Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohan108 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2021, 08:18 PM
    Receiving Jury duty notification when residing out of the country
    I have a need to relocate outside US for 5 years. Is there a guideline on getting notified of jury duty when residing outside the country? Do I need to notify somebody before taking off? Since jury summons has to be promptly responded to, I am not sure how I can get notified, in the first place, in order to respond promptly. USPS does international mail forwarding only for max 1 year, I think. Once I depart, my passport will be stamped to indicate I departed and currently outside the country. Can this stamp be uploaded as a means to proactively inform that I'm not currently available in the country for potential duty?

Check out some similar questions!

Jury Duty [ 3 Answers ]

When an order for jurors is sent to a city, the mayor personally chooses a number of people for jury duty. True or false?

Jury Duty [ 17 Answers ]

I have researched various web sites about avoiding jury duty and many said that judges can be jerks when it comes to dismissing jurors even when they have a valid excuse such as loss of income of health reasons. Most sites said the best way to avoid it is to simply throw away your summons because...

JURY DUTY (I don't want to go!) [ 13 Answers ]

Can you really get into trouble if you don't show:confused: It's on my birthday and I know as an American I should do my part blah! Blah! But do you think if I show up I won't even be needed and can go home?

Jury duty [ 2 Answers ]

Are you required to serve a second term on a jury if you have served in the past?

Jury Duty [ 5 Answers ]

I am breast feeding single mother, I work 3 days a week(freelancer). I have to work to provide for me and a baby, I pay babysitter when working. -How do I get out of Jury duty and be truthful?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.