Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2023, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You presented nothing to show that Trump was gleefully watching the demonstration on 1/6. You presented nothing to show that Trump encouraged anyone to carry out an insurrection. Just posting disjointed links does not help your cause.
    I'm sorry your life is so busy and complicated that you don't have time to read the excerpts I c/p and watch the videos I posted.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 04:23 PM
    I’m sorry that you cannot post a single supporting quote from the articles you posted. I read through them and, evidently like you, could find nothing supporting your allegations other than some biased opinions. Biased opinions, as you well know, amount to practically nothing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2023, 04:31 PM
    But I did. The paragraphs posted are from the links, which include quotes from Trump. Even a video of the tv watching of the insurrection plus music playing (with Ivanka dancing in place and her brother talking to the camera that was panning the tv watchers).
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 05:25 PM
    I posted, "You presented nothing to show that Trump was gleefully watching the demonstration on 1/6. You presented nothing to show that Trump encouraged anyone to carry out an insurrection."

You referred to your previous post which I copied below. Nothing there supports to two ideas above. Nothing.

• President Donald Trump took several hours to respond to the insurrection at the Capitol last Wednesday despite numerous pleas from staff, advisors, and members of his family.
      Perhaps his response was not timely, but that is not what you alleged.
    • A new report from The Washington Post says Trump was too busy watching the insurrection unfold on TV [FOX News] to do anything to quell it.
      Ditto.
    • "He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV. If it's TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls," one Trump advisor told The Post.
      Just strikes me as a silly observation, but still does not support your allegations.
    • Sen. Lindsey Graham said Trump was also reluctant to do anything because "he saw these people as allies in his journey and sympathetic to the idea that the election was stolen."
      Pure opinion and nothing more.
    • Former White House officials such as Kayleigh McEnany and Pat Cipollone said Trump was holed up in the dining room next to the Oval Office as the attack unfolded. According to Cipollone, who served as White House counsel, images of the violence unfolding were on the screen as Trump watched.
      So? Certainly does not support what you alleged above.

If you want to suggest that Trump should have responded sooner, then we can agree. If you want to suggest that Trump's fiery rhetoric contributed to the 1/6 riot, then I would agree, but you have made three mistakes in my view.

1. You went much too far in suggesting he gleefully watched the whole thing.
    2. You went much too far in suggesting he encouraged an insurrection.
    3. You have not uttered a single word of criticism towards Pelosi and the D.C. mayor. Tom has posted a great deal that implicates them in being, at the very least, careless and guilty of dereliction of duty. That's the worst part. It makes you appear to be a partisan hack who sees everything through liberal colored glasses. I think that perception is unfortunate.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 05:28 PM
    and here I thought the narrative was that he got into a limo and tried to grab the wheel from the driver who refused to take him to the Capitol.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 05:44 PM
    That was last quarter's narrative. They're working on the new one for next quarter.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and here I thought the narrative was that he got into a limo and tried to grab the wheel from the driver who refused to take him to the Capitol.
    Now you know better. The truth is all there for you to see and become informed re the truth. Denial in the face of facts and testimony makes you look foolish.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2023, 06:10 PM
    Denial in the face of facts and testimony makes you look foolish.
    If we could only find those elusive facts. Maybe it's something like this. "That is absolute BULLSH*T and you know damn well it is!"
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2023, 11:55 PM
    That was part of the narrative. President Trump, "I'm the f...ing president. Take me to the Capitol". The Secret Service unknown spokesman denied this happened. That spokesman REFUSED to testify in person!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2023, 06:11 AM
    That was part of the narrative. President Trump, "I'm the f...ing president. Take me to the Capitol".
    and yet the slanted NPR timeline neglected that

Shortly after that, Trump ends his speech.
    "We're going to the Capitol," he says. "We're going to try and give them [Republicans] the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country."
    Trump returns to the White House. He does not go to the Capitol.
    It also left out the part where Capitol Police assisted in taking down barriers ;opened doors for the protesters ,and took selfies with them .

The timeline also neglects to mention the role of FBI informant Ray Epps .Witnesses saw him encouraging people to enter the Capitol on Jan 5 . He was on the FBI list of suspects but was mysteriously removed from it. Epps’ photo was removed from the FBI poster of potential January 6 suspects..The Kangaroo court interviewed him and took his word that he was not an informant or was encouraging protesters to enter the Capitol. But a video of the riot says otherwise. The video shows him in a MAGA hat whispering to protesters . The protesters see through his costume and started chanting "Fed Fed Fed "
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2023, 07:52 AM
    The timeline also neglects to mention the role of FBI informant Ray Epps .
    Ridiculous. Just another conspiracy so loved by the far right when they have no truth based facts.

There is absolutely no evidence to indicate that Epps is a federal agent or that he was working with the government.

Ray Epps is a retired Marine with connections to a far-right anti-government militia group who traveled to Washington, D.C., to attend the "Stop the Steal" rally in support of Trump's false claim that the 2020 election had been stolen.

Epps is a Trump supporter and was listed as the president of the Arizona chapter of the Oath Keepers.

The claim that Epps is an undercover federal agent is based on the fact that Epps had not been arrested. The reason Epps wasn't arrested was not because he was working with the FBI, but because the FBI found he didn't commit a crime.

