Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jan 25, 2022, 10:51 AM
    Myles Monroe, can explain it much better than I. If you were to take just a few minutes and listen too it?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...BD4E&FORM=VIRE

You want Doctrine. Prayer takes on a whole new meaning (for me).
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 10:57 AM
    Wifey and I, both having been vaxed and her having received the booster, both tested positive for Covid yesterday, so we are cooped up in the house until next Monday. Oh well.
    That's comicon for you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2022, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Myles Monroe, can explain it much better than I. If you were to take just a few minutes and listen too it?
    You can't post a video you found on bing (your tablet's search engine). It won't play.
    You want Doctrine. Prayer takes on a whole new meaning (for me).
    That makes absolutely no sense. You're comparing apples and oranges. Please rephrase.

Jan 25, 2022, 11:40 AM
    Oops. Look up: Myles Monroe, why God didn't stop Eve.

The link I posted earlier works fine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2022, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Oops. Look up: Myles Monroe, why God didn't stop Eve.

The link I posted earlier works fine.
    His last name is Munroe, not Monroe.

I have never listened to a more inaccurate, confused and confusing lecture in my life!

Your first video says in print on a black screen, "Sorry, this video is no longer available." Plus, it too is from a bing search.

Jan 25, 2022, 12:09 PM
    Earlier post...earlier than the one you hit.

It wasn't meant for you...allegory Girl.
    I don't like the way he presented it but he had some good points on prayer and Kingdom concept, along with authority.

Why do people in a position of power lie?
    Because Authority has been given to them. They have given themselves over to lies.
    There will come a time (if not now) where they will believe the lies they speak.
    They might have been given the authority, but they have no power.

The power comes from God's Law...the Christ.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 12:14 PM
    Walter, here's the deal. If you believe something to be true, then you should be able to say, "It says so here and here and here." Pointing to an admittedly disjointed video is not a good strategy. Do you know WHY you believe WHAT you believe? You will note that it is that very question that is at the core of most of my exchanges here.

"You believe so and so? Oh? Why do you believe that?" It strikes me as the best question you can ask. I have been asked here why I believe in a coming judgment and hell. I reply with dozens of clear testimonies from the Bible including many from Jesus Himself. That is not always received here well, but there is no plea other than silliness such as "cherry picking", or a claim to be able to know the AUTHENTIC message of Jesus with, strangely enough, no description at all of how that person came to identify that message. I feel very safe when I can surround myself with the many testimonies of scripture.

Jan 25, 2022, 12:45 PM
    We are a living Testimony. Surround yourself with as many testimonies as you can find...is not going to keep you from appearing before the judgment seat of Christ.

Are the things you trust real and true – or just dim reflections of something bigger?
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 12:50 PM
    We are a living Testimony. Surround yourself with as many testimonies as you can find...is not going to keep you from appearing before the judgment seat of Christ.
    True for everyone including you.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Do you know WHY you believe WHAT you believe?
    LOL - this is too good to pass up. You have NEVER said WHY you believe. You have IN EVERY CASE said "Scripture says so".

I have been asked here why I believe in a coming judgment and hell. I reply with dozens of clear testimonies from the Bible including many from Jesus Himself.
    There you go again! Ah, this is FAR too good to see in his own words why he NEVER explains his belief, yet criticizes others for the very thing he does.

I feel very safe when I can surround myself with the many testimonies of scripture.
    I can't stop laughing. He can't stop digging that hole deeper and deeper. ROFL.
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 01:26 PM
    You have NEVER said WHY you believe. You have IN EVERY CASE said "Scripture says so".
    Uhm..."Scripture says so" is the explanation for my beliefs. Most people catch on to that fairly quickly. It is an appeal to the authority of the Bible.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 01:53 PM
    Uhm..."Scripture says so" is the explanation for my beliefs. Most people catch on to that fairly quickly. It is an appeal to the authority of the Bible.
    It's obvious what people "catch on to" - that you have no explanation except "the Bible told me so". Intelligent discussion demands more than that - like WHY you believe scripture says so. Yeah, yeah, we know - God wrote the Bible.
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:09 PM
    I find it much preferable to your own explanation of, "Athos says so".

