Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2022, 06:42 AM
    duct insulation
    looks like fiberglass may be the best, but how will the foam filled doubled sided do? looks like its about 1/4 thick and a r value of 8
    AES R-8 HVAC Duct Wrap Insulation Reflective 2 Sided Foam Core 4' x 50' (200 Sq Ft)
    wonder if that is realy a r-8
    thank you for your time
    richard
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2022, 06:48 AM
    does this realy work as a r 8 ?? its only a 1/4 ythick AES R-8 HVAC Duct Wrap Insulation Reflective 2 Sided Foam Core 4' x 50' (200 Sq Ft)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change flex duct to 6"; galvanize round Duct [ 1 Answers ]

Its not a big job so I thought I could do it myself but first I want to know the proper procedure before I decide how to get it accomplished. It seems to me if they would have run the duct in the cavity straight off the Plenum to the boots it would have made everything more efficient. When...

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

I have SS duct (HVAC) to be connected to a Galvanized steel duct. Do I need dielectri [ 1 Answers ]

Do I require dielectric washers to join the SS duct to Galvanized steel duct in HVAC duct network?

Duct insulation [ 5 Answers ]

I have condensation and some dripping water from a duct in my basement (unfinished). Based on the threads I've read, it seems like covering the duct in insulation will fix this. However, I can only cover three sides of the duct, as the top is butted up to the ceiling. Will covering the three...

What is the 2x250 , 2x450 in acoustic duct insulation [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir / mam You may know answer this .

View more questions Search