Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2021, 06:26 PM
    Sign of a well-run state
    Illinois Pension Shortfall Surpassed $500 Billion, Average Debt Burden Now $110,000 Per Household

Illinois Pension Shortfall Surpasses $500 Billion, Average Debt Burden Now $110,000 Per Household - Paine.TV
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2021, 06:57 AM
    Illinois ranks only barely behind California in pension irresponsibility. The state has 30% of the nation's pension bonds outstanding. Illinois holds $21.6 billion of the nation’s $72 billion pension obligation bond debt.

American cities and states have issued $72 billion of pension bonds. Here's what that means - MarketWatch

Pension obligation bonds place taxpayer money at risk.

Illinois’ retirement systems hold $144 billion in debt, according to official state reporting based on cooked books creative accounting. But it is more like $500 billion in total debt .

Politicians created the pension crisis by enhancing pension benefits far beyond what is affordable and beyond what a typical private sector worker can hope to receive. The state worker only contributes 5%. This is unheard of in the real world. My employer contributed 25% of every dollar I contributed. That to me was a great rate of return. It meant that even if I only put the retirement money into a guaranteed return cash account, I was still going to get at least a 25% return.

As a result, Illinois already spends the largest share of their revenue on pensions of all 50 states; nearly double the national average.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State of Indiana can the parents sign their rights over to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother had his baby tooken away by CPS when the baby was six weeks old. My sister took the baby and has been raising him for 7 months. Since then my brother messed up again and his girlfriend(the baby's mom) went to jail for theft. They are trying to get him as an obitual offender 10 to 20...

Can a father sign his rights over to a child in the state of Pennsylvania? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a father sign his rights over to a child in the state of Pennsylvania?

Can someone in another state co-sign for me? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 19 so I need someone to co-sign for me when I buy my car. (Or preferably so) And my god-father would be the perfect person to co-sign for me. But he lives in Washington. Can he co-sign for me even if he doesn't personally sign for me? Thank you!

View more questions Search