Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 02:03 PM
    we need more Pat Garretts and less Gascons
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    we need more Pat Garretts and less Gascons

In his own review of his first year in office, Gascón touts that juveniles are no longer being charged as adults, that he has eliminated many sentencing enhancements that contribute to “mass incarceration,” that he has ended cash bail for nonviolent felony offenses and that he is diverting misdemeanors associated with substance abuse, poverty and mental illness out of the criminal justice system.

I agree with all those things but it is his own opinion and others may have different ideas of his success in those areas. One problem is reducing capital murder down to 25 years - out in 20.

I don't know the details of the guy but one thing I do believe in is stopping capital punishment as long as the innocent are being executed. More modern techniques, DNA, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible that people can have pet jellyfish [ 6 Answers ]

I would really like to know if jelly fish could be kept by human beings as pets.

Maytag elect. Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag #pye2300ayw is not heating properly. I have changed the high limit kit looks like element comes on and shuts off very fast is there a thermostat on the blower ? Or maybe what position is the high limit thermostat belong in. thanks

The elect [ 3 Answers ]

To me it is pretty clear that God chose people for salvation, before that person even accepted Him... do you believe that or something different and why

Converting dryer from gas to elect. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert my gas dryer to electric or do I have to buy a new dryer?

View more questions Search