Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 02:16 PM
    Clueless Earth Day address
    “You’re not going to — maybe — like this. We should be paying the Brazilians not to cut down the forests. We got to cut ours down. We got to cut ours down. We got the benefit of it. We’ve got these third world countries — not third world, some are — in Africa and in South America. We got to — the industrial countries have to help,”

Decipher ;he wants the US to pay Brazil to not cut down the Amazon.

He also pledged billions to make our military vehicles and fleet "environmentally friendly .

My previous post noted how often he travels to his Delaware home . HInt ;he is not commuter Joe taking AMTRAK . And what is the carbon footprint on his many homes ? He admits that he doesn't practice what he preaches which gives him a positive over the likes of Leo DeCrapio and Greta Thunberg . He is slightly less a hypocrite .

He also lied through his a$$ claiming that he has asthma . That did not show up on his last medical report . He has claimed he has it for years when it served his purpose like getting out of joining the military during Vietnam. His asthma did not bother him in the least when he speaks of his high school football exploits or his time as a life guard .

I guess as President he has become slightly more environmentally friendly . He is no longer permitted to drive around in his 1968 Corvette .
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 02:31 PM
    and now a word from the emperor

When it comes to climate change, time really is running out. Earth Day is a reminder that if we pledge to do our part and then follow through on those commitments, we can help preserve and protect our planet for future generations.

Here is the emperor's Marthas Vinyard home .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 02:45 PM
    Lots of green space, vegetation, large open areas.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2022, 02:56 PM
    Enormous uses of energy to heat, cool, light, etc. So much for reducing the ole carbon footprint. Same thing was true of Al Gore. He owns several houses including one in Nashville of which this is true. "In the last year, Gore’s Nashville home used enough energy to power a typical house in America for 21 years..."

https://www.iheart.com/content/2017-...l-would-cover/

Did this in 2010.

(LOS ANGELES, CA) -- In a move that critics may cite as his own inconvenient truth, former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a house in secluded Montecito, Calif., to their real estate holdings.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on a gated ocean-view villa on 1 1/2 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, according to real estate sources familiar with the deal. The Italian-style house has high ceilings with beams in the public rooms, a family room, a wine cellar, terraces, six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms in more than 6,500 square feet of living space.
    I don't care what they live in, but I do object to their moralizing about climate change while being major contributors to atmospheric CO2.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 03:04 PM
    If you were worth $70 million or a bit more, where would you live and what would your palatial estate look like?
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2022, 03:05 PM
    We should be paying the Brazilians not to cut down the forests.
    Never ceases to be amazing. We are running enormous budget deficits, and yet we are to use money we don't have to pay Brazil to not cut down their own trees. Incredible. The great red wave cannot come too soon.

If you were worth $70 million or a bit more, where would you live and what would your palatial estate look like?
    Perhaps you missed this. "I don't care what they live in, but I do object to their moralizing about climate change while being major contributors to atmospheric CO2."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 03:07 PM
    Those Brazilian forests are keeping you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Perhaps you missed this. "I don't care what they live in, but I do object to their moralizing about climate change while being major contributors to atmospheric CO2."
    What do you suggest regarding housing? (P.S. How are they major contributors to atmospheric CO2?)
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2022, 03:15 PM
    Nope.
    What do you suggest?
    Put their home where their mouth is.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 03:28 PM
    It wouldn't be on the ocean front if I was concerned with rising sea levels . Now the emperor is building another ocean front mansion in Hawaii .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 03:31 PM
    Nope.
    Put their home where their mouth is.
    Yep, it is. Good thing you're old and won't have to witness the end of this world.

They couldn't have made a better choice! Sorry you're so envious.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 03:34 PM
    if I cut down an acre of Brazillian rain forest and plant an acre of corn ;the vegetation I plant still has the same carbon reducing properties .

Uber Member

Apr 22, 2022, 03:43 PM
    Yep, it is. Good thing you're old and won't have to witness the end of this world.
    You'll need some data to back that contention up. You can look that up after you post that legal analysis you promised a week ago.

They couldn't have made a better choice! Sorry you're so envious.
    I can only say it again. I don't care what they live in. Couldn't care less. It is their gross hypocrisy I object to and which you evidently approve of. Strange.

if I cut down an acre of Brazillian rain forest and plant an acre of corn ;the vegetation I plant still has the same carbon reducing properties .
    Let's suppose you're a little off. Maybe it takes three acres of corn to equal one acre of rain forest. Well, we still have the solution.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 04:03 PM
    Let's suppose you're a little off. Maybe it takes three acres of corn to equal one acre of rain forest. Well, we still have the solution.
    Apparently you aren't from corn country. Growing corn is a major contributor to air pollution.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 04:34 PM
    let's stop growing food . yeah that's the ticket
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 04:36 PM
    John the Baptist ate locusts and honey.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 04:43 PM
    good for him Jesus ate unleavened bread that had to be grown in the ground . The left has no answers except to snuff babies .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 04:48 PM
    Unleavened bread is basically a wheat cracker. Cf. wheat Ritz cracker.

Agriculture contributes about one-third of all greenhouse gas emissions. That includes the emissions from deforestation to create farmlands.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2022, 05:09 PM
    Need some data to back that one up as well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2022, 05:17 PM
    yes wheat has to be grown . btw I have read all the envirowacko studies advocating bug consumption to save the planet . It is for nonsense like that proposition why I will never believe that scientists should rule the planet .... especially Herr Doctor who said courts should defer to public-health experts like him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2022, 05:34 PM
    I was just taking a bit of time out of my busy schedule to liven up this site. Mission accomplished!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earth Day ' Restore our Earth ' ...what would it take ? [ 99 Answers ]

All this green talk got me wondering about what it would take to "restore our Earth " (whatever that means ) . I think it is a whole lot of Malthusian nonsense . Restore our Earth proposed to focus on " natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the...

What does the tilt of earth's axis as earth revolves around the sun cause? [ 2 Answers ]

My science homework question and I have no idea what the answer is!

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

View more questions Search