Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2022, 11:57 AM
    A stranger walked into my unlocked house today. I invited him to share with me some freshly baked cookies and coffee. We chatted about our mothers-in-law, our beloved pets, and mused about the Rainbow Bridge. That led us into a discussion of salvation and heaven. We prayed together, then parted, our hearts full of God's love.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2022, 12:30 PM
    Not too sure I believe you gave us all the facts on that one, but at any rate it was your choice since it was your house. You got to set the rules.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2022, 12:35 PM
    I was contrasting your stranger fear with my welcoming approach.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2022, 12:40 PM
    You have completely missed the point.

I have no stranger fear, nor do I feel compelled to make up stories.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2022, 12:54 PM
    I have no stranger fear. If you don't, why do you lock your doors?
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2022, 01:18 PM
    In our state, a stranger who walks up to your house will knock and then wait for you to come to the door. I can then ask them in or just speak through the door. It's my choice. At night it is pretty clear that anyone just walking through the door is not on a friendly visit.

And please don't ask me to believe that you don't lock your doors at night. Not gonna buy that one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2022, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    At night it is pretty clear that anyone just walking through the door is not on a friendly visit.
    "Walking through the door"? like a ghost or Jesus?

Apparently, you haven't spent any time in a healthcare rehab or a nursing home.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2022, 02:26 PM
    "Walking through the door"? like a ghost or Jesus?"
    And you want to accuse me of being overly literal? Well, at least we have established that you DO lock your doors at night and that the story you presented was fictional.

Spent two years in a nursing home ministry when in Bible college. Working now in a drug rehab ministry. Been involved in that for about fifteen years.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2022, 03:41 PM
    And you want to accuse me of being overly literal? Well, at least we have established that you DO lock your doors at night and that the story you presented was fictional.
    Surely you jest!
    Spent two years in a nursing home ministry when in Bible college.
    No, LIVE there. Your door is always open.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2022, 06:16 PM
    Surely you jest!
    Nope.

No, LIVE there. Your door is always open.
    So? Is that Biden's reasoning? "We must have open borders because, after all, there's no privacy in nursing homes." Huh?
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2022, 05:07 AM
    I have a friend in a nursing home. The door to the facility stays securely locked and I can't get in without an employee unlocking the door. Then I have to sign in, have my temp taken, and use hand sanitizer before I can go see him. When my maw in law was in a similar facility years ago, they had to unlock the door to let us in and out both.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2022, 08:55 AM
    I have a friend in a nursing home. The door to the facility stays securely locked and I can't get in without an employee unlocking the door.
    That way now because of Covid and all the random shootings and mass murders.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2022, 09:45 AM
    My mother in law died many years ago and they had locked doors then. But even at that, in this age of, "Covid and all the random shootings and mass murders," surely we should keep our southern border door locked. If we can protect nursing homes, we can certainly protect our border and our country.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2022, 09:52 AM
    Waiting...patiently.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2022, 10:19 AM
    My mother in law died many years ago and they had locked doors then.
    They weren't at my nursing home in 2018.
    But even at that, in this age of, "Covid and all the random shootings and mass murders," surely we should keep our southern border door locked. If we can protect nursing homes, we can certainly protect our border and our country.
    Protect our border and our country from what? Most of the idiots, drug dealers, shooters, etc. are homegrown in the U.S.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2022, 11:20 AM
    I can guarantee you that the front doors had controlled access of some sort and were locked at night.<br>
    <br>
    Most of the idiots, drug dealers, shooters, etc. are homegrown in the U.S
    Illegal drugs now pour across the border. Human trafficking pours across the border. And Kate Steinle’s family would not agree with you.
    Non-citizens accounted for 24 percent of all federal drug arrests, 25 percent of all federal property arrests, and 28 percent of all federal fraud arrests.

In 2018, a quarter of all federal drug arrests took place in the five judicial districts along the U.S.-Mexico border.
    https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-j...aries-shouldnt
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2022, 04:58 AM
    Man this place is quiet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a warrant in Oklahoma but now live in Texas. Can I get an id for Texas [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to get an I'd so I can take care of my medical situation. Its almost impossible to get anything done without one. Please help

Transferring probation from Nevada to Texas (Texas Resident) on a sex offender charge [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was visiting his sister in Nevada and was arrested. He is a Texas resident, we have a current lease agreement that is good until 2013 and he has utilities in his name here. Because of the charge he doesn't have a place that he can stay in Nevada because his sister has children. What...

TEXAS: can I add this 'as is' language to a general warranty deed in Texas without... [ 11 Answers ]

... voiding it, or hurting it in some way? "The Property is conveyed and accepted "AS IS," in its present physical condition, with all faults and defects, known or unknown, and without warranties, express or implied, except for warranties of title as may be expressly set forth and limited...

When did Texas Light Bulb Austin Texas go out of business? [ 1 Answers ]

Texas Light Bulb is a lighting business in Austin, Texas. Went out of business after over 30 years. What originally owned by Ricky Cox but he sold it to the Lee family. It went out of business severay years ago but I don't know when or if they just closed their doors and left down.

I lived in NY and NJ and Texas, I lived in Texas for longest period. More background: [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have several questions regarding how taxes were taken out of my paycheck. First some background: A) I lived in NYC from July 14 - October 5 (Just short of 3 Months) B) I lived Jersey City, NJ from October 5 - November 7 (1 Month) C) I lived in Fishkill, NY from November 7 -...

View more questions Search