Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2022, 03:09 PM
    everyone has the right to be oppressed and the oppressor at the same time .
    Yeah. Kind of like tolerance. I want you to tolerate me, but the heck with me tolerating you. It all remains as it's always been.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2022, 06:26 PM
    remake of Snow White
    Snow White Remake Will Include Magical Creatures Instead of Dwarfs After Peter Dinklage Criticism (movieweb.com)
    Instead of dwarfs, Disney will fill the void with a group of what they describe as “magical creatures,” according to casting sheets that TheWrap has seen. (They are currently looking for voice actors to give these creatures personality.) It’s unclear if they will inhabit the same roles as the dwarfs – will they be mining for jewels? Will they have names like Sleepy, Grumpy, and Bashful? – but these magical creatures will be the substitutes for the original seven dwarfs.”
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2022, 01:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    remake of Snow White
    Snow White Remake Will Include Magical Creatures Instead of Dwarfs After Peter Dinklage Criticism (movieweb.com)
    Instead of dwarfs, Disney will fill the void with a group of what they describe as “magical creatures,” according to casting sheets that TheWrap has seen. (They are currently looking for voice actors to give these creatures personality.) It’s unclear if they will inhabit the same roles as the dwarfs – will they be mining for jewels? Will they have names like Sleepy, Grumpy, and Bashful? – but these magical creatures will be the substitutes for the original seven dwarfs.”
    I can understand Dinklage's point here, but it gets worse as they have cast a person of south American origin as the lead. This deserves to be a flop. Disney really need to engage brain cell before releasing these live action remakes of classic.
    What's next on the list, Song of the South....
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2022, 03:08 AM
    It is just another attempt to applying 21st century ethos and morality on history . A dwarf in the context of the Brothers Grimm was from Germanic mythology . They were short ,bearded with child-like faces . They were incredibly strong and typically miners .
    The story is true to the mythology .

This was also true of Tolkien's tales. The dwarfs were short bearded incredibly strong and brave . Gimli was as tough as they come .

In Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy he fights fiercely ;makes a friendship with the elf Legolas despite ancient hatreds between the 2 races .But Jackson used his height as a comic prop. I wonder if Jackson would be able to make the movies today in the current PC toxic atmosphere.
    <sarc> You see the people of the 21st century are just so morally superior to the people of the past </sarc>
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2022, 06:07 AM
    There is blow back from other dwarf actors who were counting on the opportunity to ger the roles that Disney wrote out of their PC version.

Dwarf actors slam Peter Dinklage for canceling seven dwarves | Daily Mail Online
    'It makes me so sick to my stomach to think that there are seven roles for dwarfs that can't get normal acting roles, or very few and far between roles, and now they are gone because of this guy.
    'Peter Dinklage is the biggest dwarf actor probably of all time but it doesn't make him king dwarf,' Dylan Postl, who played Hornswoggle the leprechaun in WWE for 10 years and has also acted in The Muppets, told DailyMail.com.
    'When he was cast as a little person role in Lord of the Rings or in a Game of Thrones or in Elf or this that or the other thing... those checks cashed just fine.
    'He had no issue then. But now he wants to be progressive? Come on man.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Rides at Disney World Safe? [ 3 Answers ]

I will be 10 weeks pregnant when we go to Disney World. I hear stay off the rides, as well as you are safe up to 14 weeks to go on all the rides. What is the best way to know what to do?

15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken,probability it was orange? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken out of the packet, what is the probability that the sweetis: (A) orange (B) yellow

How can I stop eating sweets ? [ 0 Answers ]

I have this problem where I can't stop eating sweets. I eat them everyday. I even steal money to buy sweets and steal sweets! ( another problem STEALING!) I have to have sweets everyday, I eat them day or night. For Halloween, I got a whole big bag of sweets and I ate them in one day. I gave...

Sweets in Elementary School Parties [ 12 Answers ]

I recently moved from a School District that was new and had State of the Art buildings and technology. Their food policy was never to allow any junk food (sweets) into the classrooms for birthday parties or any school reward. If there were rewards for classroom contests, they won prizes from a...

Indian Sweets [ 1 Answers ]

How to make Gulabi Jammon - An Indian Sweets

View more questions Search