Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2022, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You have no answers,
    No, YOU can't find B in the previous maze of my productive posts and your false accusations. I do give you partial credit, though, for finding A and C.

Oh, never fear. You'll get your desperately wanted "legal solution".
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2022, 12:48 PM
    Doubtful…in both instances. But I am hoping for the best.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2022, 05:14 AM
    SCOTUS In West Va v EPA put a brake on regulatory over reach. At issue was how far the EPA could go to regulate carbon emissions from energy producing plants.
    Chief Justice Roberts writing for the majority 6-3 wrote that the Executive Branch can not interpret obscure sections of laws passed by Congress to essentially do a power grab .

The plan originally introduced by the emperor and adapted radically by Clueless Joe's regime would've created cap and trade and other measures that would force the industry to transition to their so called clean energy agenda.

Roberts called the plan overreach based on laws Congress passed.

Capping carbon dioxide emissions at a level that will force a nationwide transition away from the use of coal to generate electricity may be a sensible “solution to the crisisof the day.” New York v. United States, 505 U. S. 144, 187 (1992). But it is not plausible that Congress gave EPA the authority to adopt on its own such a regulatory scheme in Section 111(d). A decision of such magnitude and consequence rests with Congress itself, or an agency acting pursuant to a clear delegation from that representative body.

20-1530 West Virginia v. EPA (06/30/2022) (supremecourt.gov)

This is a major decision. The regulatory state have been out of control for over a century . This decision will impact other agencies decisions beyond the EPA.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 05:41 AM
    That WV decision would seem to be impactful until you consider that the Biden admin will just change lanes and keep going.

Oh, never fear. You'll get your desperately wanted "legal solution".
    I assumed that meant sometime this year. I guess not.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2022, 01:34 PM
    That WV decision would seem to be impactful until you consider that the Biden admin will just change lanes and keep going.
    Lile this ?

White House adviser claims high gas prices necessary for 'future of the liberal world order' | Just The News
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 01:35 PM
    Yep. I heard that. A refreshing and yet frightening moment of honesty.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2022, 04:43 AM
    Meanwhile the emperor has proven to be a true climate change warrior . Greta would be proud .

We already know he owns mansions on the ocean waterfronts of 2 oceans . This signals his concern for rising oceans .

To get to both homes he flies boats and /or drives (or rather someone else takes him there by such transportation )

And like a true progressive lefty he does not care that the cost of fossil fuels have skyrocketed . He stated a decade ago that his policies would necessarily skyrocket energy costs .

But wait ...... does the cost of energy or the availability of energy for his mansions concern him ? Maybe it does .

The emperor recently purchased 3 huge propane tanks for his 6,900 sq ft Martha's Vinyard mansion .The tanks will store 2,500 gallons of commercial propane.

Why do they need tanks of that size ? Conspiracy theorists speculate that the emperor is preparing for the Brandon apocalypse . But more likely he wants to squirrel away the gas anticipating even larger price increases .

U.S. propane market prepares for ‘Armageddon’ amid price spikes and supply shortages | WHNT.com

Or maybe he wants to protect the frozen foods in his freezer from brown outs when the sun don't shine.

Surprisingly he has not put up windmills or a solar panel farm on his property as an alternative to fossil fuels .

Not to worry ..... propane is a "clean burning " fossil fuel . Well yes it emits less CO2 than gas or diesel . But it is hardly clean .There is a carbon footprint when extracting propane from natural gas and crude oil refining . You don't get propane without the processing of oil and natural gas .

When the emperor was President he gave $72 billion monopoly money to solar companies . You would think that would've done the trick.

“our planet has been wounded by our actions,” ...“Collectively and individually, we are still falling short. We have not done nearly enough to address this crisis,” .......
    The consequences of not moving fast enough are becoming apparent all the time. … There are times when I am doubtful that humanity can get its act together before it’s too late,”

Barack Obama COP26 Climate Speech Transcript | Rev
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2022, 05:28 AM
    Nice post. I copied much of it to Facebook. It's worth reading. The "emperor" is Obama...correct?
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2022, 05:31 AM
    yes he is emperor zero
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2022, 05:26 AM
    This article is so complete I cannot add to it . It goes to the essential question ;are we to be a democratic Republic or are we to be replaced by the Wilsonian vision of rule by bureaucratic fiat .

I will not c/p sections .The whole article is quotable and worthy of a read .

Reining In the Fourth Branch of Government | RealClearPolitics
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2022, 06:08 AM
    Best summary of the views expressed in the article.

