Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2022, 04:47 AM
    Thank you, Mr. Biden. But to be fair, he's doing great on inflation and reining in fed spending. [SARC]
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 04:57 AM
    Yeah I saw them brag that inflation last month wasn't as bad as November .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Yeah I saw them brag that inflation last month wasn't as bad as November .
    That happens to be true.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 06:01 AM
    Don't worry about inflation . Inflation is now good according to the compliant press .

But on the whole, inflation can actually be a good thing for many working-class Americans — especially those with fixed-rate debt like a 30-year mortgage. That's because wages are going up, which not only empowers workers but also gives them more money to pay down debt. Plus, in the case of a mortgage, your monthly payment will be the same but your house will increase in value.
    And many of the people taking a bath when prices rise are higher-net-worth people who hold the vast majority of government bonds.

The trouble is, you're not going to feel the upside immediately.

Brings back memories

Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: Jimmy Carter on Inflation Cold Open - NBC.com

Why inflation can actually be good for everyday Americans and bad for rich people - CNN
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Don't worry about inflation . Inflation is now good according to the compliant press .
    And according to economists depending on the circumstances. And depending on the rate. A certain moderate rate can be good.

SNL has often put on brilliant social commentary skits.

Your "compliant press" is a misnomer. Just a piece of bias since it tells the truth which is increasingly going against the republican idea of government. The press is one of the most powerful shields we have against a bad government.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 12:51 PM
    moderate rate

not the highest rate in over 40 years .
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2022, 01:37 PM
    I have noticed one thing held in common by both the hard core Trump and Biden supporters. They cannot bring themselves to say a negative word about their pres. So the highest inflation rate in 40 years can be dismissed as merely being moderate.

I suspect we ain't seen nothin yet. It could get into the "high-moderate" range before much longer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 07:17 PM
    Inflation can be managed. Not like it was a surprise to anybody.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2022, 07:57 PM
    At the highest in forty years, is it being managed now?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2022, 07:52 AM
    A predictable spike and yes will be managed like the last spike. Don't panic. At least the dufus ain't in the WH no more.
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2022, 07:58 AM
    Average inflation with Trump was considerably below what we have now as was unemployment. I thought you like management?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to go red over previously bleeched hair! [ 1 Answers ]

So, I used to have brown hair with bleeched panels (randomly and about inche in width) I decided I wanted to get rid of the blonde and it was starting to look quiet tacky and wanted to go all one colour and had my heart set on a deep red, so I go to my hairdresser which I have been using for the...

Finally the unthinkable has happened [ 13 Answers ]

I alredy have had talked to a close friend, she's been helping me out a lot (im a guy 19 yrs old). Im not very strong right now to type what really happened during my brake up over the weekend. So I am just going to pretty much summarize it. We dated for about 3 years, and she's 17, turning 18 next...

I have done the unthinkable [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. This is the first time I have used this website. In fact for the last 5 hours or so I have been Googleing looking for an answer to my problem. I will make this as short as possible but any help would be appreciated. My girlfriend and I have been dating for just over 4 years. We...

Collection of a Previously Discharged Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to collect on a debt that was legally discharged in a bankruptcy 12 years ago?

Changing Previously filed tax forms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everybody Does anyone know if IRS forms that I had filed previously can be modified? Here's my situation, I got married in November 2005. For that year I filed 1040 NR-EZ as a single. In 2006, I filed as a married filing jointly and used form 1040 EZ. I recently realized that I should...

View more questions Search