Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2022, 04:50 PM
    Russia is succeeding .
    As noted ;Putin's goal is not the conquest of the entire nation of Ukraine. He wants to establish a buffer state east of the Dnipro River and have a political solution of a neutral Ukraine state not aligned with the west . It has been sloppy . But shear numbers is on his side ;and clueless again signaled in his SOTU that the west will not step up and defend Ukraine .

Putin is NOT crazy and the Russian invasion is NOT failing, writes military analyst BILL ROGGIO | Daily Mail Online

I am moving on . You can find my comments and postings at Facebook 'The John Batchelor Radio Show Fan Club ' for now .
    The John Batchelor Radio Show Fan Club | Facebook
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2022, 05:29 PM
    Yeah. The site sadly is about dead. That’s really a shame. DW had two good posts recently but no one other than me replied. Shame. I did enjoy your posts.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2022, 05:44 PM
    Athos and I have been on Religious Discussions.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2022, 06:36 AM
    I am moving on . You can find my comments and postings at Facebook 'The John Batchelor Radio Show Fan Club ' for now .
    The John Batchelor Radio Show Fan Club | Facebook
    Hope to see you there.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2022, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    As noted ;Putin's goal is not the conquest of the entire nation of Ukraine. He wants to establish a buffer state
    hahalol - you could not have been more wrong - as usual.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 06:57 AM
    As usual you are hopelessly wrong .

What I was wrong about is that Russia is succeeding even it's limited objectives . It is not . They are pounding cities in terror bombings ;and like Germany in 1940 they are learning that terror bombings don't win wars . Eventually they will have to put troops into the cities . And all they have done west of the Dnieper river is hit some air fields and other strategic locations that are being used to re-supply Ukraine .

Check out this report from WSJ

Judging from the destroyed and abandoned armor, Ukrainian forces, which comprised local volunteers and the professional military, eliminated most of a Russian battalion tactical group on March 2 and 3.

A Ukrainian Town Deals Russia One of the War’s Most Decisive Routs - WSJ

Russian survivors of the Voznesensk battle left behind nearly 30 of their 43 vehicles—tanks, armored personnel carriers, multiple-rocket launchers, trucks—as well as a downed Mi-24 attack helicopter, according to Ukrainian officials in the city. The helicopter’s remnants and some pieces of burned-out Russian armor were still scattered around Voznesensk on Tuesday.
    Russian forces retreated more than 40 miles to the southeast, where other Ukrainian units have continued pounding them. Some dispersed in nearby forests, where local officials said 10 soldiers have been captured.
    “We didn’t have a single tank against them, just rocket-propelled grenades, Javelin missiles and the help of artillery,” said Vadym Dombrovsky, commander of the Ukrainian special-forces reconnaissance group in the area and a Voznesensk resident. “The Russians didn’t expect us to be so strong. It was a surprise for them. If they had taken Voznesensk, they would have cut off the whole south of Ukraine.”
    Ukrainian officers estimated that some 100 Russian troops died in Voznesensk, including those whose bodies were taken by retreating Russian troops or burned inside carbonized vehicles

The Russian offensive has stalled in the east and south where there is the heaviest concentration of ethnic Russians . They do not have the manpower to go further The Russians are fighting a flawed battle plan that worked well in 1945 .But back then tanks and armor supported infantry .Today it is the tank that needs the support from infantry . Shoulder fired RPG and javelin can kill tanks with minimal expense . Drones can negate air superiority at a low cost .

If Russia cannot succeed in taking the south and east then they don't have the power to surround and cut off Kyiv . Even if they can ;they don't have the conventional forces needed to send troops into the city and take it . All they can accomplish is more terror bombing . Stalingrad was a small city compared to Kyiv. The Germans tried for 5 months to take the city and couldn't .Their casualties alone were 6 times what Russia has committed to the whole Ukraine war .
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 01:27 PM
    And all they have done west of the Dnieper river is hit some air fields and other strategic locations that are being used to re-supply Ukraine.
    Another misleading, half-truth from you, tomder.

If you would stop watching FAUX- News or other right-wing channels, you would know that the Russians are bombing hospitals, maternity wards, children's shelters, apartment houses housing civilians, and any non-combatant target they can find. Terrorism at its worst. Putin is a war criminal. There is no doubt about that. Putin is killing thousands of Ukranians AND Russians living in Ukraine.

Please don't sully these pages with any more of your bs. The entire friggin' world knows what he's doing and condemns him for it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 01:48 PM
    the Russians are bombing hospitals, maternity wards, children's shelters, apartment houses housing civilians, and any non-combatant target they can find. Terrorism at its worst. Putin is a war criminal. There is no doubt about that. Putin is killing thousands of Ukranians AND Russians living in Ukraine.
    I see your problem .... you can't read .

They are pounding cities in terror bombings ;and like Germany in 1940 they are learning that terror bombings don't win wars . .......All they can accomplish is more terror bombing .
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 03:56 PM
    I see your problem .... you can't read .

They are pounding cities in terror bombings ;and like Germany in 1940 they are learning that terror bombings don't win wars . .......All they can accomplish is more terror bombing .
    Too weak, tomder, too weak. Why not come right out and say Putin is a war criminal and a thug of a dictator who is jailing HIS OWN CITIZENS for protesting his invasion, 15 years in the gulag.

Instead of merely explaining his military defeats as though it was all a war game.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 04:10 PM
    him being a war criminal is self evident . Why waste time on that discussion? I bring substance to my posts and comments .
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2022, 07:25 PM
    him being a war criminal is self evident . Why waste time on that discussion?
    So that we know where you stand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does Russia REALLY want ? [ 47 Answers ]

Here is the dipsh*t quote of the year Senior Administration Official on U.S. Diplomatic Engagement Regarding Our Ongoing Commitment to Ukraine’s Sovereignty, Territorial Integrity, and Independence - United States Department of State A whole interview was published and released on the State...

I'm really depressed and not succeeding in school.. help? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have never done one of these forums before but I hope I will get the help I desperately need. Let me first introduce myself. I am turning 19 this year and have graduated from high school just last year and plan to hopefully start college later this year. I have been dealing with...

Going To Russia [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had travel experience in Russia? I've heard you have to get an invitation to get a visa, and you can only get roubles in Russia. I've been learning some basic Russian on the internet. Are English or French widely spoken anywhere in Moscow or St. Petersburg?

Not Succeeding In Sexual Pleasure? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and we have had sex a few times but the problem is that I just can't have an orgasm. He has tried to penetrate deeply but I just don't have an orgasm. I do feel good for a few seconds but I just don't have an orgasm. I don't want to use any form of...

Russia [ 2 Answers ]

How big is Russia? How many different lanuages are in Russia? What is Russian Population, or how many people are currently living there??

View more questions Search