Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2022, 04:31 AM
    Lies Damn Lies and covid statistics
    Mark Twain famously wrote "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Proof positive of stats being manipulated comes right from the horse's A$$ mouth ;Herr Doctor Fauci .

But the other important thing is that if you look at the children who are hospitalized, many of them are hospitalized with COVID as opposed to or because of COVID. And what we mean by that — if a child goes in the hospital, they automatically get tested for COVID. And they get counted as a COVID-hospitalized individual. When in fact, they may go in for a broken leg or appendicitis or something like that. So, it's overcounting the number of children who are, quote, hospitalized with COVID, as opposed to because of COVID.
    Fauci Flip-Flop: “Doesn’t Make Any Sense” to NOT Vaccinate Kids - YouTube

In NY ,Nanny Hochul has been using such tactics to scare parents into getting children vaccinated .
    Kids and Omicron: COVID Hospitalizations Soar Among NY Children – NBC New York

As NBC notes hospitalizations nationwide likely include asymptomatic children brought to the hospital for reasons other than infection with the virus.Hospital patients are counted as covid hospitalizations even if they were not originally admitted to the hospital for that reason so long as they are suspected of having the disease or display a laboratory-confirmed positive for the disease.

Child Covid hospitalizations are up, especially in 5 states (nbcnews.com)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 10:19 AM
    That's like what we went through in the beginning -- "He died of covid" (even though it was really a stroke that killed him; covid was just enjoying the ride). And thus, a covid death was recorded.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2022, 03:36 AM
    The intent is to gin up fear so the government can continue the control they have inherited because people surrender liberty for safety.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2022, 05:49 AM
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2022, 11:43 AM
    I suppose you have the right to have a beach picnic during a hurricane. Don't be mad if the guests you invited don't show up though.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2022, 01:44 PM
    of course the vast overwhelming majority of the people know how to assess the risks of going to the beach during a hurricane .Here in South Carolina there are no mandates and still people are getting vaxed. Here there are no mask mandates but as the threats increase I see more and more people wearing them without the big nanny telling them to do so.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2022, 01:59 PM
    According to my sister who is retired in SC, the preventive word is ivermectin.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2022, 03:46 PM
    Thank you

The biggest problem is that doctors prescribe but pharmacists will not necessarily fill it . Duke U is conducting clinical trials open to all South Carolinians. So maybe some real data will confirm what antidotal evidence has shown for a long time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2022, 04:07 AM
    We have vaccines to mitigate the worst of this virus even as we experience another spike in cases. Why you would believe anecdotes over clinical verification is as beyond me as a beach bbq during a hurricane. If Fox News can require vaccinations and testing as a condition of employment why can't everybody?
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2022, 02:13 PM
    So the FDA was sued by doctors over the interference in their discretionary treatment of patients with Ivermectin .

As you know the FDA directed physicians to not prescribe the drug for covid patients . They posted on the FDA web site
    Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19,
    Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

Seems pretty clear to me . It says

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals.

On their Twitter page they posted
    U.S. FDA on Twitter: "You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it. https://t.co/TWb75xYEY4" / Twitter

On another post they said
    “Hold your horses, y’all. Ivermectin may be trending, but it still isn’t authorized or approved to treat COVID-19.”

U.S. FDA on Twitter: "Hold your horses, y'all. Ivermectin may be trending, but it still isn't authorized or approved to treat COVID-19. https://t.co/TWb75xYEY4" / Twitter

So what happened in court ?

FDA lawyers argued that “The cited statements were not directives. They were not mandatory. They were recommendations

More lies and damn lies .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2022, 02:16 PM
    “The cited statements were not directives. They were not mandatory. They were recommendations."
    Technical term for that is CYA. It's just the usual tactic of the feds to avoid responsibility at all costs.

Gas prices going up? "It's the Russkies!" The motto at one time was, "The buck stops here." Now it has become, "Don't talk to us about bucks. They're not worth anything anyway."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband lies to avoid conflict: he lies about who text him, and messaged him. [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for only four months. We have a seven month old daughter and are both still in school. He has always been the type to have many friends that are girls. Once we got married these women still continued to talk to him constantly. One of which text him on his birthday...

What To Do About The Lies [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 14 years and never in that time had I ever looked at his cellphone or the numbers on the bill. I woke up one day and something told me to check. I did and found he had other women in his contact list. He had been a manager at an automotive retail store and...

Why does he always lie to me ? He lies about everything [ 20 Answers ]

I just don't know where to start, il try and get the most important bits out. I went out with my ex boyfriend for a couple of months before he said that he couldn't give me the 100% that I deserved and that he still loved me etc etc. His friends warned me at the beginning of the relationship that...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Lies and The End? [ 42 Answers ]

Hello. Happy Holidays to all. I found out that my ex is in another relationship. She said that she didn't want a relationship with anyone when she left me, but I didn't believe her. I guess I was right. She probably said this because she "didn't want to hurt me". Fission Mailed. I'm not as...

View more questions Search