Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2022, 05:29 AM
    The Dems are framing the debate for the mid-terms . I would go on the offensive but I see the Repubs are already struggling with definitions too,
    The Dems have labeled Fla's school law as a 'don't say gay" law and corporate enablers like Disney fell in lock step
    Alabama passed a bill banning hormone treatment, puberty blockers, and surgery for minors who say they want to change their gender. ""For these reasons, the decision to pursue a course of hormonal and surgical interventions to address a discordance between the individual's sex and sense of identity should not be presented to or determined for minors who are incapable of comprehending the negative implications and life-course difficulties attending to these interventions."

The Slimes immediately went into definition changing headlines ;"Alabama Lawmakers Approve Ban on Medical Care for Transgender Youth."

Medical care ? No minor is to be denied medical care . At best they are being denied elective procedures that mutilate . But you won't here the pols argue it that way.
    NPR wrote"Alabama Legislature votes to ban gender-affirming medical care for transgender youth."
    Gender-affirming ? The Repubs will fall into the rhetorical trap. The procedures do not "affirm " gender .They are designed to medically alter the gender .

Peppermint Patty Psaki speaking for Clueless said ;"To be clear, every major medical association agrees that gender-affirming healthcare for transgender kids is a best practice and potentially lifesaving." The Alabama law would target trans youth with tactics that threaten to put pediatricians in prison if they provide medically necessary, lifesaving healthcare."

Medically necessary ? Life saving ?
    Clueless celebrated "Transgender Day of Visibility."
    FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Advances Equality and Visibility for Transgender Americans | The White House

"Affirm" or "affirming" was used throughout the WH statement . So this is how the debate will be framed . Life saving ;affirming ,necessary procedure for elective mutilation . These procedures are as necessary as a piercing or a tattoo The compiant press will add emphasis to this turn of phrase .

These laws I believe will make it to SCOTUS somehow where now one of the justices claims to not be able to define a woman.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2022, 05:45 AM
    I wonder if she can define "debt"? U.S. federal debt was 34% of GDP in 1980. It is now 125% and climbing steadily. It works out to about a quarter of a million dollars per fed taxpayer, and over $90K for every man, woman, and child in the country. And despite the fact that we are in a good economic period, our dumb to the bone fed leaders will run a deficit of over 1.2 tril in 2022.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2022, 05:51 AM
    I don't have time now ;but the Fed Reserve put a lot of the blame for inflation on the debt from just one of Clueless' bills . Something like 40% of the blame . I don't have links and I have to go and enjoy a beautiful day
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2022, 11:22 AM
    Here ya go

Inflation rates in the United States and other developed economies have closely tracked each other historically. Problems with global supply chains and changes in spending patterns due to the COVID-19 pandemic have pushed up inflation worldwide. However, since the first half of 2021, U.S. inflation has increasingly outpaced inflation in other developed countries. Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.

Inflation is hovering near 8% currently .That means nearly 40% of the inflation rate is directly caused by government spending since Clueless' reign began .

Why Is U.S. Inflation Higher than in Other Countries? | Fed in Print

That is the conclusion of San Fran Fed Bank's Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio and Fabián Rivera-Reyes

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco | Why Is U.S. Inflation Higher than in Other Countries? (frbsf.org)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chuck schumer threatens supreme court justices by name! [ 8 Answers ]

Chuck Schumer, the DEFENDER OF HUMANITY, and Senator from New York, presented himself amongst a rowdy crowd in front of the Supreme Court and threatened BY NAME two Supreme Court Justices in a heroic defense of his right to kill babies (they call them unborn, a more sanitized term). Schumer...

Shame on you Radical Supreme Court Justices! [ 19 Answers ]

I could not believe my ears today when I heard that 5 of our most radical supreme court justices have voted to give Constitutional Rights, to the terrorists. ?? They opened the door for challenges to be made, in our American Court System, by these Lawless animals, that are intent on...

More SCOTUS decisions [ 24 Answers ]

Chief Justice Roberts said, "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." Wasn't that refreshing? Clarence Thomas added, "What was wrong in 1954 cannot be right today... The plans before us base school assignment decisions on students'...

View more questions Search