Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2022, 05:46 AM
    We got a mighty convoy Ain't she a beautiful sight?
    Kudos to Canadian truckers tired of the BS mandates !!
    A massive convoy of trucks now stretches 44 miles long on it's way to Ottawa to protest the January 15 vax mandate for cross border truckers . Estimates say 50,000 trucks could be participating, the Toronto Sun reported.The convoy plans to reach Ottawa by Saturday for a protest.
    Trucker convoy: East-coast leg of protest against vaccine mandate leaves Maritimes - YouTube
    Now US truckers are joining the convoy .
    WATCH: US truckers joining Canadian Convoy - The Western Standard (westernstandardonline.com)
    Come on and join our convoy
    Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way
    C.W. McCall - Convoy - YouTube
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2022, 07:29 AM
    Let us know how many of the anti-vax truckers wind up in the hospital or dead from the virus.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2022, 09:40 AM
    You see the supply chain disruptions ? Like I once was ;those truckers are what they call "essential" . Tell me how your groceries get to the store without them . And don't pretend they are replaceable . As it is there is a huge shortage of truckers made worse because people don't want to carry Nazi ID cards wherever they go .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2022, 09:42 AM
    Do you carry a Nazi ID card, tomder? I do. With pride and confidence.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2022, 09:45 AM
    Here in the free land of South Carolina it is not necessary . When I travel back to NY in the spring ,I will have no choice . That's if the events I plan to attend aren't cancelled out of fear .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2022, 10:10 AM
    But you are vaxed and ready to duel with Covid!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2022, 10:52 AM
    But you are vaxed and ready to duel with Covid!
    Isn't that something of a contradiction? If you're vaxed, and if the vax works, then dueling with Covid won't be necessary, will it?

I'm walking proof the vax is not effective at prevention.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2022, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'm walking proof the vax is not effective at prevention.
    You are walking proof the vax prevents serious illness and death.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2022, 11:27 AM
    the vax prevents serious illness
    Sometimes it does. I will say that I feel seriously ill, but I do get your point. I'm not in the hospital, so that is good to say.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2022, 11:35 AM
    Serious illness = IVs, oxygen, transfusions, infusions, surgery
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2022, 12:12 PM
    Reminds me of the old joke about major vs. minor surgery. It's minor surgery when they do it to you, and major surgery when it's done to me. So it's minor illness when you have it, but serious illness when I have it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2022, 05:31 AM
    This is exposing the rhetoric the elites used 2 years ago when they hid in their offices or worked from South Hampton homes while the essential workers the truckers, store clerks, sanitation people, bus drivers, police, or dozens of other jobs that needed to be done ,kept the nation alive . Back then it was all praise to the little people .
    The average Canadian gets it .
    You can tell by the thousands up thousands of Canadians braving the snow and bitter cold of the Canadian winter to go out to the highways waving flags and cheering the truckers on.
    These truckers don't represent the "fringe " as Justin Trudeau dismissed them to be.

“The small fringe minority of people who are on their way to Ottawa who are holding unacceptable views that they are expressing do not represent the views of Canadians who have been there for each other, who know that following the science and stepping up to protect each other is the best way to continue to ensure our freedoms, our rights, our values, as a country,”

Back then he was thankful for the dedication to their work

He will pay a heavy political price for his smug arrogance.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2022, 07:36 AM
    Just amazing. A perfect example of the risks of oppressive government. "No! You free Canadians cannot park your car on the side of the highway and support truckers who are driving by! What do you think this is, a free country or something??" This was done under an "Emergency Management Act". So evidently it is now an emergency when free people protest the dictates of an over-reaching government. How long will Canadians put up with this?

The Canadian province of Nova Scotia made it illegal for people to gather along a highway ahead of the "Freedom Convoy" of truckers that made their way across the country in protest of vaccine mandates.
    The local government issued "a directive under the Emergency Management Act prohibiting protesters from blockading Highway 104 near the Nova Scotia-New Brunswick border."
    The directive specifically states supporters of the Freedom Convoy and another protest, the Atlantic Hold the Line event, can’t gather along Highway 104, on the Nova Scotia-New Brunswick border. The directive states that "allowing people to gather in those areas would put themselves and others at risk."
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2022, 11:47 AM
    As thousands of truck protesters entered Ottawa, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau beat a hasty retreat
    Justin Trudeau moved to secret location during vax protests (nypost.com)

reminds me a little ditty from Monty Python and the Holy Grail '

Brave Sir Robin Ran Away - YouTube
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2022, 01:15 PM
    Moved to a secret location? Makes it sound like the truckers are bent on violence which they plainly are not.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2022, 07:37 AM
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2022, 11:14 AM
    Trudeau says that he would not attend the truckers rally because they are violent . But he gladly attended non-violent protests .... like BLM .(about the 1:10:00 mark .)
    He also accused them of being Nazis Evidently they did find one protester with a Nazi flag and one with a Confederate flag.

PM Justin Trudeau addresses ongoing protest in Ottawa against vaccine mandates – January 31, 2022 - YouTube

BREAKING: Trudeau accuses trucker convoy protesters of racism, vandalism | The Post Millennial
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2022, 05:41 AM
    Trudeau recently said he would not give in to those who fly racist flags, engage in vandalism, or dishonor the memory of Canadian veterans. What? Wouldn't that be the BLM crowd Trudeau admires so much? It is certainly NOT this group of truckers. He later said that those who oppose mandatory vacs are racists and misogynists as well. A news report showed a person with a sign claiming the truckers were white nationalists. Sad that we have reached the point where protestors have to be connected with a host of other, negative social pathologies so that they might be more forcefully denounced. Rather than engage the serious issue the protestors are speaking about, the strategy is instead to use the power of the media to disgrace them. Not too sure it's going to work in this case. I hope not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2022, 03:00 PM
    The Mayor of Ottawa called some tow companies and asked them to start towing trucks out of the city. The tow companies reply? "We've got covid
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2022, 05:15 PM
    The revolt of the Canadian provinces has begun .

Saskatchewan dropping all COVID restrictions, vax passports by end of month | True North (tnc.news)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We got us a convoy! [ 19 Answers ]

Protests these days have to be big to be heard so the truckers in Australia have got themselves a convoy or is it 11 convoys focusing in on the National capital to shoo that little red fox out of the hen house. This is really putting your money where your mouth is Steer clear of protest convoys,...

View more questions Search