This debate goes to the very heart of how we as Americans rule ourselves. The left sees Washington’s administrative apparatus as “rule by experts,” essential for controlling a technologically complex society. Their preference is for the modern equivalent of Plato’s philosopher-kings, people who understand the population’s needs far better than the people themselves.

Conservatives (and populists) place no faith in philosopher-kings and certainly not in mid-level bureaucrats, mostly trained in law school. Conservatives see the engorged administrative state as undemocratic and, hence, illegitimate, unless the administrators are carrying out detailed legislation, passed by their elected representatives and signed by the president. The EPA is part of the Executive Branch, after all. It is tasked with executing the law, not with passing, enforcing, and adjudicating it on its own.
    Also worth noting.

But focusing exclusively on the policy impact of court decisions turns federal judges into legislators.

The court’s ruling produced a bizarre spectacle on Capitol Hill: Democratic senators and representatives saying, “Please don’t return that authority to us.” Why? Because they want to avoid responsibility for the laws they pass (or fail to pass). They’ve been shirking that responsibility for decades, weakening their own powers, and they want to continue.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2022, 06:15 AM
    They’ve been shirking that responsibility for decades, weakening their own powers, and they want to continue.
    Exactly . Also the executive makes EO and the administrative state complies or not at their own whim. You saw that clearly in the Trump Ukraine impeachment where unelected bureaucrats and diplomats were monitoring the President's call and deciding that the Chief Executive was violating US policy as they had designed it
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2022, 06:25 AM
    Vital point not to be missed. "US policy as they had designed it"

Different topic. Hmmm. Hope is waning.
    Oh, never fear. You'll get your desperately wanted "legal solution". Apr 24, 2022, 01:22 PM
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2022, 03:27 PM
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2022, 04:06 PM
    Although no historical evidence exists to confirm Plymouth Rock as the Pilgrims' actual steppingstone to the New World, the boulder was identified as this spot in 1741, 121 years after the arrival of the Mayflower," the town says on its website.
    However, the rock has moved since then -- and it does not disprove the science of climate change.

Rock has been split, moved

In the book "Plymouth Rock's Own Story," historian Jim Baker wrote that the monument has been moved and manipulated throughout its history.
    Baker says the rock offers "probably no useful evidence" about sea-level rise since it has been "raised and lowered several times," according to a statement sent to AFP by a Plymouth spokesperson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...ise/ar-AAZzsEs
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2022, 07:44 PM
    Interesting catch, WG. That was a worthwhile link.

The whole issue of rising sea levels is, as I understand it, difficult to document, and especially when you're talking about a few centimeters over several decades.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2022, 04:28 AM
    The elite left is so concerned that they all own beach front mansions . This is Clueless Joes little get-away . American taxpayers paid almost $500,000 to install a fence around it .
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2022, 05:25 AM
    Liberal dems are convinced that fences and walls don't work. They don't work, that is, unless they are put up around their own property.

But couldn't someone simply tunnel under the fence'"? Or couldn't someone climb over the fence???
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2022, 12:37 PM
    Yesterday Clueless said he has cancer and he blamed it on oil slicks in Delaware .

"That’s why I and so damn many other people I grew up with have cancer and why for the longest time Delaware had the highest cancer rate in the nation,”

Today the WH walked it back and said that he was referring to minor “non-melanoma skin cancers” he had removed before he took office.

He said it in the present tense not a procedure from over a year ago. His doctor Dr. Kevin O’Connor, attributed his skin cancer to time in the sun, rather than exposure to chemicals used by the oil industry.

Flashback ..........October of last year ..

We used to get up in the morning — not a joke — and I’d get driven to the little school I went, up the street; turn on the windshield wiper in the fall — in the fall, the first frost, and literally there’d be an oil slick on the window. Not a joke. An oil slick on the window. It’s why an awful lot of us, including me, have bronchial asthma.

Remarks by President Biden at the 10th Anniversary Celebration of the Dedication of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial | The White House

So he has bronchial asthma and skin cancer because of Delaware oil slicks .

I wonder if he blames his dementia on oil slicks ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 21, 2022, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Liberal dems are convinced that fences and walls don't work. They don't work, that is, unless they are put up around their own property.

But couldn't someone simply tunnel under the fence'"? Or couldn't someone climb over the fence???
    Yes, thus fences are only decorative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earth Day ' Restore our Earth ' ...what would it take ? [ 99 Answers ]

All this green talk got me wondering about what it would take to "restore our Earth " (whatever that means ) . I think it is a whole lot of Malthusian nonsense . Restore our Earth proposed to focus on " natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the...

What does the tilt of earth's axis as earth revolves around the sun cause? [ 2 Answers ]

My science homework question and I have no idea what the answer is!

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

View more questions Search