Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2021, 06:55 AM
    Filibuster "exception "
    So, what do you do if you want to pass a bill in the Senate but you can't unless you have the votes to end the filibuster BUT you don't want the other party to be able to pass a bill without the filibuster?

"If the only thing standing between getting voting rights legislation passed and not getting passed is the filibuster, I support making the exception of voting rights for the filibuster." (aka HR1)
    “Biden says he supports filibuster carve-out for voting rights” | Election Law Blog

Just teeny tiny one time exception to completely change the way America votes .

That's like saying 'I just want to remove this tiny keystone from this arch .' Once you remove it ,the arch collapses .You cannot bring it back.

The Schmuckster agrees .He wants to make this one time exception. But he wanted this one time exception to pass Build Brandon Better .

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...d-df9efdef0000

And so it goes . Once the genie is out of the bottle there are endless possible one time exceptions making the Senate rule null.

When the Repubs get in that one time exception could be for national voter id ; national restrictions on mail in voting ,or perhaps a national conceal and carry law or maybe national right to work rules .The Dems union based would love that ! The Dems wouldn't cry foul because the new standard of having carved out exceptions will be applied <sarc> .

Yertl said in March “The pendulum would swing both ways, and it would swing hard.”

This is what he means . Harry Reid broke filibuster with an exception to confirm justices the emperor wanted confirmed to the Appeals Courts . So Yertl countered with an exception for confirming SCOTUS justices .

Clueless and Schmucky should keep that in mind .
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2022, 03:38 AM
    Now the Dems want to nuke the filibuster to pass their unconstitutional changes to voting . So a one time carve out is not their plan .

"The ideologues in the Senate want to turn what the Founding Fathers called the cooling saucer of democracy into the rubber stamp of dictatorship," "They believe if you get 51% of the vote, there should be one-party rule ... They want to make this country into a banana republic where if you don't get your way, you change the rules. It'll be doomsday for democracy if we do."

Schmucky Shumer 2005
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 02:37 PM
    Wonder how they reached the budget agreement to keep government open and pay the bills? How was the debt ceiling raised?
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 02:48 PM
    they react for fear mongering related to a crisis if the government shuts down A fear I don't have
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2022, 02:57 PM
    They know the American public has become so accustomed to deficit spending that we will not complain. We are silent sheep, as it turns out.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 04:17 PM
    The short answer is that the Repubs spaghetti spined Senators caved and passed an "exception " to the filibuster rules .
    Sniveling cowards !
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2022, 04:44 PM
    "Sniveling cowards!" Apt description. True of all of them really.
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 07:07 PM
    Synema just nixed any rule changes to the fillibuster. Bummer!
    Expert

Jan 14, 2022, 06:34 AM
    And you though blue dogs were extinct.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2022, 08:41 AM
    and I thought that there was another way a RINO could be nominated by Trump and yet here we are

The vote in the health care vaccine case, Biden v. Missouri, was 5-4. Two conservative justices—Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Brett M. Kavanaugh—joined with the court’s three liberal justices to form the majority.
    Roberts, Kavanaugh votes key as SCOTUS upholds vaccine mandate for health workers but not for others (abajournal.com)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:WINDOWSsystem32gzmrotate.dll"DllVerif [ 1 Answers ]

HI.. this things happen to me just last week. When I start up my laptop, an error message appear - (An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:\WINDOWS\system32\gzmrotate.dll"DllVerify") What is this and I can't ger rip of it!. Please help me!

View more questions Search