Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 05:58 AM
    EPA's delusions
    The EPA has set gas milage standards of 55 mpg average for 2026 new vehicle fleets . It is an impossible standard and they know it . Well there is a way and the auto world and the Clueless administration and the All Out Crazy green new dealers know how. American auto makers would be compelled to produce almost 20% of new cars as EVs . The real purpose is to force Americans to change their driving habits by regulatory fiat .

The automakers know that this is an impossible standard to achieve so they are calling on the swamp to create more subsidies. Currently EVs sell retail for over $50,000 . This will only put more strain on the supply chain for batteries . Lithium prices have skyrocketed 240% alone this year before this mandate was established . EVs average milage is slightly over 200 miles per/charge (and much less in the extreme cold of northern US ) and the quickest and most expensive recharging of the batteries takes 15 minutes + even if you can find a charging station that has a quick charger. AND batteries charged with a fast charger have a shorter life span.

Who would be the hardest impacted ? You got it ,the poor and middle class commuters who's basic transportation costs would also skyrocket . The unintended effect would be people would drive their old gas vehicles longer greatly negating the effects that the dictates are designed for .It will be another command economy failure .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2021, 01:24 PM
    Initial investment in new technology is costly but doable. You saying we SHOULDN'T do it? Okay buy your new electric cars from Xi.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 01:59 PM
    I am saying that if the market demanded it then there would be no need for subsidies and phony regulatory dictates.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 06:12 AM
    BMW, Ford, Honda, Volkswagen and Volvo said in a statement in August ;
    “We support the Administration’s goal of reaching an electric vehicle future,” But “bold action from our partners in the federal government is crucial to build consumer demand for electric vehicles.”
    Ford, GM and Stellantis (the former Fiat Chrysler) also applauded the proposal in August with the caveat that they will need a “full suite” of EV subsidies. In other words demand has to be artificially created by the government . How communist of them to support a command economy.

So as long as the taxpayers ,most of whom will not be purchasing these expensive cars ,pony up their tax $$ to help the rich make the purchases ,then the automakers are all on board. Rent seeking 101 They just want some of those green ice cream gimmes too. In return for getting in bed with the swamp ,they feed the leviathan and keep the gravy train going.

Now Build Brandon Better is chock full of subsidies for EVs . I think maybe the timing of the EPA's announcement came just as Sen Manchin put a stop to the ill-advised legislation . The intent is to put max pressure on him in the new year to change his vote.
    When and if the technology makes EVs competitive then consumers will switch . Nudging by the government at taxpayer's expense will not make the transition happen any quicker .

As for me ;when EV's can travel 300 miles between charges ,and can be charged up in 5 minutes , and costs in the $30 thousand range then get back to me.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 06:07 AM
    lol when the temperature drops ,climate alarmists take a vacation from their scare mongering rhetoric and polices .

Final FERC Energy Prices Letter_BowmanMarkeySchakowsky_01052022 (house.gov)

Ed Markey ,the blond haired blue eyed native American , Bolshevik Bernie and Rep. Pramila Jayapal, the head of the House progressive caucus, Rashida Tlaib,the toad Jerry Nadler .....hypocrites all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:42 PM
    Clueless toured the Colorado wild fires and this was his words of comfort for those who lost their home to the fire... 'were going to build big windmills ;

Biden After Touring Wildfire Damage in Colorado that Destroyed More than 1,000 Homes: ‘We’re Gonna Have Windmills’ - AIR.TV

Windmill blades the length of football fields will solve all our problems. Come on man!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:55 PM
    So I have to pay for my car AND help pay for someone else's car as well. Wonderful.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2022, 06:19 AM
    The planet is not burning . At least in California wild fires are down 85% . 362,403 acres burned this year in California versus 2.6 million in 2021 and a 2.2 million average the last five years.

Stats & Events (ca.gov)

Now if it had been a bad year ,the climate alarmists would be pointing to that as an example how climate change is burning the earth.
    But since it was a mild year ;Guv Newsom is on hand to take the credit

Governor Newsom and CAL FIRE Announce the End of Peak Wildfire Season for Most of California | California Governor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delusions tangent to religion q below [ 26 Answers ]

If religion is a delusion then it should be recodnized as one and treated All delusions are harmfull in some whay Delusions even bening ones prevent a person from the truth From learning and evolving I don't know what the point of life is but I doubt it is to live in your own personal delusion

View more questions Search