Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 04:06 AM
    Fire the union bosses
    Union leadership have become tools of the Democrats and no longer represent the rank and file who pay the dues . Contrarily they support polices opposed to the rank and file best interests .

Rank and file should ask the United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters how supporting Clueless Joe was in their best interest when he clearly was against all fossil fuel production and he shut down Keystone XL2 killing thousands of union jobs. And if that was not enough ,Clueless has been doubling down working to shut down midwest pipelines carrying natural gas to midwestern states .(the Line 5 pipeline)

The United Mine Workers leadership endorses Build Brandon Better even though it is clearly designed to end coal production. UMWA President Cecil Roberts wrote a letter to Sen. Joe Manchin blasting him for blocking the passage of BBB. AFL-CIO President Josh Sword also asked Manchin to continue negotiating with Biden on the bill .
    The coal miner rank and file want to mine coal and not make windmills as Evita once offered as an alternative.

Even the United Auto Workers are putting thousands of jobs at risk by supporting the administration's EV goals .

The American economy needs a cheap and reliable fossil fuel to work and will continue to need it for many years even if it were possible in the future to run a $22 trillion economy with windmills and solar panels manufactured in China ,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 09:03 AM
    Only a true conservative would suggest ordinary workers deal with the corporate bosses and their lawyers without lawyers of their own. Destruction of worker rights continues.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 01:25 PM
    True conservative. Thank you for the complement. If you hired someone to work in your best interest and they turned around and did the opposite would you retain their services ? How exactly is supporting positions that destroys the jobs of the workers they pretend to represent helping their rank and file ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 01:52 PM
    In November 2021 there were 10.562 million jobs available in the US. We don't need or want fossil fuels, btw.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 02:11 PM
    "we" certainly do need to continue to use fossils fuels. What heavy equipment is used to mine those RARE earth metals used in manufacturing all that clean green energy ? I have yet to see any heavy industrial tool powered by windmills and solar cells

Why do they need unions if the unions are not going to protect their jobs ? Fire them .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    True conservative. Thank you for the complement. If you hired someone to work in your best interest and they turned around and did the opposite would you retain their services ? How exactly is supporting positions that destroys the jobs of the workers they pretend to represent helping their rank and file ?
    That's not the purpose, history, or policy of unions in America, and I think you know that. Work rules work conditions, and settling grievances complaints and conflicts helps the rank and file. Don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    "we" certainly do need to continue to use fossils fuels. What heavy equipment is used to mine those RARE earth metals used in manufacturing all that clean green energy ? I have yet to see any heavy industrial tool powered by windmills and solar cells

Why do they need unions if the unions are not going to protect their jobs ? Fire them .
    I doubt fossil fuels disappear in our lifetime, Tom no matter the development of other energy sources.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 03:25 PM
    the purpose of the union is to not protect jobs and instead to support policy that destroys the jobs ? Strange .
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 05:02 PM
    btw Chi town teachers who stay off the job should also be canned
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2022, 03:27 AM
    We don't need or want fossil fuels, btw.
    Surely you mean that to be a joke of some sort. Otherwise it's a completely incredible statement which is about as out of touch with reality as it can get.

In the meantime, it's getting interesting in Chicago. After the teachers union decided to not show up for classroom work (choosing to do "virtual" classrooms instead) for the second day in a row, leaving open the question of who's in charge, this happened.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot accused the Chicago Teachers Union of attempting to hold students' education "hostage."

"I will not allow [the Chicago Teachers Union] to take our children hostage. I will not allow them to compromise the future of this generation of CPS students. That is not going to happen," Lightfoot said during a Wednesday night press conference.
    The union might want to think about this. When you lose the support of an extreme left-winger like Lightfoot, you must be out on the edge of the cliff. And the good mayor might want to consider exactly how she intends to prevent the union from doing basically what it pleases. Someone should tell her that the lib dem chickens are coming home to roost.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-p...teachers-union
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2022, 04:04 AM
    Reagan gave the template about how to deal with public service unions that choose to strike .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to fire union worker with no written or verbal warning [ 7 Answers ]

Is it legal to fire union employee twelve years over one accident? I have never been late No prior accidents. Never been written up.Just fired same day as accident with no verbal or written warning.

Can union member start union shop [ 4 Answers ]

Can a union member open a union shop?

Ugly bosses [ 1 Answers ]

I just left this job after working there for almost 6 months. My old boss tried to be nasty and not send me my last check in the mail until a month after I left there. When I received my check she had taking out money out of my check (without my permission) for garnishment. We have never been to...

The bosses [ 7 Answers ]

I work at a junior high school and the assistant principal has always had it out for me and now have convinced the principal that I'm bad news. The vice has only been there six or seven years as an administrator and I've been there 20, she is much older than I. The principal is not in our part of...

View more questions Search