Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 04:59 AM
    Musk v Warren
    Elon Musk was named Slime Man of the Year . I think it is a well deserved award that means nothing . Half the time Slime picks a despicable person based on the impact the person has . But in this case Elon Musk was a positive impactful person .

The blond haired blue eyed native American Senator had some snarky things to say about the selection on social media.
    “Let’s change the rigged tax code so The Person of the Year will actually pay taxes and stop freeloading off everyone else”

She is referencing to some illegally published tax returns that suggest Musk paid almost no Federal Income Tax . The article references the percent of taxes paid by the mostly Democrat supporting billionaires .

The Secret IRS Files: Trove of Never-Before-Seen Records Reveal How the Wealthiest Avoid Income Tax — ProPublica

But as most thinking people realize ; his wealth does not come from traditional reported income and that in fact he pays what most of us would consider a fortune in taxes . He does not take either salary or bonus' from any of his businessesHis wealth comes from stock awards and gains in Tesla’s share price. Musk will pay $15 billion in taxes this year .To pay for it he has been selling off Tesla shares .Combined, his state and federal tax rate will be 54.1%.

It is comical that a career pol who sponges off the $$ of the taxpayer would accuse a job creator of being a freeloader

Musk is not the type of person who will passively accept such a frontal assault . So he replied ;“If you opened your eyes for 2 seconds, you would realize I will pay more taxes than any American in history this year,” “Don’t spend it all at once … oh wait you did already.”

BAM!!!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2021, 03:54 PM
    and stop freeloading off everyone else”
    You mean like the welfare class that the liberal dems exploit routinely does?

Musk will pay $15 billion in taxes this year .To pay for it he has been selling off Tesla shares .Combined, his state and federal tax rate will be 54.1%.
    Any person having to pay over half of his/her income is being robbed by the pols.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2021, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Any person having to pay over half of his/her income is being robbed by the pols.
    What should he use that money for instead?
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 05:01 PM
    That would be entirely his business. As it is ; 70,000 people are employed by him at Tesla and 9,500 employees are working at SpaceX . That alone is a great service to the country .

Not that it is anyone else's business, but he has signed the 'Giving Pledge ' to eventually give away to charity half his wealth . He does not live an extravagant life full of material possessions. Instead his innovations has made a positive impact on the world .
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2021, 06:55 PM
    It's his money so it's his business. No one else's. It's really strikes me as being such a strange question. "What should he use that money for instead?" In the free country which we purport to be, how unusual that anyone would think that a perceived excess of income is justification for the government taking it since, after all, we cannot conceive what that person would use the money for. Personal property should be just that...personal.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2021, 07:31 PM
    It's his money so it's his business. No one else's.
    Then why are you making such an issue of it? Since there's so much angst on this thread, I figured the posters have a game plan for him.
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2021, 07:33 PM
    You asked a question. You received an answer.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2021, 07:41 PM
    You asked a question. You received an answer.
    And I was hammered for asking.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 07:56 PM
    I figured the posters have a game plan for him.
    He is doing very well with his own plan. Innovations in EVs and the batteries that power them
    Privatization of space and reusable rockets to economically travel to space.
    Starlink satellites to help the remote places to link to the world wide net .
    Paypal formerly Xcom revolutionized internet commerce.
    Musk wrote the code that allowed the net ;linking of maps and businesses . called Zip2 City Guides .

His SolarCitycorp is reducing the cost of solar energy to households .

While the lefties talk a good game about green technology ,Musk has done something about it .

And that is what he has already done . In the pipework is Neuralink implants creating a link between human brains and computers to communicate with brain cells and help improve neurological functions .

New tunneling systems to create the next generation of subway travel.

Hyperloop transportation systems . High speed rail is ancient technology compared to this ground travel system that can go 600 mph.

Musk contributes to humanity with his fortune even before you consider his charitable contributions ;which are many;and the money that the takers of the world like Warren would plunder . It is comical to suggest that the government knows better what to do with his money .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2021, 08:03 PM
    And no matter which party is at the controls, I hope it respects Musk for his achievements and leaves his fortune alone for him to spend as he deems appropriate.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2021, 05:45 AM
    And I was hammered for asking.
    Instead of complaining about being hammered, why not simply respond to the points raised? You seem to me to be an intelligent woman and I'm sure you can do so.

