Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2022, 01:39 PM
    @JL: The Bible should tell you more about yourself than anything else.
    Why do you believe that?

Why do you think the Pharisees and scribes asked Jesus - by what Authority do you do these?
    What was Jesus answer??? (backed by scripture?)
    He appealed to John the Baptist, who himself had been prophecied...by Scripture.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2022, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    .Ah, errr, wait a minute - this wasn't suppose to happen? Should I be worried?
    LOL - good question!

The Bible should tell you more about yourself than anything else...it is you that is in "this book.
    You're on a roll, W.

I once read a book about what the author called "theology". They were simple stories about God and how people reacted to God. In the preface, he advised the reader to see himself in the stories, not someone else. I think you're saying something similar.

Let your word "Live in me, oh God!
    Yearning like the Psalmist.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2022, 02:34 PM
    It's a simple equation. When a person wants to believe whatever he/she wants to believe, then that person will cut loose from any objective standard as much as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question for early childhood educators. Can you please answer the following? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been wondering for ECES, when you get vacation time. If you work in a full day kindergarten classroom, I’d imagine you have summers off possibly and perhaps take vacation on march break and christmas break? What about in childcare centres including in the preschool room. Do you have time...

What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following. Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s) Can ECES go...

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Condoms and the kenyan clergy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Father chuck, I recently watched a program on condoms and HIV in Kenya. I was saddened when I realized that many Kenyans(and I am sure many across Africa) did not understand that the church's apathy to condom use was that it promoted promiscuity,since it seems to suggest its all right to have...

View more questions Search