Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 06:53 AM
    How do we elect these spineless jellyfish?
    Newsom asks for forgiveness for referring to gangs of criminals as "gangs"? What?
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom clarified this week that when he called criminals accused of stealing packages from cargo trains in the state "gangs of people" he wasn’t implying the thefts were gang-related.

"This is not one-off," Newsom said in a news conference near Union Pacific Railroad tracks in Los Angeles on Thursday, according to the Washington Times. "This is organized theft. These are organized gangs of people that are coming out."

"Forgive me for saying ‘gangs,’ that’s not a pejorative," he clarified. "They’re organized groups of folks that move from site to site."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gav...n-thieves-gang
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 06:59 AM
    They are as much gangs of organized train robbers as the 'Hole in the Wall gang were .

Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 07:06 AM
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were relentlessly pursued by Pinkerton detectives until they decided it was better to escape the USA . They were gunned down in Bolivia . The difference between then and now is that train robbers face no consequences .
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 07:16 AM
    Comments like these are not exactly going to strike fear in the hearts of the criminal element. "Forgive me for saying ‘gangs,’ that’s not a pejorative."
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 07:54 AM
    Union Pacific Railroad says 90 containers on average are getting hit each day. 160% increase in thefts in LA County since December when District Attorney George Gascon effectively decriminalizing theft of less than $950 . He doesn't appear to be interested in prosecuting grand larceny either .

Specifically, just over the past three months of intermodal peak season in preparation for holiday shopping, UP has had the following experience in Los Angeles County:• On average, over 90 containers compromised per day.• In partnership with Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD), and California Highway Patrol (CHP) we estimate over 100 arrestshave been made of active criminals vandalizing our trains. UP alone making several dozens of arrests.• With our law enforcement partners we have deterred hundreds of individuals from trespassing and vandalizing our trains.• Of all those arrests, however, UP has not been contacted for any court proceedings.
    PREPARED FOR REVIEW/APPROVAL BY John Venice and Adrian Guerrero 5/14/18 (up.com)

Criminals are caught and arrested, turned over to local authorities for booking, arraigned before the local courts, charges are reduced to a misdemeanor or petty offense, and the criminal is released after paying a nominal fine. These individuals are generally caught and released back onto the streets in less than twenty-four hours. Even with all the arrests made, the no-cash bail policy and extended timeframe for suspects to appear in court is causing re-victimization to UP by these same criminals. In fact, criminals boast to our officers that charges will be pled down to simple trespassing – which bears no serious consequence. Without any judicial deterrence or consequence, it is no surprise that over the past year UP has witnessed the significant increase in criminal rail theft described above.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2022, 07:05 AM
    Speaking of elected jelly fish How about Illinois home of Chi town ?
    You want to talk about audacity ?

Thieves broke into 2 stores in a smash and grab moment . They grabbed the cash registers from the 2 stores and went to Governor J.B. Pritzker’s private home in Chicago’s swankiest neighborhood. They emptied the content of the registers on his lawn . Then they proceeded to the rich area stores on Michigan Avenue where they robbed the Burberry luxury goods store for a second time in three days.

Armed men raid Lakeview stores, dump booty outside governor's house, then break into Burberry store AGAIN - CWB Chicago

Chi town was Americas murder capitol again last year with 800 ;the most there in 25 years . It would've been even worse if not for the proficiency of health care workers in the city who are schooled in a MASH like environment . Over 3500 people were shot in the city last year .
    Hospitals are so skilled that the US military sends medical staff to train there before deployment to war zones.
    Chicago's violence provides training for military doctors - BBC News
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2022, 07:20 AM
    But you can be sure they will continue to elect liberal dems. It's really incredible.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 03:57 AM
    Gavin Newsom is now "cleaning up" railroad crime

Gov. Newsom Helps Clean Up After Rail Thefts, Addresses New Task Force – KCAL9 and CBS2 News, Sports, and Weather (cbslocal.com)

George Soros' Open Society sponsored the LA DA George Gascon ,who chooses not to prosecute .He was born in Havana .He is facing recall He has now found his scape goat for the great train robberies . He is blaming Union Pacific .