you have no explanation except "the Bible told me so".
    First you claim I never say why I believe, and then you admit that I do appeal to the teaching of the Bible. You need to make your mind up.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:24 PM
    I find it much preferable to your own explanation of, "Athos says so".
    I give reasons for what I post unless they are so self-evident that the reasons are obvious. I also employ rationality (logic) whenever appropriate. Internet references - you notably refuse to look there (unless, of course, you are the one posting).

First you claim I never say why I believe, and then you admit that I do appeal to the teaching of the Bible. You need to make your mind up.
    Give it up. You know EXACTLY what is meant. EXACTLY! Drop the word games - you're transparent when you do that.

You still have failed to answer - WHY do you believe scripture says so?
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:29 PM
    Give it up. You know EXACTLY what is meant. EXACTLY! Drop the word games - you're transparent when you do that.
    Except, of course, that you cannot explain your own gaffe. Too bad. And putting "EXACTLY" in all caps does not prove anything other than an utter lack of ideas and self-control. I oftentimes wonder why you become so angry. Maybe WG can give you some counseling on that.

I give reasons for what I post unless they are so self-evident that the reasons are obvious. I also employ rationality (logic) whenever appropriate. Internet references - you notably refuse to look there (unless, of course, you are the one posting).
    Like I said, "Because Athos says so."

Now you are clearly welcome to that defense, but it's like I've told you many times in the past. If it comes down to accepting what Jesus said versus accepting what Athos believes, then the choice for me is obvious. You've never been raised from the dead, or even had to courage to state your own belief about the resurrection.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:47 PM
    If it comes down to accepting what Jesus said versus accepting what Athos believes, then the choice for me is obvious. You've never been raised from the dead, or even had to courage to state your own belief about the resurrection.
    Your comments have been done to death. They have been rebutted again and again and AGAIN!

Please continue to your heart's content.

Meanwhile, we're waiting for you to explain why you believe scripture says so. Try to stick to the point. I understand that it's a tough question to answer. But not answering doesn't improve your position.

Jan 25, 2022, 02:48 PM
    Because he lives!

Because I know, know, know he holds the future...because he lives.

Now shut it (the two of you)!

God gave man all Authority over his creation. In order that Man would destroy Sin.
    God incorporated Sin to destroy Sin.
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:49 PM
    Meanwhile, we're waiting for you to explain why you believe scripture says so. Try to stick to the point. I understand that it's a tough question to answer. But not answering doesn't improve your position.
    You mean in the same manner you have done in answering if you believe in the resurrection? Like that? Is that what you mean?

They have been rebutted again and again and AGAIN!
    That's true as long as "again and again" works out to none at all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2022, 02:55 PM
    You mean in the same manner you have done

I mean like this - Why do you believe scripture says so?

Jan 25, 2022, 02:56 PM
    Because he lives!

Because I know, know, know he holds the future...because he lives.

Now shut it (the two of you)!

God gave man all Authority over his creation. In order that Man would destroy Sin.
    God incorporated Sin to destroy Sin.

Just in case you didn't hear me the first time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question for early childhood educators. Can you please answer the following? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been wondering for ECES, when you get vacation time. If you work in a full day kindergarten classroom, I’d imagine you have summers off possibly and perhaps take vacation on march break and christmas break? What about in childcare centres including in the preschool room. Do you have time...

What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following. Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s) Can ECES go...

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Condoms and the kenyan clergy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Father chuck, I recently watched a program on condoms and HIV in Kenya. I was saddened when I realized that many Kenyans(and I am sure many across Africa) did not understand that the church's apathy to condom use was that it promoted promiscuity,since it seems to suggest its all right to have...

View more questions Search