Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2022, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What is OAN ?
    Thay are Trump's favorite channel since Fox said something Trump didn't like. OAN is soon going off the air since they will not be renewed by DIRECTV.

I have seen the tapes and it is clear Trump was looking for the votes he thought were stolen from him
    Hard to believe you could write that with a straight face.

Intent really does matter according to Georgia law.
    Not in criminal law.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2022, 04:12 AM
    Of course intent matters in criminal law. It's the fundamental difference, for instance, between a charge of murder versus a charge of manslaughter. It's the very foundation of "good Samaritan" laws.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2022, 04:27 AM
    all I did was cite what Georgia law says about the high standard of proving criminal intent .

“I don’t think you can put up just the (Raffensperger) phone call” before a jury, said Bullard. “Because the phone call could cut either way, and a good defense attorney will argue … that (Trump) believed in his heart of hearts there was fraud regardless of whether that’s true and that he wanted the local official who was responsible for ensuring the results were accurate to do his job.”

Andrew Fleischman, an Atlanta attorney and ex-public defender, said speaking to government officials about issues under their purview — even if what they’re asking for is wrong, false or without due process — is a protected form of political speech. He compared it to Trump devotees’ chants to “lock up” former Secretary of State and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
    “I think (Trump’s) actually got a pretty strong First Amendment defense there,” Fleischman said.
    Trump's state of mind central to Fulton DA's investigation | News & Features | ArcaMax Publishing

OAN is a conservative network that is being banned by big tech <sarc> what a surprise ! </sarc>
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2022, 05:32 AM
    OAN is a conservative network that is being banned by big tech <sarc> what a surprise ! </sarc>
    That should be of great concern to everyone.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2022, 06:33 AM
    Anti-trust is the only answer I see . It is very apparent the the powerful big tech firms will not allow conservative media to gain a foothold. Build your own is the conservative way .The assumption that the left values free market competition is misguided . It does not . The assumption is that the government's legitimate role is to create a level playing field .

I have already pointed to how Amazon ,Apple and Google knee capped Parler before it could get off the ground . Other web hosts refuse to host other conservative sites .Paypal has banned some conservatives from using their site .
    Journalist Says He Has Been Banned by PayPal for Political Beliefs (crowdfundinsider.com)

I did some reading on this . Turns out that CNNs Brian Stelter complained about OAN on air saying providers should not carry it. He also had similar comments about FOX. He had a Facebook security person on his show who said that although these networks have freedom of speech; Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, should not be bringing them into tens of millions of homes.

Clueless Joe's FCC nominee Gigi Sohn hates FOX .
    some examples :
    I agree that scrutiny of big tech is essential, as is scrutiny of big telecom, cable & media. And trust me, the latter have played their own role in destroying democracy & electing autocrats. Like, say, Fox News?

Gigi Sohn on Twitter: "@larry_irving @khart I agree that scrutiny of big tech is essential, as is scrutiny of big telecom, cable & media. And trust me, the latter have played their own role in destroying democracy & electing autocrats. Like, say, Fox News?" / Twitter

For all my concerns about #Facebook, I believe that Fox News has had the most negative impact on our democracy. It's state-sponsored propaganda, with few if any opposing viewpoints. Where's the hearing about that?

Gigi Sohn on Twitter: "For all my concerns about #Facebook, I believe that Fox News has had the most negative impact on our democracy. It's state-sponsored propaganda, with few if any opposing viewpoints. Where's the hearing about that?" / Twitter

So do you still want me to believe that social media is more dangerous to our democracy than Fox News?

Gigi Sohn on Twitter: "So do you still want me to believe that social media is more dangerous to our democracy than Fox News?" / Twitter

Right on cue with the left in power and calling the shots ,DirecTV; which is owned by AT&T ; which also owns Brian Stelter's CNN announced it would not renew OAN's contract .

Maybe conservatives need to build their own giant telecommunications conglomerate from scratch to compete in the market ;assuming that regulators would not kill it because they advance opinions the government doesn't agree with.

This of course is a non-starter . The only chance conservative media has is a level playing field .And that will not happen until big tech is broken up .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

Suggestions on real independent "world news" websites [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all, I've been looking for a "world news" website which I can read daily. I know some of you might say "hey, there are tens of websites for news" but when you look at them closely, they are mostly not reflecting the truth. Instead, they are influenced by "elite", lobby,Corporations and only...

Fox "News" at it again - caught lying [ 46 Answers ]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/video/video_2324.html?1271360625 It's a good thing O'Reilly researched it. The sad thing is that the viewers of fox news will never see that... because they don't watch anything other than fox news.

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Create "news letter signup" [ 2 Answers ]

You see these everywhere they can't be that hard so what's the skinny? Using DW

View more questions Search