Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Again you have no evidence that the Republicans are trying to change the laws about how electors are selected before election day. On the other hand Clueless in an attempt to create a one party Democrat dictatorship wants to destroy long standing Senate rules to unconstitutionally change how America votes is every election . All Americans should be horrified at that prospect
    Apologies in advance for the inability to post links but a simple google search of repubs forging elector documents and submitting them to the National Archives (REJECTED of course) should also reveal they replaced repub electors that refused to go along with this illegal scheme in so far 5 SWING states. Maddow did a show on this last night also. Enough EVIDENCE?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 10:52 AM
    NBC News' Craig Melvin : "The 500 million tests that have been ordered that are going to be sent to every American, do we know when those are going out?

Kam the Sham : "Shortly. They're going to go out shortly,"

Melvin :"Next week?"

Kam the Sham :"They've been ordered. They've been ordered. We – I have to look at the current information. I think it's going to be by next week. But soon. Absolutely soon. And it is a matter of urgency for us,"

Melvin : "Should we have done that sooner?"

Kam the Sham : "We are doing it,"

Melvin :"But should we have done it sooner?"

Kam the Sham:"We are doing it,"

Clueless promised 500 million tests for January. It is not likely that they will meet that goal until the threat of Omnicron is well past . Herd immunity anyone ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 13, 2022, 11:43 AM
    /puts broom away
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 12:05 PM
    >Personal remarks removed<

Since I posted, the news has several Republican allies FORGING elector slates and sending them to government agencies. The forged documents declared Trump the winner. The states are Michigan, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia, New Mexico and Wisconsin.

Details here:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/polit...ege/index.html
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 12:49 PM
    key part of your link these rogue slates of electors didn't have the backing of any elected officials in the seven states -- like a governor or secretary of state, who are involved in certifying election results -- and they served no legitimate purpose.......In truth, no state actually had two slates of competing electors.
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 02:24 PM
    Begs the question though of who forged the documents and why? Is it a crime to engage in such conduct or not?
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2022, 05:06 PM
    I left out the money quote :

"it’s time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day"
    Expert

Jan 13, 2022, 07:05 PM
    DOJ just indicted 11 Oathkeepers including the leader for sedition. Sounds serious folks. Sorry no links yet. 8(
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2022, 04:32 AM
    Sedition charges . I think that is a bridge too far.

But they will probably face convictions of conspiracy to incitement .

A bit of trivia . A Puerto Rican terrorists Oscar Lopez Rivera who orchestrated a bombing campaign in the 1970s -80s that left dozens of people dead and maimed . He spent 35 years in prison before the emperor commuted his sentence.

Also The Blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, and nine followers were convicted in 1995 of seditious conspiracy and other charges in a plot to blow up the United Nations, the FBI’s building, and two tunnels and a bridge linking New York and New Jersey. He croaked in jail .
    Expert

Jan 14, 2022, 07:26 AM
    Croaking in jail sounds good for those Okies.
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2022, 02:40 PM
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2022, 08:37 PM
    You have to admit. KH can certainly say some, shall we say, "unique" things.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2022, 04:50 AM
    She is now in the Dan Quayle spell potato area .
    How could that be ? She is the daughter of 2 professors . She was elected AG of Kalifornia .She was elected Senator of Kalifornia . She is a heartbeat away from replacing the sitting dementia challenged President . Yet it is becoming clear as more of her aides defect that she is deficient of grey matter .

Or maybe she is just in a different plane of reality .

Veep Thoughts With Kamala Harris - YouTube

Kamala Harris says "220 million Americans" died from coronavirus. - YouTube
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2022, 06:27 AM
    With 220 million dead from Covid, there ought to be plenty of jobs left for those of us who have survived. I'm a tougher ole bird than I thought I was!
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2022, 06:53 AM
    In the meantime, Sotomayor has joined with KH in the great crusade for truth. Her figure of children hospitalized was only off by about 3,000%.

