Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2021, 06:19 AM
    The elephant in the room
    FY DEFICIT (IN BILLIONS) DEBT INCREASE (IN BILLIONS) DEFICIT-TO-GDP RATIO
    2021 $3,000 $1,584 13.2%

Note the difference between the deficit of 3 tril versus in increase in debt of only 1.6 tril. One can assume the other 1.4 tril came from "printed" money. It's just incredible that we stand by and tolerate this. After all, we must spend vast amounts of time of protecting the supposed rights of the TG crowd.

Foolishness.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2021, 04:27 AM
    Loose money has been a 2 edged coin for me . I was able to build up my portfolio .But now I am looking at inflation eroding the value of it at a time I am on a fixed income . I cannot predict the future but I am looking at potentially having to reenter the work force .

From a broader economic outlook ,the nation's economic trajectory is lunacy ;doubly so because we already know where it leads.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2021, 05:11 AM
    Here is what is going to happen. Bond holders of US debt are holding non-inflation instruments that will lose value . So the government ,needing to service the debt will have to offer higher rates of return . So more of the budget has to be dedicated to debt service . If the government intends to keep it's discretionary and non-discretionary obligations it will have to gobble up more of the available credit making less credit available to the private sector ......or they can cut services .
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2021, 05:18 AM
    Remy: Raise the Debt Ceiling Rap (Again) - YouTube
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2021, 05:33 AM
    They could cut loose all mentally and physically healthy people from Welfare and tell them to find jobs which are thankfully out there in abundance. It would be good for them and good for the country.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2021, 05:54 AM
    Workfare was the solution in the Bubba years .
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2021, 05:00 PM
    U.S. consumer price inflation jumps 6.8% year over year in November, the largest increase since 1982.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2021, 05:56 PM
    So it turns out that just printing more money is not really the answer?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2021, 06:11 AM
    Clueless Joe is still pushing the idea that passing spending bills will ease inflationary pressures .

“For anyone who, like me, is concerned about costs facing American families, passing BBB is the most immediate and direct step we can take to deliver,”
    Statement by President Joe Biden on Today’s Consumer Price Index Data | The White House

ok so $367 billion (according to the CBO) of unfunded spending will reduce inflation ?

and that is with budget trickery , They said that if Build Brandon Better was properly funded for a decade it would require $ 3 trillion . But they lie and fund extending the enhanced child tax credit for only one year . As we all know ,government gimmies once passed are almost impossible to roll back.

Then Clueless Joe blamed inflation on Covid and supply chain issues and bragged that gas prices had dropped pennies .

“Half of the price increases in this report are in cars and energy costs from November. Since then, we have seen significant energy price reductions,”

Tell the people of California that prices are dropping
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2021, 06:45 AM
    If you're a dem, you must become a good, shall we say, "distorter of the truth". That's because the truth does not help you politically.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2021, 04:28 AM
    inflation rose by 6.8 % this year according to a Labor Dept report . This is the largest increase in 40 years .

CPI November 2021: Inflation surged 6.8% in November, more than expected, to fastest since 1982 (cnbc.com)
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2021, 05:48 AM
    Yesterday at the Summit for Democracy ,Clueless called a 40 year high in inflation a "bump in the road " . Then he mumbled some incoherence
    "I think you'll see it change sooner than, quicker than, more rapidly than it will take -- than most people think."
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2021, 10:29 AM
    "I think you'll see it change sooner than, quicker than, more rapidly than it will take -- than most people think."
    Yes. Now it is all crystal clear.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 05:39 AM
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2021, 05:48 AM
    a new study on over-weight domestic turkeys was conducted by Brown University .
    Waddle and shuffle: gait alterations associated with domestication in turkeys | Journal of Experimental Biology | The Company of Biologists

Maybe you did not know (or care ) that turkeys in the wild are fit . They can run a 6 minute mile .
    This Turkey Is Exercising On A Treadmill While You're Eating His Brothers - Digg

But the (overpriced this year because of the big meat conglomerates ) domestic turkey raised for human consumption is a grossly obese version of the bird Ben Franklin once thought should be the national bird of America.

But who cares ? Evidently it was important enough for the government via the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation to fund a $1.7 million grant to Brown U to conduct the study.

Sen Joni Ernst gave NIH and NSF the November 'Squeal Award 'for this study.

The Taxpayer Turkey Trot (senate.gov)

Make 'em Squeal - Senator Joni Ernst (senate.gov)

“With our national debt approaching $30 trillion and higher prices making it difficult for families to put food on the table, we cannot afford to continue wasting taxpayer dollars funding fowl projects … and folks, this one is a real turkey!”
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 06:07 AM
    To help prevent the right wing noise machine from being an echo chamber I submit that government doesn't set prices, or wages... corporations do. That's where inflation comes from. Have fun on your new job, but don't blame Joe for your CHOICES.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2021, 06:11 AM
    If I was in business making huge profits well above costs ,I could easily sell slightly less than my competitors and grab a whole lot of market share .

I guess all American companies are engaged in this big price fixing scheme to screw over the customers they need to stay in business. Typical lib logic.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 06:12 AM
    No one "sets" prices. The market determines prices. When the gov begins to inject more dollars into the economy, then each dollar becomes worth a little less. Thus it takes more dollars to buy the same item.

Sure am glad the Biden admin jumped all over the distribution problems with dozens of enormous container ships stuck in harbors. It would also be nice if they would fix the problems on the southern border including getting rid of the "cages" which liberal dems found so offensive during the Trump admin. Strangely, they are silent now. Wonder why? Stinkin politics?
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2021, 06:18 AM
    Warren Buffett the Dem's favorite corporate sage said this in a comment that he made supporting government debt.
    The chief worry about just printing money to pay obligations is inflation.“What you end up getting in terms of purchasing power can be in doubt,” Buffett said.
    Warren Buffett explains the simple reason why the U.S. will never default on its debt (yahoo.com)
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 06:29 AM
    It always amazes me to read these, "We will never forfeit on our debt," articles. The average person reads that and thinks, "Then we can accumulate all the debt we want!" You can if you plan on handling the great pain that will accompany it. In America, if we don't kill our children before they are born, we instead burden them with enormous debt because, after all, we must find out about obesity in turkeys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elephant in the pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My daughter's 20 year old, 3 level townhome has an elephant in the pipes! The 3rd. Floor toilet currently does not work and is shut off. The lower level toilet works fine. The problem is with the main level toilet. For about one month, immediately after flushing and lasting until the...

A man and an elephant [ 4 Answers ]

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University. On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one...

White Elephant [ 1 Answers ]

What's a good white elephant gift for a Christmas party? (Something that would be a hit, funny, wanted, etc.) How do I go about wrapping it and putting it in the pile of gifts to choose without people knowing it's mine?

Name of this book about a little elephant [ 2 Answers ]

Okay guys, I NEED to remember the name of this book... hopefully I can achieve this with a little help from all of you. It was a book I read in the 5th grade about an elephant... NOT Babar... it was a chapter book and I think the name of the little elephant was the name of the book and I THINK it...

Elephant extinction [ 3 Answers ]

What measures have been taken to preserve the african elephant population?

View more questions Search