Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You say you want a discussion. That’s what this is. Disagreement is not negativity.
    It wasn't disagreement. It was deliberate negativity. Please be constructive.

And, yes, libraries and library staff have access to their hearts.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 04:00 PM
    It wasn't disagreement. It was deliberate negativity. Please be constructive.
    Isn't your statement "deliberate negativity"? Since it plainly is, why aren't you adhering your own standard?

How would you have access to the hearts of those who walked into your library?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 04:06 PM
    Isn't your statement "deliberate negativity"? Since it plainly is, why aren't you adhering your own standard?
    Nope, it isn't. This is a teaching moment.
    Ah, now there's a terrific discussion topic!
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 04:27 PM
    Nope, it isn't. This is a teaching moment.
    Isn't is strange how when you do it, it's a "teaching moment", but when I do it, it's being "negative"? Giving yourself quite an out there, aren't you? You do realize how suspicious that looks?

Ah, now there's a terrific discussion topic!
    [I await your insights.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 05:02 PM
    The people who walk into a library are:
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 05:29 PM
    Great explanation. (SARC)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 06:05 PM
    Opening up the discussion.... please respond.

Who comes into a library?
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 07:10 PM
    I don’t know. What do you think?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 07:15 PM
    I don’t know. What do you think?
    I don't think. I know.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 07:35 PM
    I don’t think you know either.

You walked right into that one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 07:35 PM
    I don’t think you know either.
    You think you're tricky, don't you. (I've seen them stream in for almost 30 years.)
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 07:41 PM
    You have? And yet you can’t describe them??

That’s very strange.

That’s fine. All you’re doing is asking silly questions anyway. In order to discuss a topic, you need to make statements.

Good night.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 08:32 PM
    Who comes into a library? Anyone. Everyone. People of all ages and for a variety of reasons. Babies, small children, 'tweens, teens, adults of any age, students, teachers, professors, retired adults, elderly or even younger who are disabled and use canes or walkers or wheelchairs. They come in as observers, visitors, patrons, want to make photocopies, work on a public-use computer, do homework, prep their lessons for the next day, volunteer or work off their court-ordered community service hours. They represent a variety of cultures, languages, races. They are homeless, poor, middle-class, wealthy.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 09:02 PM
    Ok. What does that have to do with you being able to see into their hearts?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 09:25 PM
    Ok. What does that have to do with you being able to see into their hearts?
    They speak from their heart as they ask reference questions; ask for help finding material to read, watch, research, or listen to (audiobooks); as they check out material (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) or return those materials.

Library staff are welcoming and are good listeners. People tell us very private and rather amazingly personal things. They open their hearts to us, and we proceed from there.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 09:29 PM
    Sorry, but I just don't believe that you had those heart to heart conversations with all of the people who walked through the doors. 1 out of every 10 maybe, but even then you could not see into their hearts. Partially, perhaps, but certainly not fully. I just think your statement was waayyyy overstated.

If you remember, this is the original statement of yours I questioned. "Once someone opens the front door and walks inside, all grievances disappear." Not only do I not believe it, but I don't think you would have any way of knowing that to begin with. A few of them yes, but anything even approaching all? No way.

I'm sure you had wonderful exchanges with many of them. I wouldn't doubt that at all.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 10:26 PM
    Yes, all grievances disappear. Everyone goes there for a positive reason. And even during conversation as books are checked out or reference questions are answered, there's a human interplay of kindness and sharing, using verbal as well as non-verbal communication.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 01:30 AM
    In some cases yes. In all cases no. You would have no way of even knowing that.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 03:58 AM
    You cannot document what amounts to nothing more than conjecture. It's why I said, "Ill-informed opinion. Nothing more."

I'm encouraged that you are finally beginning to realize that documenting what amounts to nothing is an impossibility and is “nothing more than conjecture”. Perhaps now you can understand what proving a negative means and how it is an impossibility.

The next step in your education is to go back to all the Bible/scripture arguments of yours where you demanded proof of something that never existed. You argued that absence proved your position, but that is not true, The absence of proof is not proof.

For example, your argument that God or Jesus or Tertullian or anyone did NOT say the opposite of what you are claiming proves that your claim is true is, of course, false reasoning. You did that many times.

I do not expect you to fully understand the point. Learning comes in small steps.

The far more important issue is the initial post re white evangelicals. Rather than respond to that post, you took the path of deflection. That is the path of those who cannot or will not respond.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 05:32 AM
    And again, you must document your fairy tales. Until then, they remain just that. Anytime you start a sentence with, "When you said..." then I know the fiction is about to begin.

For your benefit, here is a stellar example of how it works.

The truth here is obvious to everyone. You were caught plagiarizing. Instead of just moving on from it, as it really wasn't that big of a deal, you became angry and have been just throwing out random accusations since then. It's a poor strategy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The "Complentarianism" of White Evangelicals [ 392 Answers ]

"Complementarianism" says men and women have separate roles, and men are the ones in charge. Among the nearly 800,000 words in the Bible, one sentence seems to contain white evangelical thinking on this matter. It’s from a letter the Apostle Paul wrote to his protege, Timothy: “I do not permit a...

Do Evangelicals LOVE Jews, or do they wanna see them KILLED? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: As a Jew, who is skeptical of Christian "love", I attempted to uncover the real reason for this phenomenon. I had to look no further than the Evangelical agenda.. Turns out, they believe that all Jews must return to Israel and be killed in the Apocalypse before the Second Coming of ...

Changing bathroom vanity light but my wires are white/yellow and fixtures black white [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know do I out yellow wire with the black wire o. The new fixture? Old is white yellow out of wall New fixture is black and white.

Price range selling an authentic piece (white brick) White House 1950 w/placque? [ 0 Answers ]

2 were sold on ebay 2007-2008 but don't have access to $ they [email protected]

View more questions Search