Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 05:43 AM
    Why do people in authority (politicians, clergy, educators, et al.) lie?

POWER ..... the desire to have it ;the fear of losing it . They know they can get away with it because often their followers live in echo chambers and don't want to know an alternative . They believe that if they tell the lie enough times it becomes the truth .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 06:28 AM
    They know they can get away with it because often their followers live in echo chambers and don't want to know an alternative . They believe that if they tell the lie enough times it becomes the truth
    Which is exactly why committed liberal dems set their hair on fire about a supposed Trump lie, but then have no comment on established incidents of lying by HC, BC, and Biden other than trying to excuse them.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 08:52 AM
    I really struggle to understand that. If lying is bad, then it's bad for everyone. If a person is selective in their criticism, then it is plain that something other than a dislike of lying is driving the narrative.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Why do people in authority (politicians, clergy, educators, et al.) lie?

POWER ..... the desire to have it ;the fear of losing it . They know they can get away with it because often their followers live in echo chambers and don't want to know an alternative . They believe that if they tell the lie enough times it becomes the truth .
    Perfectly said, Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Which is exactly why committed liberal dems set their hair on fire about a supposed Trump lie, but then have no comment on established incidents of lying by HC, BC, and Biden other than trying to excuse them.
    It works that way for repubs too.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 10:21 AM
    Good morning, WG.

"It works that way for repubs too." That is certainly true. I was more referring to people on this board. I don't see the point in posting about Trump's supposed lie, but then being curiously silent about lies from BC, HC, and Biden. Either we re opposed to lying, or we just want to be critical of DT.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 10:32 AM
    Good morning, WG.

"It works that way for repubs too." That is certainly true. I was more referring to people on this board. I don't see the point in posting about Trump's supposed lie, but then being curiously silent about lies from BC, HC, and Biden. Either we re opposed to lying, or we just want to be critical of DT.
    I'm still waiting for you to give me three examples of lies by Trump and Biden. You don't want to stay after school to work on this, do you?
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 11:04 AM
    Wayyyy too late for that, I'm afraid. I've done all the work so far. I know you would not want to pass up this chance to up your quality of work from the distressingly poor conclusion you reached about HC.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 11:16 AM
    Wayyyy too late for that, I'm afraid. I've done all the work so far.
    You did not complete the assignment. You told ME to find Trump's lies.

Originally Posted by jlisenbe You can look up Trump lies. Just be aware that the one claimed by Athos was hardly a lie. That has been documented earlier.

No, this time YOU list three Trump lies. You're so good at picking out lies; this is your golden opportunity!
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 11:50 AM
    But you don’t get to pass out assignments. Why do lib dems always want someone else to do their work? Nah. I’ve shown I can do the research. Now it’s your turn.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah I get it .... Trump/Repubs bad
    Took you long enough.

PS - Not just bad - far worse than that. Try attempting to overthrow the duly-elected president and continuing the Big Lie as devotees of Trump. It's inconceivable why you continue to support the madman Trump.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 11:58 AM
    But you don’t get to pass out assignments. Why do lib dems always want someone else to do their work? Nah. I’ve shown I can do the research. Now it’s your turn.
    It's because you'd have to list lies by Trump, isn't it. Aha! And I can pass out assignments because it's MY thread.

YOU posted: Why have Trump and Biden repeatedly lied about all sorts of things? Then you mentioned three lies by Biden, but didn't bother to mention any Trump's lies -- and told me to find them myself.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, this time YOU list three Trump lies. You're so good at picking out lies; this is your golden opportunity!
    He will NEVER list Trump lies, WG. Trump does not allow a negative truth told against him. His followers are keenly aware of that.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:07 PM
    I did the research on bc, hc, and jb which you don’t care to address. You have no room to sermonize.

Besides, WG needs her chance at redemption.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 12:13 PM
    I did the research on bc, hc, and jb which you don’t care to address. You have no room to sermonize.
    You did not complete the assignment.
    Besides, WG needs her chance at redemption.
    I have been redeemed and will spend eternity with my Lord and Savior.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:21 PM
    Not on the basis of your poor work on the hc Kosovo fairytale. Really bad look for a retired librarian. We expected much better.

I mean REALLY! Aren't you terribly embarrassed by this swing and a miss? "Considering the extreme danger in the place where she was going and the prep taken, it would have been natural to exaggerate later." There is no part of that which is even close to being right. Did you do better work than that as a librarian? I hope so.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 12:27 PM
    Not on the basis of your poor work on the hc Kosovo fairytale. Really bad look for a retired librarian. We expected much better.
    Did you miss my comment?: "I can't stand her! I looked at several articles on sites I respect and dug up what I posted about her comments."
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:35 PM
    I did see that. You are basically saying you did research and yet missed the truth by a mile. Am I supposed to feel better now??? Like I said. It's a really bad look for a retired librarian. It's like a math teacher deciding that six times six equals twelve.

In fact it bears repeating. "Considering the extreme danger in the place where she was going and the prep taken, it would have been natural to exaggerate later." Unreal!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 12:36 PM
    I did see that. You are basically saying you did research and yet missed the truth by a mile.
    Nope, I didn't miss the truth. Please read more carefully.

I'm sure you've never exaggerated later.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2022, 12:40 PM
    Nope, I didn't miss the truth. Please read more carefully.
    And now you are doubling down on it. Hilarious!! "Six times six DOES equal twelve!!"

Here. I'll break it down for you.

Considering the extreme danger in the place where she was going
    There was no danger at all at the airport as the CBS video clearly shows. And there was NO "corkscrew" landing.

and the prep taken,
    The prep was to have a nice collection of people there who all looked happy and relaxed.

it would have been natural to exaggerate later."
    Only if you think "exaggerate" means, "to lie like a dog".

Do you see your errors now? NONE of it was valid.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2022, 12:45 PM
    No errors by me. I had prefaced that with:

Hillary said during her campaign:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question for early childhood educators. Can you please answer the following? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been wondering for ECES, when you get vacation time. If you work in a full day kindergarten classroom, I’d imagine you have summers off possibly and perhaps take vacation on march break and christmas break? What about in childcare centres including in the preschool room. Do you have time...

What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following. Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s) Can ECES go...

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Condoms and the kenyan clergy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Father chuck, I recently watched a program on condoms and HIV in Kenya. I was saddened when I realized that many Kenyans(and I am sure many across Africa) did not understand that the church's apathy to condom use was that it promoted promiscuity,since it seems to suggest its all right to have...

View more questions Search