Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2022, 11:31 AM
    So how's Israel ,one of the most vaxed countries on the planet , doing ?
    The Israeli's are pin cushions . They're working on the 4th jab even though studies show a 4th jab won't do a thing to stop omicron ,

Well they aren't doing too well Covid is running rampant in the country despite 80 percent of its adult population have been double vaccinated and some 55 percent have received a booster.

Israel's daily COVID-19 cases reach record 83,653-Xinhua (news.cn)

Coronavirus in Israel: 67,198 new cases, nearly 30% of tests positive (msn.com)

Highly vaccinated Israel has the most COVID-19 cases per capita IN THE WORLD (planet-today.com)

The Israeli's are pin cushions . They're working on the 4th jab even though studies show a 4th jab won't do a thing to stop omicron ,

Israeli trial, world's first, finds 4th dose ‘not good enough’ against Omicron | The Times of Israel

and repeated shots compromise the immune system

Israeli trial, world's first, finds 4th dose ‘not good enough’ against Omicron | The Times of Israel

Boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” Marco Cavaleri, the EMA head of biological health threats and vaccines strategy, said at a press briefing on Tuesday. “We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

Hmmmm ;where have we heard that before ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2022, 12:08 PM
    Simple really, their collective belief in the Greater Good far out weighs individual Freedoms.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2022, 01:17 PM
    their collective belief in the Greater Good far out weighs individual Freedoms.
    Doesn't sound like either one is being benefitted in the current situation.
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2022, 04:35 PM
    Ben their plan aint working . I saw some progressives.... I forget where (when I find it I'll link ) who were complaining that the 1st world obsession with multiple jabs is depriving some on the 3rd world of their first jab.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2022, 03:38 AM
    Found this essay from 2 writers of the left who do an even better and more comprehensive argument against this move towards multiple vaxing . I will quote a large segment of the essay .

The Left-wing case against vaccine mandates - UnHerd

Once the inequities and medical colonialism implicit in the global drive is recognised, the progressive rhetoric around universal vaccination is revealed as a house of cards. This applies to the West as well. Much of the institutional framing has revolved around people’s “duty” to get vaccinated. People of all ages were told to get the jab — and now their children — to avoiding infecting others, to help reach herd immunity and “eradicate Covid”, and to stop taking up hospital beds. However, none of these arguments holds up to scrutiny.It is now patently obvious that high levels of vaccination don’t correlate with fewer cases. Indeed, the most vaccinated region in the world, Europe, is also the one experiencing the greatest surge in new cases. While Israel, the first country in the world to administer a fourth dose of the vaccine, at the time of writing also has the highest number of daily new Covid cases per capita.This simply confirms what countless studies had already demonstrated: that while the Covid vaccines are excellent for the elderly and vulnerable populations in reducing the risk of serious illness, they offer a very limited protection from the possibility of getting infected and infecting others. It also means that the main rationale for vaccine passports — that of creating “Covid-free spaces” and reducing the spread of the virus — is completely unfounded, which is why several countries are now considering scrapping them.
    The fact that even the vaccinated can catch and transmit the virus is also the reason why it is simply false to claim that by getting jabbed you are contributing to “eradicating Covid”. As is now being admitted by a growing number of scientists around the world, with the current vaccines we are unlikely to reach herd immunity any time soon. None of this should be surprising, since the idea that herd immunity can only be achieved through vaccination is itself a new one, which appears to have been developed by the WHO in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Princeton University historian of medicine David J. Robertson notes that while mass vaccination has certainly been associated with herd immunity in recent decades, it has never previously been seen as the sole means of achieving this immunity.
    As for the notion that people should get vaccinated to avoid taking up hospital beds, it’s an argument that makes little sense, for obvious reasons, if aimed at those who faced little or no risk of ending up in the hospital in the first place. Respected epidemiologists have noted that the chances of an 18-year-old dying of Covid are 1 in 10,000 of those of a 75 year-old. Even for people under 50, the risk is low. While a small number of people in this category might indeed end up in hospital as a result of their choice not to get vaccinated, it’s unclear why they should be held any more responsible than someone who ends up in hospital as a result of, say, unhealthy lifestyle choices.
    Moreover, the rhetoric around universal vaccination is leading to negative impacts in poorer countries, where health funding and resources have many competing and more deserving priorities: as the Ghanaian historian of medicine Samuel Adu-Gyamfi wrote in December: “It should be up to African countries to determine their own public health goals, and Covid-19 is far from being the most serious public health concern in Africa today.”
    It’s hard to see the collective benefit of vaccinating everyone against a virus that targets only a minority of the population – especially if this achieved through highly discriminatory and segregational policies.
    Even from an individual perspective, for younger people who risk little or nothing from Covid, it’s unclear whether there is even an individual benefit from receiving the vaccine. It rather feels like, in the rush to vaccinate every living thing, the elderly have once again been sacrificed. A focused protection approach might have geared all efforts towards reaching the highest possible vaccination coverage in people aged 60+ as quickly as possible — including, as a last resort, age-specific mandates (unnecessary in practice because people in this age group, in general, are more than happy to get vaccinated).Ultimately, it would appear that the prevailing mass vaccination strategy of most countries has benefited neither the less vulnerable nor the most vulnerable.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2022, 04:47 AM
    Excellent article. My wife and I are finally coming out of the woods with our "Covid experience". It has not been fun. Worst parts were being so fatigues and being cooped up in the house. Today is freedom day!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2022, 05:08 AM
    Glad to hear it . Now with the vax and having covid you have achieved
    'super immunity .'

COVID super-immunity: one of the pandemic’s great puzzles (nature.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2022, 05:24 AM
    Always knew I had to be super at something, so now I know what it is!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an earth-like planet be moon to a much bigger planet? [ 2 Answers ]

So can an Earth-like planet be the moon to a Jupiter for example? Or something of that size. And just to be clear, the Earth-like planet comes with a lush world and EVERYTHING on earth included. including human life.

Why developed countries have low interest rate comparing to Developing countries [ 1 Answers ]

I'm so confused with this question please help

My fiancée is in israel but he say he can't leave israel until he pays 10 percentage [ 14 Answers ]

He called me and ask if I had a credit card that he can put money on and once I get it withdraw the 10 percentage that he needs to pay so he can come home. But what he's asking I can't understand why he can't pay cash or get cashiers check to pay the 10 percent of $750,000.00 he inherited

Israel [ 52 Answers ]

Why did they do it? Israel said " its soldiers were trying to defend themselves against armed activists." That sounds like a big fat lie.

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

View more questions Search