadow President sent in Clueless' place ?
    . Jill Biden is always at Clueless' side sometimes answering for him or cutting in to prevent him from giving an answer. We need to recognize that her role in this White House is much more influential than how she decorates the White House for Christmas.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 10, 2022, 07:16 AM
    Perhaps a cognitive deficient Biden is better than the alternative, now that you have shown us what the alternative is. We are in a mess. Trump looks better all the time, and that is really saying something.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 09:23 AM
    This is a wonderful strategy! People will tell, complain about stuff, confess to, and ask Jill long before they would say anything to the President. Thus, she becomes a perfect go-between and filter.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2022, 11:17 AM
    I don't know if this is good strategy or not. That seems to be besides the point although it lends weight to the theory that Clueless has a puppet master pulling the strings .

Was she elected ? Was she appointed subject to Congressional oversight?
    First ladies have travelled the word doing a number of functions . Being the chief diplomatic representative of the nation substituting for a feeble Chief Executive is a role she should not have .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 11:39 AM
    After I posted the above, I read this in the morning newspaper:

But when she [Jill Biden] travels solo, she flies on a smaller plane than the president’s Air Force One and with a significantly smaller “package” of Secret Service agents, Air Force crew members, White House staff and, sometimes, journalists.

The difference in the “footprint” makes it easier for a first lady to act as an emissary for the president and then tell him about what she picks up during her travels.

Jill Biden had wanted to visit Ukraine in March but settled on a Mother’s Day weekend trip to help buck up Ukrainian moms who fled with their children to “front-line” countries like Slovakia that border Ukraine and have been taking them in.

During multiple stops in Romania and Slovakia, refugees shared their heartbreaking stories with the first lady — but also their gratitude for her visit as a high-profile symbol of U.S. support.

While first ladies lack the power or authority to send money or fighter jets, what they can do is show people that they — and the United States — care, Gutin said.

A first lady is a presidential adviser without comparison.

On a trip like this, “she will be able to say to the refugees, ‘I’m going to tell the president what I saw, I’m going to tell the president what you told me,’ ”Gutin, a professor at Rider University in New Jersey, said before the trip.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2022, 12:34 PM
    yes first ladies traditionally play the empathy card well .Is that all that happened at the closed door bilateral meeting ? All we know for sure is leaders from all over the western alliance have gone to Ukraine to speak directly with Zelinski . The latest one was Justin Trudeau . Clueless the alleged leader of the alliance has not gone to Ukraine even though he received a formal invitation. What other Presidential duties are performed by FLOTUS ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 12:42 PM
    Zelenskyy? Hmm. I bet Biden spells his name correctly.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2022, 01:06 PM
    Jill Biden had wanted to visit Ukraine in March but settled on a Mother’s Day weekend trip to help buck up Ukrainian moms who fled with their children to “front-line” countries like Slovakia that border Ukraine and have been taking them in.

During multiple stops in Romania and Slovakia, refugees shared their heartbreaking stories with the first lady — but also their gratitude for her visit as a high-profile symbol of U.S. support.
    Would've been nice if the pres had done that.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2022, 01:14 PM
    I don't have the time or the desire to waste it on spell check
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That's probably what Biden says too about any goofs.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Would've been nice if the pres had done that.
    He's not a mother. (And no, not what you're thinking.)
    Uber Member

May 10, 2022, 01:37 PM
    I preached on Mother's Day. I am also not a mother. Besides, the pres could have gone days if not weeks before.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 01:55 PM
    I preached on Mother's Day. I am also not a mother. Besides, the pres could have gone days if not weeks before.
    You have absolutely NO clue what it is to be a mother. And you preached??? Laypeople preach in your church?

We need to get you established as the person in charge of Biden's schedule.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2022, 02:10 PM
    You have no idea what it is to be a father, but that doesn't stop you from talking about it. Besides, I'm married to a great mom. I received her counsel on what to say.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 02:39 PM
    You have no idea what it is to be a father, but that doesn't stop you from talking about it.
    When was this?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2022, 03:59 PM
    Originally Posted by tomder55

That's probably what Biden says too about any goofs.
    Clueless says what he is told to say when he is semi-coherent . Other times he babbles when off script . Then he drools on his oatmeal and ice cream cones .

Ever since Russia opened war on Ukraine, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been open about wanting Biden to visit him in Kyiv, just like many other world leaders have done, including Canada's Justin Trudeau on Sunday.
    The closest President Biden has been to Ukraine was a stop in Rzeszow, Poland, in late March after he went to Brussels to discuss the war with other world leaders. At the time, he publicly lamented that he was not allowed to cross the Polish border and go into western Ukraine.

"Part of my disappointment is that I can't see it firsthand ... they will not let me,"
    Biden says he was told he wasn’t allowed to go to Ukraine as he praises ‘backbone’ of people | The Independent
    But it is ok for Jill Edith Wilson Biden to do so . There is no security concerns when Madam Mim Pelosi went . uh huh
    Uber Member

May 10, 2022, 08:32 PM
    When was this?
    I guess I was referring to the 500 or so times you have made reference to dads who father children and then run off. You know...that. Or the need to have mandatory vasectomies for boys so they won't become fathers when they become adults.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2022, 09:02 PM
    I know how a man fathers a child and how, too often, he doesn't stick around.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2022, 01:07 AM
    You asked, "When was this?" I answered, and you immediately confirmed my answer with your comment above. I have no problem with you commenting on fathers, just as I see no problem with me commenting on mothers. To me the whole thing is an absolutely silly argument.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2022, 07:24 AM
    How did this become a discussion about fathers abandoning children ? There were at least 2 other postings where this would've been more fitting .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 11, 2022, 09:05 AM
    Apparently, Jill Biden's Mother's Day visit to Ukraine triggered thoughts of fathers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Jill and Tension [ 3 Answers ]

Given:Jill of the Jungle swings on a vine 6.0 m long. What is the tension in the vine if Jill, whose mass is 57 kg, is moving at 2.8 m/s when the vine is vertical? I believe I am going about this the wrong way. Any Guidance would be awesome.

Edith is a mommy [ 623 Answers ]

Edith gave birth to six kittens, tonight. Labor started a little after 1am, with the kittens being born between 2:40 and 4:30 am. I was worried about one, because it took him a long to to figure out suckling. He seems to be one of the strongest, now. I'm still a little worried about the...

My edith [ 4 Answers ]

I want to bring my ghananian partner to holland. What does she need to get permission to leave Ghana?

Jack and Jill went up the hill [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with jack for almost 7 years. During that time we moved from New Jersey to North Carolina. We left because we were both caught up in bad lifestyles and wanted to start a new life. We both have great jobs now and 2 years ago bought a house togethor. We just got engaged last year in...

View more questions Search