Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 05:42 AM
    So the CBO came up with a price tag for Clueless Joe's magnanimous election year gimme . $420 Billion monopoly bucks ....... ka ching

Congress is supposed to have their fingers on the national purse. But in this case the money could be spent without a whimper from Congress.

Already his unilateral extension of the moratorium on student loan payments is costing $20 billion .

The institutions the students go to are either state or private colleges . What business does the Federal Government have in subsidizing college education in any way ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2022, 03:35 PM
    What business does the Federal Government have in subsidizing college education in any way ?
    It's all about buying votes. Pols love to look magnanimous when spending the taxpayers money.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What business does the Federal Government have in subsidizing college education in any way ?
    There are many ways government can support education at all levels. It is in the interest of the nation.

Forgiving loans is a bad idea. As you and WG have pointed out, it leads to greedy institutions and sends a very wrong message to the students involved. .
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2022, 06:38 AM
    Clueless Joe's unconstitutional student loan forgiveness scam that bought off Gen Z this election has been ruled illegal by a Federal Judge. It was already on hold by a different court . The administration made the phony claim that the Sec Education was given the power by Congress in the 2003 Hero's Act . The Judge called it an illegal action because his dictate was a legislative act.

Pittman in a 26-page ruling wrote that the HEROES Act - a law that provides loan assistance to military personnel and that was relied upon by the Biden administration to enact the relief plan - did not authorize the $400 billion student loan forgiveness program.
    “The Program is thus an unconstitutional exercise of Congress’s legislative power and must be vacated,” Pittman wrote.

Federal judge in Texas declares Biden's student debt relief plan unlawful (cnbc.com)
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2022, 07:11 AM
    Well what a coincidence that the ruling came out the day AFTER the election rather than the week before. How convenient! I wonder if the FBI sent that order out a la Biden's laptop story?
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2022, 08:47 AM
    Judge said

“In this country, we are not ruled by an all-powerful executive with a pen and a phone. Instead, we are ruled by a Constitution that provides for three distinct and independent branches of government,”
    “The Court is not blind to the current political division in our country. But it is fundamental to the survival of our Republic that the separation of powers as outlined in our Constitution be preserved.”
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2022, 05:51 AM
    Clueless Joe knows his student loan forgiveness plan is unconstitutional . But there is still the Georgia runoff election for the Dems to steal .

So he has extended the moratorium ;aka "the pause" in students paying off their loans untill at least July of next year and possibly as late as September.

And this was just for the mid-term steal . How far will he go in 2024 ?

THE JOKER - Who Do You Trust? - YouTube
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 06:19 AM
    It often comes back to the same thing. A liberal is a person who takes great pride in being generous with someone else's money.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 06:54 AM
    It appears the liberals here have gone silent again. I'm beginning to suspect it has something to do with the phases of the moon.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2022, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It appears the liberals here have gone silent again. I'm beginning to suspect it has something to do with the phases of the moon.
    Husband and I have had doctor appointments during November, am editing a vampire romance novel for a client, I interact regularly with two LGBT+ and three Asperger's clients, and watch "Jeopardy" Monday thru Friday. Maybe things will calm down for me in 2023.

P.S. Am not a liberal. I vote for the person, and their previous record and behavior and intelligence (or lack of it, as in their mention of "won-ton murders" and "peach-tree dishes"). I don't vote a straight ticket/for a political party.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 11:29 AM
    You are a liberal. "Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...) And since you voted for Biden, you can make no appeal whatsoever to voting for behavior or intelligence. Please. That plea is forever gone.

But I'm glad you are back. Keep on posting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2022, 11:43 AM
    You are a liberal. "Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...)
    And when I vote for DeSantis in 2024, then what will you call me?
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 12:17 PM
    A good learner...at last. But we both know that is not going to happen.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2022, 12:32 PM
    A good learner...at last. But we both know that is not going to happen.
    Biden will be too old. And DeSantis is quite handsome!
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 12:36 PM
    Well, go for it then! Still, I don't hold out hope. DeSantis is opposed to everything you like. Gay marriage, abortion, and wide open borders are not his favorite issues. True?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2022, 12:55 PM
    DeSantis has a cute smile too. He's against vaccine mandates (we'll get sick and die and get to heaven sooner!!!) but needs me to educate him about LGBT+ issues.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2022, 12:59 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving !

DeSantis is the man
    While DeSantis excites crowds on stage, he's avoiding the gladhanding that wins over donors | CNN Politics
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 01:11 PM
    We really need those vaccine mandates to show everyone that personal freedom is of no value to liberals.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2022, 01:18 PM
    By May I'll be wearing a long bluish-gray cape dress and a kapp, but with the strings neatly tied under my chin.

Uber Member

Nov 26, 2022, 01:43 PM
    Be sure to send a card!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Loan "Forgiveness"? [ 10 Answers ]

Saw this posted on Facebook. "Student loans are preventing people from buying homes, starting businesses, and so much more. Forgiving student loan debt and making college affordable and accessible can fix our broken system." Something seems funny about this subject. No one ever says, "Hey,...

How to account for loan forgiveness? [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a $300 million dollar loan with 6% interest over 25 years and at the end of 15 years the loan and accumulated interest will be forgiven, how would you account for it at the end of the 15th year?

Loan forgiveness for accounting. [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a loan forgiveness for someone like me with an accounting degree? If there is, where to look and how do I go about getting this loan forgiveness?

Loan forgiveness-non profit [ 7 Answers ]

I read about a new Bill being passed for after 10 years.. using direct loan consolidation and paying on the income contingent plan you can get forgiveness of whatever else is owed on public and no nprofit degrees? What are your ideas of this plan... with the extra interest on the income contingent...

View more questions Search