Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2022, 05:06 AM
    A new boss in town .
    Elon Musk shook up big tech with his purchase of a 9% share of Twitter ;making him the largest shareholder .That's 73.5 million shares at a cost of $2.89 billion. The value of Twitter went up $7 billion just on the news of his purchase.

Now in the world of big tech this pales compared to the Facebook/Instagram monopoly under the new name of Meta. That is a $230 billion operation .
    But Twitter has an oversized influence in the public square.

Twitter brazenly censored content it did not like as it catered to the preogressive left agenda . That included shutting down the account of the sitting President of the United States while allowing state sponsors of terrorism like the Ayatollah Asshola in Tehran to keep his. Hundreds of conservative Twitter users saw followers disappear with no explanation Many of those users would face suspensions and bans of their own if they wrote tweets that countered the accepted party line. The censored topics included not only the electoral politics . It included pandemic related topics ;school curriculum ;transformer's agendas etc.
    Musk was an active Twitter user and became increasingly angry and frustrated about it .One tweet he wrote said “Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy. What should be done?”

Unlike other users, Musk has the means to do something about it .He originally contemplated setting up a rival platform like Trump is attempting .But he is well aware how the big tech monopoly can kneecap startup competition.

His purchase gets him a seat on the board of directors .Where he goes from here is hard to determine. Will he flex his muscle to change policy ? Will other shareholders gang up to outvote him ? Will there be a proxy fight for control? Will lefty billionaires put money into Twitter to negate Musk's power ? Would Musk double down and invest more ?

How will this affect the ongoing debate in Washington, with politicians on both sides of the divide looking to clip the wings of big tech's monopoly power and it's abuse of Section 230 ? All this is unknown . What we do know is that Twitter ;the defacto town square of 21st century 1st amendment speech has a new boss in town.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2022, 05:52 AM
    Some of several reasons I don't do Twitter. I continue on FB but for how much longer I don't know. They are so plainly left-wing that it's disturbing.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2022, 06:22 AM
    I cruise Twitter without taking part for the most part ;although I will occasionally lob one in . FB I use for family and friend contact mostly .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2022, 06:25 AM
    The FB I see has become largely apolitical. Most of what I see is about family, friends, anniversaries, deaths, and so forth. If I post anything political, it gets very few comments.

I did try to join the FB group you referenced. Never heard anything back from them. Oh well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2022, 06:43 AM
    I don't think you need an invitation to participate .

anyway the ladies on 'the View 'were right on cue attacking Musk indirectly by talking trash about their experience owning a Tesla . I thought the left considered the Tesla the gold standard of EVs . But now ...... well watch

Whoopi Goldberg BLASTED Over Lies About Elon Musk & Tesla After Twitter Purchase - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2022, 04:21 PM
    Musk is dropping his bid to purchase Twitter . That means censorship returns

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be prevented legally from socializing with my boss by the big boss? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been best friends with my boss for years and she then became the boss of our company which is under an umbrella of a bigger company. We and our families have been very close for many years and she has been my boss for 4 years. Recently she was told she is no longer allowed to socialize with...

Town of creepy people who all seem to have a secret. Stranger comes into town. [ 2 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the man goes into a town and it's filled with evil people who all seem to have a secret and who are not going to let him leave alive. I can't remember if they're cannibals and plan on eating him. It might have been a TV movie. I think it was from the late 70s or...

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search