Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctaylor539 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 02:26 PM
    How to quit my job
    Hey guys I need a little help! I've been working at a jewlery store in our mall since August. However, I would like to quit. Although I really do enjoy working there, I think I would be better suited to work at a clothing boutique. How should I put in my two weeks notice without completing ruining my relationship with my manager? I am her favorite employee, and am always the one she counts on to get things done.

Any ideas on what to say in my resignation letter would be appreciated because I want to convey that I really did enjoy working there, and that I just think I'd be better in clothing retail.

Thanks!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
    First question I have for you is do you have a job already lined up? It is hard to say exactly how to approach this because every manager is different.

If you enjoy doing the job and you get along good with the manager and you do not have anything lined up yet, I would say my opinion is to stay there.
    ctaylor539 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 02:35 PM
    No I already do have another job lined up. I would just like to quit on good terms, but I'm worried it will be hard because I am a big asset to our store.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Normally you don't quit one job till you have another one, and you quit by giving a notice and being a good worker, Bosses are bosses and not friends, you leave when it is time to leave.

If you spend too much time on worring how they will take your notice, you will never move on to better jobs.

But get the applications out there, and get the new job first, then give your notice.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 21, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Just tell the boss that you have enjoyed working there but you feel there is more of a future for you in the next job. -- Savage
    SoopaDuck Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 21, 2007, 07:27 PM
    And don't forget to tell them thank you.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 4, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Two weeks notice is standard, don't quit until another one is lined up..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

Modification of child support if I quit my job [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of leaving my current job to relocate to the east coast, and the area where I am moving to, where the wages are not so high. This is a choice I have to make because my family and I are unable to afford living in the state where we currently are. My wife's family lives over there...

I quit my job ( had reason) [ 1 Answers ]

I Didn't want to quit my job but I had no choice. Their was a lot of problems all last year. One supervisor was steady on my back. I was steady getting yelled at for no apparent reason. I worked 10 hour shifts as a baker, I always got my job done and my partners job too because he was always late....

Want to quit a job [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I have a quick question. I started working in a grocery store about 2 months ago. I am also taking 5 college courses during the evening. I work about 30 hours a week, which I think is too much. I am struggling with my courses right now since I do not get much free time to study. The job...

View more questions Search