Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2022, 05:24 AM
    How did Helen Reddy know what it means to say, "I am woman, hear me roar?" She was likewise not a biologist.

It is sometimes disheartening to see what kind of utter nonsense we Americans will accept.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2022, 05:18 AM
    It's not just elite sports in the USA, but in UK as well..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/60960213
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 10:18 AM
    That's why hormones have been and are continuously taken, to change gender characteristics.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 11:16 AM
    By the time you are twenty, it's too late for that to be completely effective. The science is clear on that.

"The recent International Olympic Committee (IOC) (2015) guidelines allow transwomen to compete in the women’s division if (amongst other things) their testosterone is held below 10 nmol/L. This is significantly higher than that of cis-women."

"We conclude that the advantage to transwomen afforded by the IOC guidelines is an intolerable unfairness."

https://jme.bmj.com/content/45/6/395

The paper stated healthy male test subjects “did not lose significant muscle mass (or power)” when their testosterone levels were suppressed below the International Olympic Committee guidelines for transgender athletes of 10nmol/L.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/08...ne-injections/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 11:27 AM
    No, the science isn't clear on the that!!!

The Federalist??? Surely you jest!
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 12:24 PM
    The Federalist? Yeah. All they were doing was referring to an article from the Journal of Medical Ethics. And they had actually READ the research!!

You can say the science isn't clear all you want, but other than just asking us to take your word for it, you would need to appeal to research. You have not demonstrated an ability to do that. Not trying to be ugly, but we both know that is true.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 12:51 PM
    I have, but you spit on it because it came from a "liberal dem" (me, hahahaha) and you cherry-picked.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 12:55 PM
    You are referring to the article you posted that actually contradicted your fake idea about a "testosterone bath". So I will wait patiently. I've grown accustomed to it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 01:25 PM
    It didn't contradict, but then we know you didn't read it honestly and with an open mind, you ol' literalist, you.

"The default gender in the womb is female,
    which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore de­velop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone."
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 01:36 PM
    "The default gender in the womb is female, which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones.
    Not only does this not support the idea of a "testosterone bath", it proposes the exact opposite. You know so little science.

‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone."
    And this gives us the startling news (to you) that males produce testosterone, even in the womb. It in no way supports your fake idea that all unborn children are subject to a testosterone bath.

I'm done with this. Any even semi-educated person reading this will immediately see that you have nothing and actually contradicted your own idea. That you cannot see that speaks both of your lack of knowledge in the arena of science and an unwillingness to acknowledge information that doesn't support your preconceived notions.

And besides all of that, I get tired of trying to explain these things to you repeatedly. It gets old, and I end up resorting to sarcasm which tends to be unkind, so it just doesn't pay.

Stick with grammar. It's your strong point. I will agree any day that you are very good with it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Not only does this not support the idea of a "testosterone bath", it proposes the exact opposite. You know so little science.
    Every embryo starts out as FEMALE!!!!

And this gives us the startling news (to you) that males produce testosterone, even in the womb. It in no way supports your fake idea that all unborn children are subject to a testosterone bath.
    That's how some of those female embryos develop male sex organs. Testosterone, weeks 7-9.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 02:03 PM
    That is not what your article is saying, but even if it was, it would in no way support your contentions.

This is research from Johns Hopkins U.

"Every developing embryo, irrespective of its sex, at one point contains both male and female reproductive tracts, referred to as the wolffian duct and the müllerian duct, respectively. If the fetus produces testosterone and the anti-müllerian hormone (AMH) gene products from the Y chromosome — these molecules elicit cellular signaling events that lead to the destruction of the female müllerian ducts. The wolffian ducts subsequently develop into male reproductive organs, such as the seminal vesicles, vas deferens and accessory structures. In the absence of testosterone or AMH, the wolffian ducts degenerate and the müllerian ducts develop into female reproductive organs including the fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix and upper vagina. These pathways were first identified and elucidated in the 1940s by the French endocrinologist Alfred Jost, who conducted intricate experiments using rabbits and showed that female development is a "default" pathway that needs to be actively overridden for the development of male sex organs.
    https://biomedicalodyssey.blogs.hopk...ns-out-a-girl/

That's how some of those female embryos develop male sex organs. Testosterone, weeks 7-9.
    Please read your own articles. I've already posted the quote above. You are being ridiculous. "and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone." If you don't know what "testis" means, then for goodness sakes look it up. FEMALES DON'T HAVE THEM!!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 02:10 PM
    That article begins after gender has been established and external sex organs have formed.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 02:11 PM
    Your own article clearly states that the Y chromosome is responsible for the development of testis and thus testosterone.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 02:12 PM
    Your own article clearly states that the Y chromosome is responsible for the development of testis and thus testosterone.
    Yes! When? After what has happened?
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 02:16 PM
    It's hopeless. You didn't even read the article or you would never have made such a comment. Gender is established at the moment of conception. It's a well known truth that everyone but you, evidently, is well aware of. Even your own article, at this point the worst enemy of your now hopelessly forgotten "testosterone bath" and assertion that TG individuals begin with a different hormonal makeup than others have, says this. "Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course..." Do you really not understand that???

After what has happened?
    Concerning your fake idea, the primary point is more like, "BEFORE what happens?" It is BEFORE testosterone is produced, so females are not subject to a "testosterone bath". Good grief. Could it be any more plain???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 02:25 PM
    It's hopeless. You didn't even read the article or you would never have made such a comment. Gender is established at the moment of conception.
    Nope. Not true. I'm done with this. And since you must have had a double testosterone bath in the womb, you will force yourself to post the last word in this discussion.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 02:32 PM
    Indeed I will. Your own article, as I noted above, said that. If you didn't like it, then you shouldn't have posted it.

"Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course..." Do you really not understand that???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2022, 02:37 PM
    "Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course..." Do you really not understand that???
    Your own article, as I noted above, said that. If you didn't like it, then you shouldn't have posted it.
    That comes later. Not at conception.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2022, 02:45 PM
    Nope. It happens at the moment of conception. "It is thus the male's sperm that determines the sex of each offspring in such species." This is because the female can only contribute an X chromosome, but the male can contribute either an X or Y. If it's a Y, then the offspring is male from the very beginning. The fertilized egg's gender has already been established at that point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_chromosome

Dear WG, I am stating nothing that has not been well known for decades. Sex chromosomes were discovered early in the 20th century.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Transgender? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a crossdresser. I have been dressing since I was 11. Well, that's when I first got caught. I have a tiny penis. My step-mother used to say my small penis was a sign I should have been a girl ? It was a birth defect? She also said it was the reason I liked to wear my step-sister's clothes? She...

Muslim and transgender [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 35 yr old muslim mother and have just found out my son might have gender dysphoria.I have been searxhing online for answers and don't really know what to do.my son is 16 and had this problem since the age of 11.I am so worried and don't know how to explain my situation.I don't know who to...

Transgender HRT [ 1 Answers ]

My question is this? I have been taking daily 250mg Spirolactone Daily,I now believe that I have rid myself of most,If not All Testosterone in my Body.I no longer get erections and my penis has shrunk very well,I am also taking 8-10mg Estrodial.My question is My Endocrinologist only wants me to...

View more questions Search