Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piperfan28 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2005, 01:20 PM
    Raccoon Troubles
    Hey all,

One of my hay-loft cats just had kittens yesterday. I was in the loft last night and noticed two very large raccoons. Do Raccoons eat kittens? I don't want my new babies hurt, but the mom has them so well hidden I can't find them! The may be in the insulation, but I'm not sure!
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Mar 23, 2005, 05:46 AM
    Hello,

I'm not so sure they eat kittens, but they could certainly kill them. Do what you can to find the kittens before the coons do although I don't think they would go out of their way to look for the kittens. Especially if food is readily available else-where.

Good luck on finding the kittens.

Regards,
    piperfan28 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 12:27 PM
    Good News!

I found my new babies and they are very cute. They are well hidden in the insulation above my appartment( next to the loft). There is four of them! Three of them are orange tabbys and one is a brown tabby with orange splotches(like the mom). Two of them already have new home to go to when they are ready. I hope that Ophelia(the Mom) has enough sense not to move them. I have decided not to go back up to see them for another week so she doesn't get upset. I think another of my loft cats may be pregnant. Thanks for the advice on the raccoons. I'll try and keep an eye out for my kittens!
    Hmur Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Hello I don't mean to scare you but I really would watch your kittens if I were you because I have recently lost a whole litter of kittens to a small family of racoons they went as far as mutilating the kittens when there was cat food across the room that they could have taken instead. They will hurt the mamma to if they can good luck
    :o
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Sounds like a good place to go coon huntin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend troubles [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm john my girlfriend and I have been dating for about 1 year 3 months now and recently I just can't find it in me to trust her anymore.. in the past I caught her lying about little things not very important I didn't care.. back about 5 months ago I asked her to to talk to this other guy...

Rat Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! I live in a condominium village where all the units are connected. The units are individually owned and my mother and I live in two separate units side by side. Today my dogs discovered rats inside the under belly of my electric grill. The grill has been covered with a black grill...

Married Man Troubles [ 11 Answers ]

I know why did I even get involved with a married man? Well I've just come out of a bad marriage myself and he understood what I've been feeling so it seemed like not that bad an idea.. and initially we said that it would be purely sex.. but he was realllllyyy good. And I got emotionally...

MSN troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I've been using the same hotmail account for almost 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly up until now. I tried logging into MSN yesterday and it tells me "Signing into MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Now I've read a few...

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search