Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ppen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Turning on A/C blows 3amp fuse on circuit board
    Hi,

Hope someone can help me. As stated in the title, when ever I turn the a/c on it blows the 3 amp fuse on the board. The system works fine with heat on. It's only when I activate the a/c does it burn. I have no idea what is causing the fuse to blow. Does anyone have any ideas of where I can look? Also, I tried to disable the electronic air cleaner but it still blows. I don't know where else to look.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Pete
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Check for a short in the wires going to oue outside A/C unit. Also check the 24 volt components in the A/C unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-amp fuse on circuit board [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having an intermittant problem where the 3-amp fuse on the circuit board keeps burning out. Lately, the problem has occurred in the late afternoon (3-7pm) such that when I replace the fuse, it will last for 3-4 minutes before blowing again. If I wait until late in the evening to turn on...

96 Civic alternator fuse blows out [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my alternator changed on my 96 civic sedan. Now the relay/alternator fuse keeps on burning out? Any ideas. Lucas

Furnace 3 amp fuse blows after install of honeywell HE360 humidifier [ 4 Answers ]

My wife's uncle installed a new honeywell HE360 humidifier and now the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing? I had a humidifier before and just installed a new onewhat could be the problem? Please help Thank you Larry

Goodman controller board fuse blows [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMPN120-5, service guy replaced PCB in Aug due to A/C failure, root cause unkknown or not documented. Last week I turned on heat for first time this season, now nothing runs. Service guy returned, located blown 3A PCB fuse, replaced, still blows. Replaced fuse with 5A for testing...

View more questions Search