Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2022, 06:39 AM
    “A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money." (Attributed to Senator Everett Dirksen )
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 12:02 PM
    If you see money as a tool and not a goal then you can apply as needed to get the job done.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2022, 01:37 PM
    Try unlimited borrowing in your personal life and see where it gets you. Try it with your state. Or just hang around a bit longer in our country and see what happens. Fantasies don’t work well in the real world.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 12:42 PM
    Dems don't mind paying for stuff...repubs...never.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2022, 12:43 PM
    Dems don't mind paying for stuff
    You mean like Obama and Biden have done?
    Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 12:45 PM
    Yep, except repubs always say no.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2022, 01:36 PM
    I'll say it again. There is no tax plan anywhere under discussion that will even come close to bringing a balanced budget, and there has been no such plan for probably twenty years. It's a hopeless situation of overspending which we American voters are too stupid and lazy to put a stop to. It is on both parties. To say the dems are willing to "pay for stuff" is just bizarre. There is no history at all to back that up. The last balanced budgets we had occurred with a dem pres and a repub Congress, and the repub Congress, led by Gingrich, was largely responsible.
    Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 02:49 PM
    Forget the balanced budget, that didn't last very long after Bush came along. You'll never even control the debt or deficit without a plan of tax policy, investments and growth over TIME, combined with appropriate cuts that are fair, balanced and efficient. Current partisan bickering doesn't even make it possible for anything but conflict.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2022, 03:00 PM
    It didn’t last because we have become a lazy, dull-minded, self-indulgent people. We want our toys, repubs and dems alike.
    Expert

Jan 4, 2022, 07:14 AM
    What toys are you referring too?
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2022, 05:44 PM
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2022, 06:21 PM
    Toys? COVID checks. Welfare checks. Earned income credits. Fat defense contracts. Taxes lower than they should be. Medicaid.
    Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Toys? COVID checks. Welfare checks. Earned income credits. Fat defense contracts. Taxes lower than they should be. Medicaid.
    2 for 6 agreements as to luxury, but 4 are clearly a necessity for far to many given condition not of their making.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 09:31 AM
    7 percent inflation rate in December. Go figure. Maybe the irresponsible printing of money is not such a good idea?

Thank you Pres Biden.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 09:48 AM
    Read the build back better bills. Both versions deal with inflation and are paid for.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 01:08 PM
    They are not paid for. That’s the whole problem. The deficit grows ever larger.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:26 PM
    Joe Manchin called out the Dems lie about Build Brandon Better being paid for . It is budget trickery .
    “The American people deserve transparency on the true cost of the Build Back Better Act. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office determined the cost is upwards of $4.5 trillion which is more than double what the bill’s ardent supporters have claimed. They continue to camouflage the real cost of the intent behind this bill.
    Manchin Statement On Build Back Better Act | U.S. Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia (senate.gov)
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 03:35 PM
    Which means it will in fact cost much more than 4.5 trillion.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Which means it will in fact cost much more than 4.5 trillion.
    Guess how it'll be paid for.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2022, 04:07 PM
    Borrowed/printed money. It cannot possibly be paid for with tax revenues when the feds are already running a deficit of over a trillion dollars a year. It is completely hopeless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to go red over previously bleeched hair! [ 1 Answers ]

So, I used to have brown hair with bleeched panels (randomly and about inche in width) I decided I wanted to get rid of the blonde and it was starting to look quiet tacky and wanted to go all one colour and had my heart set on a deep red, so I go to my hairdresser which I have been using for the...

Finally the unthinkable has happened [ 13 Answers ]

I alredy have had talked to a close friend, she's been helping me out a lot (im a guy 19 yrs old). Im not very strong right now to type what really happened during my brake up over the weekend. So I am just going to pretty much summarize it. We dated for about 3 years, and she's 17, turning 18 next...

I have done the unthinkable [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. This is the first time I have used this website. In fact for the last 5 hours or so I have been Googleing looking for an answer to my problem. I will make this as short as possible but any help would be appreciated. My girlfriend and I have been dating for just over 4 years. We...

Collection of a Previously Discharged Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to collect on a debt that was legally discharged in a bankruptcy 12 years ago?

Changing Previously filed tax forms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everybody Does anyone know if IRS forms that I had filed previously can be modified? Here's my situation, I got married in November 2005. For that year I filed 1040 NR-EZ as a single. In 2006, I filed as a married filing jointly and used form 1040 EZ. I recently realized that I should...

View more questions Search