Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2021, 07:03 AM
    There are still dems out there with courage and common sense.
    New York City’s mayor-elect issued a stern warning Thursday night to those expecting to continue the riots and looting the nation’s largest city has seen over the past two years.

"Not my city," Eric Adams, a former police captain who was elected in November to succeed termed-out Mayor Bill de Blasio, said at a Police Athletic League event at the Harvard Club, according to the New York Post. "We’re not going to surrender to those who are saying ‘We’re going to burn down New York’," Adams said.
    Whether or not he intends to stand by those words remains to be seen, but at least he is off to a good start in that area.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-blm-r...s-hawk-newsome
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2021, 09:03 AM
    I am in wait and see mode with Adams .It may have been just Dem city gotcha stuff ;but Adams was part of the group that painted graffiti in front of Trump Tower .
    This is Adams along with BLM Brooklyn's Anthony Beckford,

Still Adams promised to restore order to NYC . That puts him at odds with BLM's agenda .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2021, 09:20 AM
    Like you said, it's wait and see. Still, a liberal dem who dares to make a pronouncement against BLM is a rare sight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Authority VS common sense. [ 7 Answers ]

"A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas , and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher says, "Okay, but do not go in that field over there," as he points out the location. The DEA officer verbally explodes saying,...

At last! Some common sense [ 42 Answers ]

Germany is prepared to admit what we all know. Multiculturism just doesn't work. Multiculturalism in Germany has failed, says Chancellor

Obituary: Common Sense [ 7 Answers ]

Maybe I'm not as good as I think I am at putting Religion and Politics aside where neither should have bearing on the subject. And maybe I'm not as much like "the next guy" as I think I am when it comes to life in general... I do, though, have hope: I'm thinking that no matter what your...

Common Sense [ 4 Answers ]

Q: Why do men die before their wives? A: Because they want to.

View more questions Search