Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

May 7, 2022, 12:10 PM
    Japanese Auto Repair (300ZX Z31) Rhode Island
    Could anyone recommend a good auto repair shop in Rhode Island for a 1984 300zx (Z31), and not Flynn Automotive or Mike's Service Auto Body? Been ripped off by both of them before.

The car will stall on cold start unless you give it the gas. The engine will also hesitate and sputter when giving it the gas. Runs once warmed up but idles poorly and hard to start when engine is warm. Has full power on the highway.

I ran the ECU diagnostics and got error code 22 Fuel Pump Circuit. Unfortunately, many of the dealers and shops I've contacted don't have the time, staff or experience to diagnose the problem.

TxGreaseMonkey, have you had any experience with this problem on a Z31 before? I've spoken to you before and you seem to have a lot of knowledge about them.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2022, 08:55 PM
    Wonder where ole Tex is hiding these days. If it were mine I'd put a new EFI temp sensor in it.
    You don't seem to have any complaints on operating temperature drivability.
    On Toyotas which I know best of that era, there is a cold start injector that would dribble or
    go completely inop causing cold running issues.
    Quote:
    Unfortunately, many of the dealers and shops I've contacted don't have the time, staff or experience to diagnose the problem.
    un quote.
    That really sucks there isn't anyone willing to work on your 300zx.
    Times have changed that's for sure.
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

May 10, 2022, 12:43 PM
    That really sucks there isn't anyone willing to work on your 300zx.
    Times have changed that's for sure.
    Back in the early 2000's, you could get them cheap. Parts and service was also readily available. It was a blast to tune them up and drive them and this was definitely a memorable sports car era with popular cars like the Z31, BMW M3, Toyota Supra and Mitsubishi 3000 GT. I feel a little older now knowing that they're fading into a past era and can't find service for them anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me locate a graduate of Rhode Island College? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for Barbara La Prade who was an old girl friend of mind.Hope I spelled her last name correct. She lived in Pawtucket RI. In 1965 , I think her street address was Appleton ST or Ave in Pawtucket RI. She was either going to RIC or she recently graduated from RIC in 1964 or early 1960 ....

Rhode Island,Connecticut and Mass [ 4 Answers ]

Any homes in the known or claim to b haunted?

Arizona v Rhode Island [ 5 Answers ]

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton ,doing the bidding of the Obots,issued an injunction preventing parts of Arizona's immigration law from going into effect today as scheduled. Arizona immigration law: State to appeal injunction But there will be no permanent settlement of this dispute...

Deducting moving expenses in Rhode Island [ 1 Answers ]

In 2007 I moved into Rhode Island for a job. I deducted the moving expenses on my federal return (form 3903), and now want to deduct these expenses on my Rhode Island State return. Does anyone know if I can, and if so, where on the Rhode Island return?

View more questions Search