In a letter to UP General Director of Public Affairs Adrian Guerrero, the district attorney said that the Los Angeles Police Department has determined that "UP does little to secure or lock trains and has significantly decreased law enforcement staffing.
    It is very telling that other major railroad operations in the area are not facing the same level of theft at their facilities as UP.''
    Los Angeles DA Gascón Fires Back, Saying Union Pacific Doesn’t Protect Its Cargo – NBC Los Angeles

The reason for that is simple . It is Union Pacific that goes to the ports to pick up consumer freight .

Newsom says that the items being stolen are being sold on the net . That is true .The obvious conclusion is that this is not random smash and grab theft . It is being coordinated by organized crime . The thieves know which cars to hit .That means they are most likely getting inside information from the ports about which trains and containers to hit .

The way to stop this if law enforcement is unwilling or unable to get it done itself is how they did it in the old west . Deputize citizens and put bounties on the capture of the thieves . 'Wanted dead or alive' works for me .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    'Wanted dead or alive' works for me .
    Unfortunately for you, we are are a society of law, not vigilantes.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 10:53 AM
    deputizing posses is constitutional

Art 1 Sec8 Clause 11 Congress has the power To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

A letter of marque gives privateers the legal power to hunt down pirates .
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 11:32 AM
    deputizing posses is constitutional
    "Wanted: Dead or Alive" is unconstitutional.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 12:01 PM
    Rewards were paid if the wanted person was brought in dead or alive. It was not a license to kill. BUT if the wanted person happened to resist arrest ? ooops .
    1934 Bonnie and Clyde were gunned down as they attempted to flee a law enforcement ambush .

Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:02 PM
    1934 Bonnie and Clyde were gunned down as they attempted to flee a law enforcement ambush .

Yeah, I saw the movie. You must be right. J Edgar signed it.

However, what about due process? Seizure? The Bill of Rights? Especially the Fifth Amendment.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:33 PM
    Seizure ? seriously ? Every police dept in the nation seizes property under the flimsiest pretext .

5th Amendment ? Tell that to the hundreds of incarcerated Capitol rioters . Oh I see . You care more about the rights of pirates robbing trains than people illegally taking selfies in the Capitol.
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:35 PM
    You care more about the rights of pirates robbing trains than people illegally taking selfies in the Capitol.
    Exactly correct. It's all driven by a hatred of anything related to Trump.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:51 PM
    Seizure ? seriously ? Every police dept in the nation seizes property under the flimsiest pretext .

5th Amendment ? Tell that to the hundreds of incarcerated Capitol rioters . Oh I see . You care more about the rights of pirates robbing trains than people illegally taking selfies in the Capitol.
    Tom, you're wandering. Not unheard of among the right-wing inclined. The 5th Amendment is a position against the "Wanted - Dead or Alive" business. Try to stay in the right (directional right) lane.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 06:06 AM
    except as I mentioned 'Wanted Dead or Alive' was never a license to murder . It was for the reward. No different than today's bounty hunters. If they happen to kill the person they are pursuing they had better have a self defense explanation.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 10:27 AM
    If they happen to kill the person they are pursuing they had better have a self defense explanation.
    That's my point. They don't have carte blanche to kill.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 12:24 PM
    Deputize citizens and put bounties on the capture of the thieves . 'Wanted dead or alive' works for me .
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 01:38 PM
    Deputize citizens and put bounties on the capture of the thieves . 'Wanted dead or alive' works for me .
    Capture ain't dead or alive, even if it works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible that people can have pet jellyfish [ 6 Answers ]

I would really like to know if jelly fish could be kept by human beings as pets.

Maytag elect. Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag #pye2300ayw is not heating properly. I have changed the high limit kit looks like element comes on and shuts off very fast is there a thermostat on the blower ? Or maybe what position is the high limit thermostat belong in. thanks

The elect [ 3 Answers ]

To me it is pretty clear that God chose people for salvation, before that person even accepted Him... do you believe that or something different and why

Converting dryer from gas to elect. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert my gas dryer to electric or do I have to buy a new dryer?

View more questions Search