Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2022, 11:46 AM
    I am at a loss of words
    This is how JFKerry responded to Russia's attack on Ukraine ......

(no this is not Babylon Bee )

“I hope President Putin will help us to stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate”

Yeah Lurch ;maybe a nuclear winter would solve global warming . We are led by schmucks .

Lenin's old edict' You probe with bayonets. If you find mush, you proceed '. So far Putin has found a lot of mush ,
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2022, 12:28 PM
    Good grief. That one is hard to believe.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2022, 12:32 PM
    Then Clueless said this after announcing new sanctions today :

"No one expected the sanctions to prevent anything from happening...Putin's not going to say 'oh, my god, the sanctions are coming.'"

On Feb. 11, Jake Sullivan, the national security adviser, and key Evita player in the Russia hoax against Trump said that “the President believes that sanctions are intended to deter.”
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2022, 01:25 PM
    Meanwhile Clueless is days away from signing a nuke deal with Iran .......... negotiated by Russia.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2022, 01:34 PM
    Anti- war demonstrations have broken out throughout Russia prompting Russia's interior ministery spokesperson Maria Vladimirovna Zakharova to tell TV viewers to "refrain from unsanctioned protests" & or they'll be "arrested & brought to responsibility."That's because there are "coronavirus restrictions, including on public events."
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2022, 02:30 PM
    Biden has done the unexpected. He has made me miss Trump. Thank God for the opportunity to have faith in Christ rather than these mere men.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2022, 07:35 PM
    Clueless just issued a new round of measures against Russia ..... mask mandates ;mandatory quarantining just to flatten the curve .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2022, 08:15 PM
    Even the Russian people don't want this.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2022, 05:25 AM
    Clueless just issued a new round of measures against Russia ..... mask mandates ;mandatory quarantining just to flatten the curve .
    Please, please tell me you are joking.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2022, 05:46 AM
    sorry ....did not include the <sarc> font .

Even the Russian people don't want this.

Does that matter ? The only time the Russian people rose up against the Czar was when they were on the verge of losing WWI . I will admit however that the Putin reign has been as corrupt as the Romanov dynasty .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2022, 09:45 AM
    The Russians are very angry, knowing their lives and livelihoods will be disrupted plus soldier sons and daughters and brothers and sisters will come home in body bags. Assassination of Putin?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2022, 10:01 AM
    Russians by the thousands were killed in Syria ,Afghanistan ,2 wars in Chechnya ,Crimea ,Georgia,Abkazia ,Tajikistan ,and the Central African Republic since Putin became Czar . The opinion of the people are not relevant . What is relevant is the opinion of the power brokers in the government apparatchik or the oligarchs who's Londongrad properties are at sanction risk. From there assassination could come .

′Londongrad′: UK′s tough balancing act on Russian sanctions | Europe | News and current affairs from around the continent | DW | 15.02.2022
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2022, 10:11 AM
    Times have changed. I saw a lot of angry Russian AND Ukrainian faces on tv last night. Someone commented that AK-47s et al. were being purchased.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2022, 12:39 PM
    I doubt times have changed that much . The fall of the Soviet Union did not happen through a people's revolt. The people mostly sat out the 1993 coup when Yeltin had the legislature attacked by the military .That was the closest Russia came to a people's uprising since the Russian Revolution of 1918 . The truth is that the Russian people only know strong Czarist control of Russia . They lived through 4 centuries of it .Then the Soviet czars ,Yeltsin's decade of almost total control and then Putin's czarist reign.

Their brief foray into true democratic governance was a disaster . When you are seeing on tv is small and insignificant . The trucker's protest is greater .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2022, 12:51 PM
    And the truckers' protest resulted in what?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2022, 01:49 PM
    a repressive Canadian government .... more loss of freedom to protest .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2022, 01:57 PM
    Or reassurance from the government that it cares about its citizens' health.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2022, 06:27 PM
    Or reassurance from the government that it cares about its citizens' health.
    Even at the cost of a massive loss of personal freedom?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2022, 06:36 PM
    Personal freedom to get sick and possibly die? -- and take a few people with you?

There are MANY situations where we don't have "personal freedom" but know we have to care about ourselves and those with whom we interact.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2022, 07:29 PM
    Personal freedom to get sick and possibly die?
    Well...yes. People are free to do a great many things that could make them sick and dead. Smoking, drinking alcohol, and sunbathing come to mind quickly and they are all potentially lethal. Are you suggesting we outlaw them? Should we require by force of law that all sunbathers wear a measurable amount of sunblock, or do we allow them the personal freedom to get sick and possibly die? How about sexually active adults? Should we require them, by force of law, to engage ONLY in "safe sex"? After all, they could get sick and die, could they not?

and take a few people with you?
    What? If those "few people" don't want to get sick, they can get vaxed. It's all on them and not on the person who does not trust the vax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm at a loss of words, and need some direction. [ 17 Answers ]

I started working a new route for a couple of weeks and noticed a very pretty girl that was younger than me. At first I thought nothing of it because, I'm a sales rep for a company that distributes at that store everyday and I didn't want to mix my social life with work. Than I started noticing she...

If I sell my partnership for a loss can I claim it as a loss? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a llc partnership and we were taxed as an S corp.So every year each shareholder filed an 1120(s)k-1. The business went south and I sold my shares back to the other owners effective Jan 1st 2010. I had to pay to get out because the business was "upside down" and had a lot of debt. The...

Can I treat carryover loss as ordinary loss in the coming tax year? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I treat carryover loss as ordinary loss in the coming tax year?

Loss Deduction: Can a loss from an inherited residence be deducted for taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

Loss deduction: Can a loss from the sale of inherited property be deducted for federal taxes?

View more questions Search