Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2022, 12:21 PM
    The Dems now intend to control the flow of information.
    Conservatives on social media slammed the Biden administration after it was announced that a "Disinformation Governance Board" is being established to combat "disinformation" in the 2022 midterms.
    Talk about an Orwellian sounding board, it should be alarming to everyone. It's just another step in the attempt to control what amount of truth is allowed to get out to the American people. How much longer do we tolerate this?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2022, 12:52 PM
    What would the repubs call it?
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2022, 02:44 PM
    They have historically viewed it as none of the federal government's business. I just find it astonishing that you seem to be so comfortable with the federal government deciding what you are allowed to see on the internet. Incredible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2022, 02:58 PM
    If only you'd stopped after posting the first sentence. *sigh* Always the slam, JL. That's why no one posts here any longer.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2022, 03:20 PM
    A "slam" is not the same thing as an observation which is what I posted. If you are not comfortable with it, then just say so and we can proceed onwards. It certainly is not my intention to be insulting to you.

And I can't help but note that you never attempted to correct Tal or Athos for their MANY slams and insults, some of which were unspeakably vulgar. We've discussed this before. Why are you so selective with your corrections?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2022, 03:26 PM
    Goodbye.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2022, 04:12 PM
    The ministry of propaganda and misinformation will be headed by Nina Jankowitz . Remember that name . She will go down in history along with Joseph Goebbels . The idea that this will be run out of DHS is chilling .

Here was her previous employ at the Wilson Center

Wilson Center Names Nina Jankowicz As New Disinformation Fellow | Wilson Center
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2022, 04:25 PM
    I wonder how they intend to enforce this information control? Will there be a misinformation Gulag?
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2022, 04:37 PM
    probably outsource it to Mark Zuckerberg
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2022, 04:57 PM
    “The fact that a federal department with approximately 240,000 employees would set up a ‘Disinformation Governance Board’ to enforce the government’s judgement of what information is allowed in the public square should frighten anyone who values liberty and understands how crucial free speech is in maintaining that liberty,”
    Sen Ron Johnson to DHS boss Alejandro Mayorkas

A084441A-EA5C-4B38-B82E-0C83A9CE86CE (senate.gov)

He points out that Nina Jankowitz was a key purveyor of the purge of information regarding Hunter Biden and the Biden crime family prior the the 2020 election .
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2022, 05:36 PM
    Goodbye.
    You can do that, or you could simply reply.

Senator Johnson hit the nail on the head. What assurance would we have that this new agency would not control info in a way that would benefit (gasp!) the current administration?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2022, 01:53 PM
    Just heard a great question about this subject. Who will guard these guardians of information?
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2022, 02:18 PM
    that used to be my signature ."Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2022, 03:21 AM
    Uber Member

May 1, 2022, 01:48 PM
    If it makes anyone feel any better, and it really shouldn't, this is the idiot who Biden has placed in charge of the Disinformation ministry. It is beyond believing. It is hard to imagine a more non-serious person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwAAFs0-eI

She describes herself as a "nationally recognized expert on disinformation." If so, she will become a real enemy of the current president.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2022, 01:45 AM
    The minister of disinformation is a propagandist who posts on TikTok .....owned by Chinese government controlled company ByteDance Ltd.(company is called Douyin in China)

Ultra Member

May 19, 2022, 04:57 AM
    Clueless put a "pause" on the unconstitutional Ministry of propaganda aka the "DisinformationGovernance Board" .Commissar Nina Jankowicz resigned.

A pause won't cut it . Shut it down before it begins .
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2022, 03:28 PM
    “We are going to pause it…But the work doesn't stop. We're still going to continue the work. The D.H.S. is still going to continue the work."

Clearly the pause is a rebrand. DHS doesn't want to relinquish control over what can and can't be said over the internet through the power they seized . Their only mistake was a messaging one.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2022, 03:52 PM
    Someone might want to explain the meaning of "pause" to our CIC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta shower valve does not control water flow? [ 1 Answers ]

We have installed new delta shower valve (from showerkit purchased from Lowes- has valve, handle, facuet, showerhead). The handle moves from cold to hot setting and gives water at the fullest flow. How do we fix it to regulate the water flow?

Single control tub flow pressure adjustment [ 2 Answers ]

When I take off the tub control handle, there are two copper screws - one for hot water and one for cold water. Which way to I turn the screws (clockwise/counter clockwise) to increase the flow mixture/decrease the flow mixture so that I can actually get a warm shower? There's too much cold water...

Shower tap cannot control water flow [ 6 Answers ]

There is a plug on the water tap, usually pull up to direct the water flow to the shower head, push down to direct water coming out from the tap. Now, the plug malfunction, cannot push back to the original position. So, water coming out from both shower head & the tap. I cannot disassemble the...

General information on allergy control [ 2 Answers ]

Trinkett's been a bit "off" recently (you know... there's nothing MAJOR that you can put your finger on, but a lot of little things that just add up to something not quite right), so I took her in to the vet. Who seems to think that it's most likely allergies, possibly with a little colitis. The...

View more questions Search