Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:47 PM
    Nope. YOU said this. It was your silly, erroneous conclusion. ""Considering the extreme danger in the place where she was going and the prep taken, it would have been natural to exaggerate later."

I'm done with this until you are ready to be honest.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Nope. YOU said this. It was your silly, erroneous conclusion. ""Considering the extreme danger in the place where she was going and the prep taken, it would have been natural to exaggerate later."
    Prefaced by Hillary said during her campaign:

You would have done the same thing -- going into a known dangerous situation, prepped with protective gear, then years later, you'd recall only the danger and your fear.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 01:19 PM
    Like I said…honesty. It was not a dangerous situation as the video makes clear. You are not being truthful. Disappointing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 01:40 PM
    Like I said…honesty. It was not a dangerous situation as the video makes clear.
    In retrospect, remembering it years later, yes, it was. Do you and your wife remember your wedding day with identical memories? Is she a liar if she doesn't remember what you do? And yes, Hillary embroidered the situation years later, just as you and I -- and most humans -- would. It's what people do. Now, that makes me think of Trump and HIS lies....
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 01:49 PM
    In retrospect, remembering it years later, yes, it was
    I don't care for your efforts to cover up for her. For anyone to believe that she was EVER flown into a dangerous situation as first lady with her daughter along is just silliness. It never happened. She lied.

I'm done. Try your excuses on someone else. Bye.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 02:05 PM
    I'm not covering for her. There were heaps and gobs of military with her on that flight. And when she landed. In a Reuters report:

***Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday she made a mistake when she claimed she had come under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia in 1996 while she was first lady.

In a speech in Washington and in several interviews last week Clinton described how she and her daughter, Chelsea, ran for cover under hostile fire shortly after her plane landed in Tuzla, Bosnia.

Several news outlets disputed the claim and a video of the trip, showed Clinton walking from the plane, accompanied by her daughter. They were greeted by a young girl in a small ceremony on the tarmac and there was no sign of tension or any danger.

“I did make a mistake in talking about it, you know, the last time and recently,” Clinton told reporters in Pennsylvania where she was campaigning before the state’s April 22 primary. She said she had a “different memory” about the landing.***
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 02:11 PM
    Lie verb to create a false or misleading impression

No! to have a different memory of an event .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Lie verb to create a false or misleading impression

No! to have a different memory of an event .
    Was it deliberate or "a different memory"? A great deal of time had passed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 02:42 PM
    If I was running serpentine to avoid gun fire it would forever be emblazed in my memory .

The In Laws - Alan Arkin - Peter Falk - YouTube
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 02:57 PM
    Terrific video, tomder! Okay, I'll concede. Hillary lied. Otherwise, she would have been shouting "serpentine" at every news conference.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 03:03 PM
    I'm done. Try your excuses on someone else. Bye.
    Too funny. Can't - won't - give three Trump lies so he misdirects desperately, trying to change the subject, then runs away. Nothing new here, folks.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 03:10 PM
    Can't - won't - give three Trump lies so he misdirects desperately, trying to change the subject, then runs away. Nothing new here, folks.
    Easy solution. You comment on what has already been presented about HC, BC, and JB lying, and then we can move on. There is no point in presenting more material to someone who will not comment on what has already been presented.

Hope you do a better job than what was already attempted on the Kosovo fairytale. That's assuming you actually respond, which of course you won't.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 03:21 PM
    Easy solution. You comment on what has already been presented about HC, BC, and JB lying.
    Trump was part of the assignment. You did not complete the assignment. Your grade is "Incomplete". Plus, you dropped out of the discussion in post #45. Did you get bored without us?
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2022, 07:23 AM
    Whoops. I missed this. I commend you, WG. "Okay, I'll concede. Hillary lied." A refreshing breeze of honesty dances across the board!
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2022, 02:44 PM
    Why do people in authority (politicians, clergy, educators, et al.) lie?
    "Authority" - Man was given "Dominion and Authority."
    You might ask; Why didn't God intervene, and just tell Eve, Stop...don't touch the Fruit?
    God did not have the authority to do So...at least not until he produced a body for himself.

people, politicians, clergy, educators, lie?
    Because We still believe (operate) in the Lie!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2022, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    God did not have the authority to do So...at least not until he produced a body for himself
    Of course He did. But as the allegory goes, He gave Adam and Eve Free Will.

Nota bene: FREE will.
    I have no idea what that means. Please explain.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2022, 03:54 PM
    You might ask; Why didn't God intervene, and just tell Eve, Stop...don't touch the Fruit?
    God did not have the authority to do.
    God had already told Adam and Eve to not eat the fruit. Eve knew that perfectly well, so how you decided that God did not have the authority to do so is a little mystifying. He clearly knew He did have such authority.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Jan 24, 2022, 09:01 PM
    I have no idea what that means. Please explain.
    This World is a lie. If you operate in this world (according to your flesh)...you are living a lie.

@jlisenbe
    God had already told Adam and Eve
    And the Lord God commanded the man?
    This is not relevant at the moment.
    Why didn't God intervene, and just tell Eve, Stop...don't touch the Fruit?
    God heard the conversation. God knew what was going on. Couldn't God have saved us a lot of trouble...if he simply came down and told her - STOP, don't do it???

John Wesley - "It seems that without God, man CANNOT, and without man, God WILL NOT"
    This quote means there has to be a partnership between heaven and earth.
    God would always need man’s permission before He can operate on earth.
    Man was given "Dominion and Authority.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2022, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    This World is a lie. If you operate in this world (according to your flesh)...you are living a lie.
    Please explain.

Jan 24, 2022, 09:50 PM
    Please explain.
    Look beyond the earthly things of this world to the glory yet to be revealed and to become mentally and morally changed by the influence which is “from above. Kingdom Concept; God (the King) is Law! It is not a Democracy. When the King Speaks, there is no question. God's Word is Law! Those who belong to this World operate according to its Laws (just make em up as you go)...AKA the Lie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question for early childhood educators. Can you please answer the following? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been wondering for ECES, when you get vacation time. If you work in a full day kindergarten classroom, I’d imagine you have summers off possibly and perhaps take vacation on march break and christmas break? What about in childcare centres including in the preschool room. Do you have time...

What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following. Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s) Can ECES go...

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Condoms and the kenyan clergy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Father chuck, I recently watched a program on condoms and HIV in Kenya. I was saddened when I realized that many Kenyans(and I am sure many across Africa) did not understand that the church's apathy to condom use was that it promoted promiscuity,since it seems to suggest its all right to have...

View more questions Search