Below is an excellent neutral link explaining the whole story about Epps and why he became a conspiracy figure.

https://news.yahoo.com/everything-kn...09iEB9XXMNteZ1
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2023, 10:33 AM
    The Epps issue is a little complicated. It is true that there is no direct evidence connecting Epps to the FBI, and it could very well be true that he was just another right-wing demonstrator. However, the fact that he was identified early on and yet never arrested is somewhat strange. While he did not himself enter the Capitol, he was a major figure calling for others to do so. Add to that the fact that he has no interest in speaking with the press about the whole episode, and it appears strange. Remember that he was the head of Oath Keepers for several years, a position which would have been ideal for an FBI plant, and the circumstantial evidence becomes worth noting.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2023, 05:28 PM
    The committee interviewed him and asked him if he was a plant. He said no .. end of interview . The compliant press' brilliant take was that he would not have lied because he was under oath. He encourage people to enter the Capitol on Jan 5 and 6 . Then he slithered away .

Initially he was on the FBI list

Video shows Ray Epps at initial Capitol breach on Jan. 6 (washingtonpost.com)

The video of him Jan 6 shows him in a camouflage suit and MAGA hat encouraging people to break through the barriers . But yes he doesn't actually participate in the breach. That is why he was in the wanted list . Why was he later excluded when thousands were arrested ?
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2023, 05:42 PM
    The committee interviewed him and asked him if he was a plant. He said no .. end of interview
    FALSE

(deleted)

You were given the link that explained the entire situation (deleted).

https://news.yahoo.com/everything-kn...09iEB9XXMNteZ1

Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2023, 10:42 PM
    The committee interviewed him and asked him if he was a plant. He said no .. end of interview
    Sorry, Tomder, I got carried away (my reply #174). I erased the bad part.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2023, 03:20 AM
    Prisoners from the riot wrote a letter complaining that conditions are so bad in their detainment that they are requesting to be transferred to GITMO where prisoners are treated humanely .

The detainees list several issues. The conditions allegedly include no religious services or visitations, "black mold" and "worms" on the jail's walls and in food, abuse by guards, and vaccine requirements for visits and other services. They also say their clothing sent to laundry is returned covered in "brown stains, pubic hair and or reeking of ripe urine." And they say they've lost eyesight and hair because of "malnourishment.

Jan. 6 detainees request transfers to Guantanamo Bay over D.C. jail conditions : NPR

Jan6Gitmo - DocumentCloud
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2023, 03:33 AM
    Quick flashback to Epps inciting protesters to storm the Capitol building on Jan 5 . The protesters called him out for being a Fed.
    Ray Epps Shouted Down by Crowd as a Fed - Jan 5 Jan 6 - YouTube

I was called out here for suggesting that he was not a true MAGA Trump supporter .

The Slimes called such talk a conspiracy theory.

Jan. 6 Panel Seeks to Debunk Unfounded Theory About F.B.I. Role in Riot - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Epps told the Kangaroo court that the attack on the Capitol made him ill.

Pro-Trump protester Ray Epps told Jan. 6 committee 'crazy' conspiracy theories tore apart his life (nbcnews.com)

The Slimes called him a victim

How Ray Epps Became the Victim of a Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theory - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Epps is suing Fox News for the negative coverage.

Now get this ..... He says Fox News contributed to the DOJ suddenly pivoting and charging him after all.

The relentless attacks by Fox and Mr. Carlson and the resulting political pressure likely resulted in the criminal charges.
    Fox News sued by Trump supporter Ray Epps over Jan. 6 claims (cnbc.com)

full.pdf (nyt.com)

That's right He is now going to be charged 2 1/2 years later Meanwhile there are protesters still in jail uncharged .

So now the compliant press has to pivot. No longer is it an insurrection . It is just a riot. They all got the memo . This is headlines in the last couple of days .

Ray Epps Wants Jury to Decide if Government Used Him to Fuel Capitol Riot (newsweek.com)

Woman accused of attacking police during Capitol riot sentenced to six years in prison | The Hill

Capitol riot suspect arrested near Barack Obama's home indicted on firearms charges | AP News

Articles defending Epps by the compliant press refer to it as a protest ,demonstration ,or rally. Epps was a protester ;a Pro-Trump protester .

January 6 protester Ray Epps says he relives Capitol riot every day | 60 Minutes - CBS News

Donald Trump supporter Ray Epps sues Fox News for defamation - UPI.com

My theory is that the DOJ is charging him to take away the obvious appearance of bias against conservatives and Trump ;and their cover up of the Biden crime family. Once the heat is off ;they will quitely drop it . Epps lawsuit wll continue and will probably end in a settlement making him rich .
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2023, 03:10 PM
    All the charges today are BS If Trump is convicted then it will be overturned in the higher courts ,
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2023, 04:53 PM
    The political odor around this whole thing is troubling.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2023, 05:04 PM
    I'd like to see them try to prove that Trump did not believe the election was stolen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On January 1, a company issued 10%, 10-year bonds payable with a par value of $720,00 [ 1 Answers ]

On January 1, a company issued 10%, 10-year bonds payable with a par value of $720,000. The bonds pay interest on July 1 and January 1. The bonds were issued for $817,860 cash, which provided the holders an annual yield of 8%. Prepare the journal entry to record the first semiannual interest...

On January 1, 2011,zee Co issued ten-year bonds with a face value of $1,000,000 an [ 2 Answers ]

On January 1, 2011, Zee Co issued ten-year bonds with a face value of $1,000,000 and a stated interest rate of 10%, payable semiannually on June 30 and December 31. The bonds were sold to yield 12%. How much is the issue price of the bond?

Issued 3,000, 8%, 5-year, $1,000 bonds dated January 1, 2011, at face value [ 1 Answers ]

I need to record the journal entry for interest paid on July 1 and record interest paid on dec 31. I am stuck

View more questions Search