“We have hospitals that are almost at full capacity with people severely ill on ventilators. We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition, and many on ventilators,” Sotomayor claimed.

The current number of confirmed pediatric hospitalizations with Covid in the U.S. is 3,342, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services released on Friday.
    https://news.yahoo.com/sotomayor-fal...185529971.html

Evidently numbers have become difficult. Biden had this mishap some months ago.

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden misspoke Wednesday, saying that over 6,000 members of the US military have died from the novel coronavirus.
    "Military COVID infected: 118,984. Military COVID deaths: 6,114. Folks, every one of these lives mattered," Biden said at a campaign stop in the state of Michigan.
    The actual number of cases in the military is 40,026 and seven members have died from the disease, according to the Defense Department.
    His figure of deaths was only off by a factor of nearly a thousand. Talk about inflation!!

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/bi...litary/1968501
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2022, 07:07 AM
    A little embellishment never harmed anyone.

Justice Breyer made the claim in the oral arguments that there had been '750 million new cases in the US reported yesterday ' .

Justice Kagan's lie was less apparent. She said workers “have to get vaccinated so that you’re not transmitting the disease that can kill elderly Medicare patients, that can kill sick Medicaid patients. I mean, that seems like a pretty basic infection prevention measure.” It is now a well-known established fact that someone vaxed can still spread covid.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2022, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    key part of your link these rogue slates of electors didn't have the backing of any elected officials in the seven states -- like a governor or secretary of state, who are involved in certifying election results -- and they served no legitimate purpose.......In truth, no state actually had two slates of competing electors.
    The point was that the Republicans are TRYING to undermine the democracy by publicly promoting illegal means. I stated clearly that they had not been successful to date. It is a warning.

The state AGs are now considering charges against those who falsified elector slates as being against state and federal law.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2022, 01:05 PM
    Justice Breyer made the claim in the oral arguments that there had been '750 million new cases in the US reported yesterday ' .
    It's just mind-blowing. Do SCOTUS justices have no understanding at all of math? And he said that his law clerks had been, "busy beavers on this case". I guess it's a good thing these law clerks had been so busy before every American evidently had contracted COVID TWICE the day before.

Here it is in his own words.

https://cdn.mrctv.org/videos/62216/62216-480p.mp4
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2022, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    The point was that the Republicans are TRYING to undermine the democracy by publicly promoting illegal means. I stated clearly that they had not been successful to date. It is a warning.

The state AGs are now considering charges against those who falsified elector slates as being against state and federal law.
    UPDATE: The Michigan AG has referred the false electors to the Feds to open a criminal investigation for prosecution.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2022, 05:40 AM
    Good if they acted illegally then they should be held to account.Submitting false certificates is attempted fraud and forgery . Clearly there are rogue actors on both sides . Since none of it would have possibly succeeded ,then it was a futile and stupid gesture .The bad actors are going to be charged . That "threat to undermine democracy" has been dealt with .

Nothing I wrote changes .Electors are selected BEFORE the vote .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sham Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I know a girl and boy who pretended to be married to each other just to get the girl in England. Know the girl has been granted indefinite leave to remain in UK. Should I report this to home office

2012 The end or another sham [ 25 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but if it's not I'm sure Ben will move it. Since History Channel is doing a whole week dedicated to this, I was wondering what your thoughts about it was. Will the Earth be sucked into a black hole? Will "God" unleash his angry side with fierce...

Anyone here have the famous SHAM WOW? [ 3 Answers ]

Just wondering if it is worth ordering. Are you happy with it? I want one but don't want to waste money if it isn't the greatest thing ever! Thanks;)

My marriage is a sham [ 1 Answers ]

I am hearing impaired woman and I just found out that my husband was still married to his first wife when she claimed that he was her lawful husband. He lied to me, my parents, the church pastor and everyone and claimed that his wife died. And was devastated over that. I did everything I could and...

View more questions Search