walk on the wild side
    Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
    Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way
    Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    She says, "Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side"
    Said, "Hey honey, take a walk on the wild side" (
    Lou Reed 'Walk on the Wild Side')

A transformer at the University of Pennsylvania who competed as a man until his senior year decided that he was a she. He then proceeded to dominate at the Zippy Invitational woman's swimming Event in Akron, Ohio ;smashing 2 woman's swimming records ;and one event record in the process. His wins qualifies him to compete in the women's national championships in March.

Over the course of the season he has smashed U Penn records .

Parents of women he competed against are understandably outraged . Thier daughters worked their a$$ off for years to be able to compete at that level .How is this possibly fair ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2021, 05:12 AM
    His kind of case is going to prove to be an interesting point of conflict between two beloved liberal causes. On the one hand you have the TG crowd, and on the other hand will be the feminists.

It's just a sign of the general dullness of our times that a person can walk around with male sex organs and XY sex chromosomes and yet compete in women's athletics for no more legitimate reason than he claims to be a woman. Romans chapter one explains it all.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2021, 05:51 AM
    Maybe in the woke intersectionality world where more and more oppressions are identified, there is such a thing as too inclusive? It becomes an insane self-cannibalizing circular firing squad that a casual observer could find fun to watch if it did not impact American society so much. For the woke progressive the dilemma is which oppressed group to support and /or identify with.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2021, 05:55 AM
    I have some sympathy for the woke crowd. It can be a good thing to stand up for justice and fairness. Their problem is that they are far too often standing against free speech and statues. Their non-thinking brand of social awareness is what makes them objectionable.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2021, 12:21 PM
    South Dakota governor Kristi Noem has announced a bill that would restrict participation in female sports to biological women at the collegiate and grade school levels.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2021, 04:36 AM
    This article about the cancelling of JK Rowling speaks for itself .

She who shall not be named - spiked (spiked-online.com)
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2021, 02:46 PM
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 10:26 AM
    Why does the feminist movement put up with the misogyny of the LGBTXYZ woke movement ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Why does the feminist movement put up with the misogyny of the LGBTXYZ woke movement ?
    There is no such thing.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 02:16 PM
    Feminist movement ? Yes evidently since the new movement debases womanhood and extended it's benefits to anyone biologically male or female who claims to be a woman. Being female isn’t a biological fact but an identity that anyone can be. It gives men permission to say to women: We can be women, too. It is a form of female erasure.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 02:30 PM
    Feminist movement ? Yes evidently since the new movement debases womanhood and extended it's benefits to anyone biologically male or female who claims to be a woman. Being female isn’t a biological fact but an identity that anyone can be. It gives men permission to say to women: We can be women, too. It is a form of female erasure.
    You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. There's no "claiming to be a woman". It isn't "an identity anyone can be." Study the science!
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 02:58 PM
    Biological differences between the sexes are real. Those differences make it possible for us to exist. That is the science ,
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 03:16 PM
    Biological differences between the sexes are real. Those differences make it possible for us to exist. That is the science ,
    There are MANY biological differences! What you see on the outside isn't necessarily the real gender.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 03:29 PM
    so I'll put you down as a Judith Butler feminist who argues that biological differences are a binary construct of oppression . Gender is to be chosen . That by not recognizing biological realities, “the culturally constructed body will then be liberated, neither to its ‘natural’ past, nor to its original pleasures, but to an open future of cultural possibilities.”
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 03:32 PM
    lol so I'll put you down as a Judith Butler feminist who argues that biological differences are a binary construct of oppression . Gender is to be chosen .
    One does NOT choose gender!!! Haven't you ever taken biology in school? Good grief!
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 03:40 PM
    That is what you support in buying into these transformers saying like Simone de Beauvoir that “one is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.” ('The Second Sex').

Butler says that anyone who argued for sex-based rights ,and exclusive spaces such as women’s prisons, rape crisis centers,is a fascist. In other words all the advances that women have made are wiped out by the notion that anyone who choses to identify as a woman is one .
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2022, 03:40 PM
    How strange it is for a person to say, "There are MANY biological differences! What you see on the outside isn't necessarily the real gender," and then suggest to someone else to, "Study the science." That after making a statement for which there is no support in science.

The difference between men and women, which is true from the moment of conception, is whether the person has XX or XY sex chromosomes. The men are born with male sex organs, and the women with female sex organs. All of that is unarguably true. And yet somehow we are to, "Study the science." It is just such a strange suggestion. It's similar to a person saying 4 plus 4 equals 8, and then being told he needs to, "Study the math."

Strange.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 04:49 PM
    "The men are born with male sex organs, and the women with female sex organs" -- that's the part you can see. And XX and XY are not the only combinations.
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2022, 05:12 PM
    They essentially are. The few exception are rightly seen as genetic abnormalities, and they certainly have nothing to do with TG.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2022, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    They essentially are. The few exception are rightly seen as genetic abnormalities, and they certainly have nothing to do with TG.
    Of course they do. Even indigenous peoples have recognized those they call Two-Spirit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walk on the wild side [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a version of Walk on the Wild Side that I saw on MTV or Rage in the 80s. It was a white guy and he sang it like it was a pop song, and drew out the notes... heeeeeeey baaaaaabe (then quite fast) take a walk on the wild side, not the way Lou Reed and many other cover versions are...

Why does the side of my foot hurt when I walk [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so my foot has been hurting for awhile.The pain is on the side of my foot, under the big bone of my big toe. If that makes sense? I think its called the sesamoid bone. It hurts really bad and its not going away because I am consantly on my feet all day at work and school. Please help me!

Going to a more wild side [ 0 Answers ]

Hey ladies I would like to know what you do to spice up your love life when it comes to the bedroom, I am very kinky and love doing anything new, somehow I feel as if its not enough, my husband loves it the way it is, but still somehow I feel like I am missing out on doing something spectacular,...

On the side walk bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

What was the main idea the author is trying to convey about the topic

View more questions Search