Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karentn23 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2022, 09:45 AM
    Heat Pump blowing weird when starting
    My heat pump just recently started having a little issue. It doesn't do it all the time, but when starting up it will start blowing, then stop, start, stop, a few times before it kicks in fully. I have also noticed in the middle of running it will do it as well. Like I said, it doesn't do it every time, but I have noticed it is doing it more frequently. I have checked my air filter and it is fine.

Any ideas?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 02:51 PM
    It could almost be anything from an electronic safety feature to a simple maintenance issue. What's the make and model? You could find Youtube videos of your model/brand for some insights in checking those symptoms, otherwise a qualified tech with proper knowledge and tools is highly recommended. Got DIY skills and tools yourself?

Jan 14, 2022, 08:47 AM
    It's an American Standard 2WCX3036A1000AA

I do have some skills in fixing things, it's just figuring out where to begin. It did run a lot the other week because our temps dropped so low, that's when the issue began. I'm just trying to get an idea of the issue, as a female I worry about maintenance techs trying to sell me more than needed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2022, 04:41 PM
    A well founded fear but Youtube has many excellent teaching videos. They don't teach you how to get an honest trustworthy tech however but a few phone calls and questions can help you choose wisely. This is the first of a few educational videos to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jonl_TLkpE

Jan 15, 2022, 07:31 AM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe 1200 heat pump no heat blowing [ 0 Answers ]

Went to turn on to heat mode in auto. Could hear unit outside but no heat blowing inside as if its not responding to temp setting up or down. I haven't checked it out yet but will when o return. What does this sound like?

My heat pump is not blowing out enough heat to heat the house [ 0 Answers ]

My heat pump is not blowing out enough heat to warm some room in the house, but the two rooms that close to the heat pump get nice and warm.

Heat pump not blowing cool air [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My heat pump has been cooling just great until last evening when the register air was only blowing 62 degrees, even as it cooled outside the register air never dropped down. To be safe I shut it off. Anything I could do other than calling repair? Does refrigerant need to be charged?...

Heat pump blowing breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Heat pump/ Air conditioner Goodman Manufacturing Model# CPKE30-18 approx. 6 years old Notice breaker was flipped while cleaning garage. Flipped breaker and heard it try to kick on. Never kicked on but kept trying. Flipped breaker off and went to look to see the...

View more questions Search