Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2022, 11:18 AM
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2022, 03:09 PM
    yes that ancient tree should be preserved in the endless field of grass .In NY I had century old 125' tall ;sycamore on my property .I had branches fall that were bigger than most new trees . I kept seed pods and have planted 2 on my new property . That doesn't change the reality that humans need cleared land converted to farm land to survive .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2022, 04:46 PM
    Humans, stop reproducing!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2022, 05:13 PM
    What a plan.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2022, 05:35 PM
    Give each pregnant woman shots of estrogen and progesterone.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2022, 07:15 PM
    Malthusianism leads to eugenics .But of course social Darwinism is a hallmark of the progressive left . Abortions of course;forced sterilization of the unworthy have all been done in the name of Malthusian population control .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2022, 07:20 PM
    This has nothing to do with abortions or sterilization. Healthy babies will be born.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2022, 08:09 PM
    Abortion has a lot to do with healthy babies being born. For that matter, so does sterilization, so not sure what your point is other that humans need to stop reproducing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2022, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Abortion has a lot to do with healthy babies being born. For that matter, so does sterilization, so not sure what your point is other that humans need to stop reproducing.
    You definitely missed the point! Think about it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2022, 01:40 AM
    then again there's this
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2022, 02:24 AM
    Abortion and forced sterilization have everything to do with population control. Also, dictatorial states have imposed draconian one child policies and have had termination polices of undesirables.
    Even free countries infected with progressive indoctrination have walked down that path.

Do I have to remind you of America's role? “Better to be cruel to be kind.” .....“those in power knew best what was good for the vulnerable and weak” ('The Evolution of Everything 'by evolutionary biologist Matt Ridley )
    1927 Buck v Bell ,SCOTUS legalized sterilization of undesirables in the US. 70,000 Americans were victims of that policy.

Margaret Sanger ,the mother of the modern abortion industry was both a Malthusian eugenicist and a racist . Her Planned Parenthood was designed to exterminate Blacks . She was a clear advocate of selective breeding .

Paul Ehrlich's 1968 'The population Bomb ' is a bible for the environmental movement and represented the kickoff of the movement . His book made population control cool . It fueled an anti-population growth crusade that led to human rights abuses around the world. In Egypt, Tunisia, Pakistan, South Korea and Taiwan, health workers’ salaries were, in a system that invited abuse, dictated by the number of IUDs they inserted into women. In the Philippines, birth-control pills were literally pitched out of helicopters hovering over remote villages. Millions of people were sterilized, often coercively, sometimes illegally, frequently in unsafe conditions, in Mexico, Bolivia, Peru, Indonesia and Bangladesh.

In the 1970s and ’80s, India, embraced policies that required sterilization for men and women to obtain water, electricity, ration cards, medical care and pay raises. More than eight million men and women were sterilized in 1975 alone.

China's one child policy led to 100 million forced abortions.

Ehrlich being the compassionate humanist argued that the US should pressure other governments to launch vasectomy campaigns. He claims he never supported coercive means .

He predicted that within 15 years we will have gone past the point of no return. That would've been 1984. At the time of publication 1 in 4 humans were living in a state of starvation . Today the proportion of hungry is about 1in 10. Meanwhile, the world’s population has more than doubled. People are surviving because they learned how to do things differently. They developed and adopted new agricultural techniques; improved seeds, fertilizers, drip irrigation. More food is grown on less land .In many cases agricultural land in the US and the world has returned to the wild .

mg31380501.jpg (1438×1005) (newscientist.com)

Rewilding as it is called has returned large areas of previously used lands back to nature. Spainalone has tripled its forest area since 1900 , from 8% to 25% of its territory.

You would think that would please envirowackos . Ehrlich is alive and still preaching his doom and gloom .
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2022, 05:08 AM
    He predicted that within 15 years we will have gone past the point of no return. That would've been 1984. At the time of publication 1 in 4 humans were living in a state of starvation . Today the proportion of hungry is about 1in 10.
    You would think that the supposedly compassionate, people-loving liberal dems would applaud such a development.

This has nothing to do with abortions or sterilization. Healthy babies will be born.
    You really want me to think about a statement like that, especially coming on the heels of, "Humans, stop reproducing?" Might be better if someone else would think about it before posting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2022, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You really want me to think about a statement like that, especially coming on the heels of, "Humans, stop reproducing?" Might be better if someone else would think about it before posting.
    You found A and C but you're still missing B.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2022, 10:55 AM
    I'm afraid I am all too aware of what "B" is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2022, 11:16 AM
    I bet not.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2022, 11:31 AM
    Yep. It's means you've dug yet another hole from which you cannot extricate yourself, so you resort to the mysterious answers. It's very similar to that legal analysis you promised well over a week ago which, to be sure, we all knew was never going to happen. History repeats itself yet again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2022, 11:38 AM
    Nope. You aren't reading comprehensively. Tsk, tsk! And you're a former educator too. I weep.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2022, 12:01 PM
    Thank you for the perfect verification.

It's means you've dug yet another hole from which you cannot extricate yourself, so you resort to the mysterious answers. It's very similar to that legal analysis you promised well over a week ago which, to be sure, we all knew was never going to happen. History repeats itself yet again.
    You have no answers, so it's just more deflection, one of your two favorite evasions. I know you all too well. You are as predictable as the sun rising in the east. You have no answers, so it just HAS to be the other guy's fault.

Note to other readers. You will NEVER see the promised legal solution we were told to expect over a week ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earth Day ' Restore our Earth ' ...what would it take ? [ 99 Answers ]

All this green talk got me wondering about what it would take to "restore our Earth " (whatever that means ) . I think it is a whole lot of Malthusian nonsense . Restore our Earth proposed to focus on " natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the...

What does the tilt of earth's axis as earth revolves around the sun cause? [ 2 Answers ]

My science homework question and I have no idea what the answer is!

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

View more questions Search