Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Truthfulness is a lit device???

Well, I am glad to see you following my advice of sticking with grammar. Having struck out with science, it’s your best bet. Congrats!!
    Yep! I knew you don't know a literary device from a hole in the wall. And, btw, literary devices are not grammar.

You still didn't read that link, did you. *sigh* Or maybe you didn't understand it. Hmm....
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 07:45 PM
    All we need to know about your link.

Exactly! And that's why they have lost a huge amount of muscle mass.

And that's why they have gained a huge amount of muscle mass.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    All we need to know about your link.
    I explained earlier. You didn't read it, did you!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2022, 04:44 AM
    I read it. I didn't believe it. But one way or the other, your link provided no support for your ideas and even contradicted the idea of a "testosterone bath". It's pretty bad when you post a quote that proves your own idea to be wrong.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 04:59 AM
    There was a 4TH screw up by Clueless in his short time at NATO. When asked about the possible use of chemical weapons Clueless said that NATO would "respond in kind" ;indicating that NATO would use chemical weapons in response .White House mouthpiece ,National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan had to clarify to the world that no .we would not be using chemical weapons in response. He said what Clueless should've said. Sullivan said that he meant "we’ll respond accordingly" and that Russia would pay a "severe price."

Clueless went to the NATO summit because Kam the Sham did such a lousy job when she did her latest European junket .But 4 times in his brief visit he had major gaffes that his administration had to immediately repudiate and clarify.

Zelenskyy said this weekend that NATO is all talk.

Zelensky accuses West of cowardice, warns Russia wants to split nation | TheHill

But what we get from Clueless is dangerous because his words are muddled and do not clarify US or NATO positions .Stuff like that leads to miscalculations .
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2022, 05:03 AM
    When asked about the possible use of chemical weapons Clueless said that NATO would "respond in kind" ;indicating that NATO would use chemical weapons in response .White House mouthpiece ,National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan had to clarify to the world that no .we would not be using chemical weapons in response.
    An ingenious use of another literary device?

Biden recently insisted that sanctions do NOT deter. He said it repeatedly. A number of members of his own admin have said just as insistently that sanctions DO deter. Hmmm.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 10:33 AM
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2022, 11:05 AM
    Thank goodness Biden didn't say, "We're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--We're going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol--"

If he had, there might have been an insurrection with windows smashed and offices vandalized.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 12:30 PM
    ahh another literary device ..... a non sequitur . Well done !
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2022, 12:42 PM
    I sometimes wonder what world people are living in when this (we're going to walk down to the Capitol) somehow becomes an incitement to violence, but this (For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power) is merely the wise use of a literary device.

Political bias, perhaps?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2022, 01:27 PM
    Trump had encouraged the crowd to "show strength" to take back the election, and then was driven back to the WH in his motorcade. Had Biden said and done that ... oh my!
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 05:30 PM
    Clueless had a presser today. His handlers decided to deal with his problem of off the cuff comments by giving him cheat sheets to refer to .

Uber Member

Mar 28, 2022, 05:42 PM
    No mention of his using a literary device on his cue cards? Wonder why?

And Trump encouraged the crowd to "show strength"? Wow. Did he say that before or after telling them to proceed peacefully? Rather strangely, you left that part of his speech out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2022, 06:13 PM
    At least Biden hasn't used Trump's favorite rhetorical device, anaphora.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2022, 04:06 AM
    Clueless went out of his way to deny saying what the whole planet heard him say .

DOOCY: Are you worried that other leaders in the world are going to start to doubt that America is back if some of these big things that you say on the world stage keep getting walked back?
    BIDEN: What’s getting walked back?
    DOOCY: It may sound like, just in the last couple days—it sounded like you told U.S. troops they were going Ukraine. It sounded like you said it was possible the U.S. would use a chemical weapon. And it sounded like you were calling for regime change in Russia and we know—
    BIDEN: None of the three occurred.
    DOOCY: None of the three occurred?
    BIDEN: None of the three. You interpret the language that way.

He then said he was talking about Poland to the troops . Well there are no Russian tanks in Poland to my knowledge .

Clearly when he said if Russia used chemical weapons we would 'respond in kind ' what he meant to say is that we would' kind of respond ',or there would be 'some kind of response ',or maybe a 'kind response' .

Regime change ? He was just expressing moral outrage according to him. That would be one thing if he were still a Senator .Maybe a bit irresponsible . Recently Sen Graham expressed the opinion that someone should wack Putin. It is an entirely different matter when the President of the US is on the world stage expressing US policy . Maybe Clueless doesn't get the distinction.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2022, 04:11 AM
    At least Biden hasn't used Trump's favorite rhetorical device, anaphora.
    Kam the Sham has that one covered . From her convention acceptance speech

Family is my husband Doug, who I met on a blind date set up by my best friend. Family is our beautiful children, Cole and Ella, who call me “Momala.” Family is my sister. Family is my best friend, my nieces and my godchildren. Family is my uncles, my aunts, and my chittis. Family is Mrs. Sheldon, my second mother who lived two doors down and helped raise me. Family is my beloved Alpha Kappa Alpha, our Divine Nine and my HBCU brothers and sisters. Family is the friends I turn to when my mother, the most important person in my life, passed away from cancer.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with anaphora .MLK used it very effectively during his 'I have a dream ' speech.

And yes ,Clueless uses it to great effect . The worst pandemic in a century.' 'The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.' 'The worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War.' (address to Congress 4/29/21)
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2022, 04:50 AM
    You interpret the language that way.
    What a clever discovery, that people actually attach meaning to words.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2022, 09:01 AM
    You amaze me, tomder! Your posts always have substance (even if I don't agree with what you say). Thanks for Post #36!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a 82nd airborne army guy only have a pic can't remember name [ 2 Answers ]

I was stationed at damnneck in va beach va in 2006. Met this guy trying to find him but don't know his name. He was in the 82nd airborne out of fort bragg

Is it safe to take Emergen C and Airborne during preganacy? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to take Emergen C or Airborne during pregnancy?

Airborne MRSA [ 2 Answers ]

If MRSA isn't airborne then why can you get it by breathing in droplets from sneezes and coughing?

Is MRSA airborne [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Is MRSA airborne. There's a person at my husbands place of employment that was told by her Dr that she might have it on wound on her leg.

View more questions Search