There is, obviously, a place for taxation. What we have now, however, is a fed gov that is out of control and spending money, not like a drunken sailor, but like a boatload of drunken sailors. We are in debt up to our eyeballs and in the initial stages of a surge in inflation caused largely by the irresponsible injection of Monopoly dollars into the economy. No matter which party a person supports, it's time to sober up and act like adults...sober adults.

Fed spending was about 170 bil in 1970, a mere fifty or so years ago. It has increased 2,000% since that time.

http://www.polidiotic.com/by-the-num...ficit-by-year/
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2021, 03:24 AM
    The blond haired blue eyed native American Senator saw that her attacks on Musk were going nowhere . So she did a pivot and is now attacking Big Grocery for rising prices of food .

Elizabeth Warren on Twitter: "Giant grocery store chains force high food prices onto American families while rewarding executives & investors with lavish bonuses and stock buybacks. I'm demanding they answer for putting corporate profits over consumers and workers during the pandemic. https://t.co/NvY2MKKJNP" / Twitter

I have to tell you .Following her's and All Out Crazy's Twitter feeds is worth the price of admission.

I suppose the small independent grocers have not increased their prices then ? If it was just a matter of the big chains being greedy then it would be easy to open up a corner store and completely undercut their prices .

The truth is that the grocery industry is very competitive and no store chain could raise prices without justification and expect to hold their market share .
    What happened to their greed a few years ago when prices at the stores were plunging ?
    Grocery Prices Have Been Falling. Did You Notice? : The Salt : NPR

So many industries in the conspiracy in her mind . Big oil ,big cars ,big semiconductor companies . Now big groceries joins the conspiracy to gouge consumers . They all just happened to jack up their prices at the same time !
    Does she ever ponder the complexity of bringing so many products from fresh produce , canned foods fresh meats ,cleaning and paper products ,OTC medicines etc into a central brick and mortar location so consumers can conveniently shop in one central location ;especially in a time of supply chain disruptions ? I have been to countries where if you want bread you go to a bread store .If you want meat you go to the butcher .Shoppers in these nations go from store to store taking much more time to assemble the goods they need and desire .

The biggest problem facing America is big government . That is the one big enterprise she doesn't have a problem with .She is part of the problem .She conspires to gouge the American taxpayer .
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2021, 05:59 AM
    When the truth is unpalatable, then other causes must be found. She knows she can scarcely call out Biden and the liberal dems (which, of course, includes her) for spending money we don't have. But on the supposedly bright side, significant amounts of annual inflation is the only hope we have for making our national debt less dangerous than it is presently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elon Musk wakes up [ 8 Answers ]

After years of accepting favorable government subsidies, he has realized that his is not the flavor of the month. Now Clueless Joe wants to prop up unionized EV manufacturing. So, even though Musk's Tesla offers union scale wages and better benefits than GM or other US union shops offer, the Build...

Bryant Warren Hi Everyone! [ 1 Answers ]

It is great to know about this web site. I used Protonic.com in the past but they're presence on the web is iffy now. This is my question and I will be brief. I purchased an ASUS Z390-A motherboard which has 4 DIMM slots, each with the capacity of 16GB. I purchased 4 16GB DIMMS. The slots on the...

Warren Buffet is unpatriotic [ 47 Answers ]

....at least according to the emperor's criteria . When he isn't wearing out the battery in his golf cart ;the emperor has been laying the groundwork for the Dems class warfare fall campaign. Among his many bleats is this line that corporate tax inversion is "unpatriotic" ...total gibberish of...

George warren hickey jr [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone believe the book mortal error could be true? I believe that this book is a disgrace. The evidence is not stable and the judge ruled in favor of the hickeys. This is a ridiculous george warren hickey jr was my grandfather. He is the most noble man in the entire world.

How to dissolve musk ketone? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know what solovent is used to dissolve musk ketone crystals? Because regular carrier oils and ethanol alcohol do not dissolve them. I went of basenotes.net and they would not even respond to my post so I thought maybe that I could get an answer here. Thanks in advance.:)

View more questions Search