Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2022, 09:05 PM
    what return duct size be
    i have 100,00 btu and 3 ton unit, i use 1 main trunk line, what should the size be? about, i now have 20 x8, i an confuzzed about what i see on line, looks like i need about 600 sq inches, is that right?thats about 30 x 20 rextnagle. i use 1 center return aera in the center of the house, thank you for you time,
    richard

Check out some similar questions!

hvac duct size [ 16 Answers ]

i know my duct is to small 20 x 8, it runs one way from the furnace 23 feet, is 20 x 12 ok for my 100,000 btu, 12000 cfm furnace if it was running two ways, 12 foot each way, what size should it be ??? thank you for your help and time, richard

Cold air from return ducts and main return duct not sucking in air [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new furnace installed. When the heat came on the furnace was screaming (making so much noise I could not sleep. I called the furnace company. The man came out and said the return duct in the crawl space was not connected and the furnace was not sucking in enough air. He supposedly made a...

How to calculate the air supply size for a room, according to duct size? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton central heating and a/c. My bathroom was remodeled and now is 66 sf. My existing flex duct to the bath is 7" DIA. Can I use a 12x4 supply boot with a 7" duct, or do I have to change the duct size? How can I calculate the size of a supply boot according to duct size?

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

Duct size [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed a wall in the kitchen, the straight heating duct running through the wall from the basement to the second floor bedroom is 3in by 10 in. (30 sq in.) .I want to replace it with a round duct with 5 elbows that will run from the existing vent in the bedroom, down from it to under the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.