Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 06:24 AM
    AOC on another rampage
    The always well-reasoned and thoughtful AOC, after being caught eating maskless on vacation with her boyfriend, gave this scholarly observation.

"If Republicans are mad they can't date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend's feet," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response. "Ya creepy weirdos."
    "It's starting to get old ignoring the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women, & LGBT+ people in general," she added. "These people clearly need therapy, won't do it, and use politics as their outlet instead. It's really weird."
    Yep, we can all rest easy knowing that people like her are running the ole country.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 10:10 AM
    Do you eat while wearing your mask, JL? Bet you've lost a ton of weight! And yes, my fellow Republicans are fixated. We need to resurrect Freud.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 10:49 AM
    I thought it was her response that was strange. "AOC was not wearing a mask." Her reply was on the order of, "Oh yeah, well just take a look at the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women, & LGBT+ people in general!!" It was just a strange response. And to think they're all mad because they can't date her? Talk about a self-centered narcissist. Wow.

I think your comment about, "my frllow Republicans" was perhaps a Freudian slip? An appeal to Freud goes astray over a spelling error. Hmmm.

You do realize that Freud and his ideas are largely discredited?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I thought it was her response that was strange. "AOC was not wearing a mask." Her reply was on the order of, "Oh yeah, well just take a look at the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women, & LGBT+ people in general!!" It was just a strange response. And to think they're all mad because they can't date her? Talk about a self-centered narcissist. Wow.
    Yep, time to call...hmm...Carl Jung or maybe Carl Rogers? I'll pick up your tab.
    I think your comment about, "my frllow Republicans" was perhaps a Freudian slip? An appeal to Freud goes astray over a spelling error. Hmmm.
    I'm a bit busy messaging with someone who's talking suicide. I have now corrected that typo.
    You do realize that Freud and his ideas are largely discredited?
    He's still a big deal in the world of psychology. I've used several of his counseling techniques.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 11:55 AM
    Like I said, he is largely discredited. "In subsequent years, Freud’s theories — on everything from homosexuality to gender to human development — have largely been discredited by psychologists. As Psychological Science wrote, '[T]here is literally nothing to be said, scientifically or therapeutically, to the advantage of the entire Freudian system or any of its component dogmas.'"

"...it is the case that Freud’s developmental theory has been widely dismissed among psychologists, since there is no proof that the id, ego, or superego exists, or any evidence that affirms that humans develop through oral, anal, phallic, and genital stages."

https://allthatsinteresting.com/sigm...eud-psychology
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 11:59 AM
    AOC's response is a lot more understandable than MTG hollering about a right wing divorce, and people moving from Cali, and NY to Fla. not being able to vote during a cooling off period. Don't get more loony than that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 12:14 PM
    "...it is the case that Freud’s developmental theory has been widely dismissed among psychologists, since there is no proof that the id, ego, or superego exists, or any evidence that affirms that humans develop through oral, anal, phallic, and genital stages."
    Maybe someday if you have children, you'll understand and agree with Freud. I certainly do. Of course, one has to understand exactly what he was saying, not fall into some popular mishmash of his ideas. Some of his thinking, by the way, goes along with Biblical teachings.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 01:32 PM
    I’ve had three children. Freud has been discredited except, of course, in your opinion. I’ll stick with the article I linked, otherwise known as documentation.

I imagine Hitler had a few views that coincided with the Bible as did Stalin. They were madmen. Freud was a deceived atheist.

I have no idea what you’re talking about concerning Florida voting. If it was up to me, I’d confine all Californians to that state until they sorted out the outrageous mess they caused. Perhaps they would learn something…perhaps.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 01:36 PM
    I’ve had three children. Freud has been discredited except, of course, in your opinion. I’ll stick with the article I linked, otherwise known as documentation.
    And you have referred to and mentioned tidbits of Freud's psychological terminology many times over the years.
    I imagine Hitler a few views that coincided with the Bible as did Stalin. They were madmen. Freud was a deceived atheist.
    And you're not curious?
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 02:53 PM
    As the old saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day. At any rate, I doubt I've made much reference to Freud. I'm not big on most psychiatry. I've never it seen it accomplish much.

Curious about what? Freud? I'm familiar with Freud. Not wildly familiar, but familiar enough to know that he is no longer taken seriously.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 03:19 PM
    You ever refer to ego? Believe we each have one?
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 04:13 PM
    'Ego" in the sense of personal pride and self importance (Which is how I and nearly everyone else uses it.) and "ego" in the sense Freud used it are not the same.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 04:16 PM
    Tell me. How did Freud use it?
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 04:25 PM
    I thought you said you knew about Freud? Sure doesn't sound that way.

Which one of the three is Freud's concept of "ego"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 04:44 PM
    You're the one claiming the over-the-top knowledge of Freud. I want to know all the inaccuracies you believe and misunderstandings you have.

And you use CARTOONS as proof of your superior knowledge?
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 04:57 PM
    Your lack of answers is an indication of something. Wonder what? Oh well, just to satisfy you, Freud's concept of the ego is that part of the nonconscious self that exercises judgment and makes decisions, having to balance the demands of the indulgent Id and the super moral Super Ego.

Did you learn something? I hope so. Perhaps you will reply by telling all of us how you know all about Freud and that my understanding is completely wrong. Just beware that I can document my views.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 05:08 PM
    You copied that, didn't you.

I spent three years in grad school learning about Freud et. al.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 05:46 PM
    Copied? Nope. But I'm honored that you felt my answer sounded scholarly enough to be in an article that could be copied. Wow!! Now did I just cook it up off the top of my head? No. I did a little research, but I knew already that Freud's use of "ego" did not match yours.

I'm glad you went to grad school. I'm not glad you misused "ego" in post 11.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2022, 05:58 PM
    someone needs a shrink All Out Crazy believes that Republicans actually want to listen to her blathering for hours on end. She thinks someone who disagrees with her wants to get in her pants .

Maybe she can apologize for attacking Ron DeSantis for being MIA when in fact he travelled with his wife while his wife got cancer treatment .
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 06:11 PM
    It really is bizarre that any criticism of her becomes, in her view, a display of sexual interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Youth on the rampage [ 138 Answers ]

https://www.news.com.au/national/western-australia/smyl-college-rockingham-students-attack-tradies-in-wild-rampage/news-story/5ba7c0ee73bd892b940bc6e00856f09b so what is to be done with youth who simply don't play by the rules. All too often such events are staged so it can be filmed, uploaded...

California Cop on Murder Rampage. [ 106 Answers ]

So when are the lefties going to be calling for Banning Police as a result of this lunatics actions? After All cop kills people... therefore we need to ban cops... like their recent foaming at the mouth fever to ban guns because some lunatic shot some kids. ... Transcript RAY SUAREZ:...

View more questions Search