Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2022, 01:10 PM
    The end of Putin?
    "Russian elites are allegedly planning to remove President Vladimir Putin, according to Ukrainian intelligence, with a successor already in mind."

"'In the environment of the Russian business and political elite, a group of influential persons opposing [Vladimir Putin] is formed,' the post reads. 'Their goal is to remove Putin from power as soon as possible and restore economic ties with the West, destroyed due to the war in Ukraine.'"
    https://www.newsweek.com/russias-eli...-chief-1689830

Other news sources suggest Putin has colon cancer, thus his tired-looking, somewhat puffy face, his care about being not too close to people (green screens when supposedly speaking publicly and long table when negotiating/talking with someone) -- because of concerns about his immune system?

Is this war in Ukraine (and elsewhere?) and winning it his last gasp toward immortality in Russian history?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2022, 03:34 AM
    Last Question first . I have noted that Vladdy has stomach cancer and Parkinson's and that he does see this as a legacy war .
    As for the ability of removing him ;I doubt it unless Ukraine forces a Russian withdrawal .

Despite the difficulties Russia is already close to achieving the unstated goals Putty had when he began the war. Those are independent Russian friendly states in the Donbas region including a land bridge to Crimea ;Ukraine not being admitted into NATO , and either regime change or neutering the Zelenski regime . He would've also liked to extend the Russian friendly state as far west as the Dnieper river . That is not likely . He escalated in the hope of an easy victory . But the Russian doctrine has always been to escalate to deescalate . Once he completes the siege of Mariupol then he will go to the negotiation table . He has already extracted concessions from Zelenski to not join NATO and agreement that the Donbas region and Crimea will be carved out from Ukraine .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid is the Putin stooge [ 63 Answers ]

Nord Stream 2: Biden waives US sanctions on Russian pipeline - BBC News Matthias Warnig is a former East Germany spy and Putin crony who the State Dept will admit to Congress is engaged in sanctionable activities . Still they will recommend that sanctions on him and his company be waived . ...

Putin Puts Bounty On US Soldiers [ 28 Answers ]

20 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan as Russia orchestrated hit squads and put a cash bounty on lives of American GIs. It is unknown which or how many of the 20 were killed for that reason. Trump knew perfectly well what Putin was doing. Trump did nothing for two months until he...

Is Trump really Putin's poodle ? [ 9 Answers ]

consider the facts ...... Investment money that began to flow into Russia in anticipation of better relations between the US and Russian has begun to withdraw. The Russian economy is in the doldrums . Trump has not eased any sanctions ,and his favorable oil and natural gas policies have really...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

View more questions Search