Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2021, 02:46 AM
    If you watched the trial, self-defense was not close to being proven. Even though the judge has incredibly shown his preference for the defendant, the prosecution proved the charge of murder.
    What wasn't proven was the prosecution's case which is what has to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. In fact ,the prosecutor appeared to argue in closing that Kyle was not beaten up enough to warrant defending himself Prosecutor...."This is a bar fight. This is a fistfight...What you don't do is you don't bring a gun to a fistfight."
    And then,,,, and I'm not joking ,,,he showed a picture of Patrick Swayze in 'Roadhouse'What a stupid argument ! Did he go to the Roadhouse to suck down some suds before prepare his final arguments ? He even argued that Rittenhouse should have let the mob attack him rather than shooting them .He quoted 'Goodfellas' verbatim..... everybody takes a beating sometime.

Every once in a while, I'd have to take a beating. But by then, I didn't care. The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime. | Quotes with Sound Clips from Goodfellas | Gangster Movie Sound Clips (movie-sounds.org)

The first guy he shot was chasing him, threatened to kill him, and grabbed for his gun. The next guy was swinging a skateboard at him, and the 3rd had a gun pointing at him. All 3 were threatening him.

WG the judge dismissed the illegal gun charges ;and he had as much a 'right' to be there as the BLM rioters .

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2021, 05:04 AM
    You have no clue what reason really is.
    See what I mean??!

The first guy he shot was chasing him, threatened to kill him, and grabbed for his gun. The next guy was swinging a skateboard at him, and the 3rd had a gun pointing at him. All 3 were threatening him.
    It's even been argued here that you don't shoot until first being polite enough to let the other guy shoot at you first. I guess you just have to hope he misses.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2021, 05:35 AM
    It's even been argued here that you don't shoot until first being polite enough to let the other guy shoot at you first.
    Just like in a spaghetti western complete with the Mexican trumpet

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Final Duel - YouTube
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2021, 06:01 AM
    It's the result of people who have no experience with guns or self-defense other than watching movies on television, as well as having a built-in bias against white people who defend themselves against rioters. The kid probably should not have been there to begin with, but he certainly had every right to be there, and once there he had every right to defend himself, especially considering the utter failure of democratic pols to clear the streets of rioters and protect the business owners and peaceful citizens of that city.

The really incredible part of this story, as has been pointed out already, is that after hearing of a white person shooting three other white persons, President Biden somehow concludes he must be a white supremacist. It has become the default comment of liberal pols, that white people they don't agree with (and even some non-whites) are racists and white supremacists. It's the ultimate non-thinking position.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2021, 06:12 AM
    The really incredible part of this story, as has been pointed out already, is that after hearing of a white person shooting three other white persons, President Biden somehow concludes he must be a white supremacist. It has become the default comment of liberal pols, that white people they don't agree with (and even some non-whites) are racists and white supremacists. It's the ultimate non-thinking position
    Jen Bagdad Bob Psaki refused to comment on that yesterday . Quid was doing what he always does like when he called Georgia's voting laws ,that actually favors extended voting ,"Jim Crow on steroids " . He shoots from the lips and then doubles down when called out .
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2021, 06:23 AM
    He was plainly acting in self-defense. He did not, as was alleged here earlier, have an "illegal weapon". I just don't see what they think they can convict him of. One witness for the prosecution, the man who was shot in the arm, testified that he was shot AFTER he pointed his weapon at KR. A hateful comment has been directed towards KR by a poster here. It's all plainly a politically driven situation.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2021, 06:51 AM
    I'm guessing they may have some kind of discharge laws he violated which if guilty will be time served . They haven't come close to establishing anything resembling a so called 'hate crime' or murder of any degree .

This "white supremist" had gone to town to help. First he was cleaning graffiti and then he joined others who were guarding a used car lot .

He was first attacked by Joseph Rosenbaum .Rittenhouse yelled ‘Friendly, friendly, friendly!’. Rosenbaum threw a bag at Rittenhouse and reached for Rittenhouse’s gun. Rittenhouse pulled the trigger and Rosenbaum was killed.

Rittenhouse was then chased by a mob yelling ‘Get him!’. He fell to the ground and was hit by Anthony Huber – swinging a skateboard. Rittenhouse fired at him and killed him.

Caige Grosskreutz pointing a gun was part of the mob advancing towards Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse shot him and injured him. He later turned himself in.

The people who endorse mob rule are looking to persecute the young teen who got caught up in the mob rule. His family lived there so it is a long stretch to say that he crossed state lines looking for trouble . What he wanted to do was help protect the community that his family lives in.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 16, 2021, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What he wanted to do was help protect the community that his family lives in.
    You forgot to mention the medic part....
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2021, 08:42 AM
    100% of KR's actions prior to being attacked were legal activities.

One...hundred...percent.

The inept prosecution admitted that the gun KR had was not illegal, so the judge dismissed those charges. If they knew it was not illegal, then why did they charge him? If they did not know, then how unprofessional is that?
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2021, 06:31 AM
    You forgot to mention the medic part
    what I forget to mention was the guy he shot at and missed. That would be who was identified as jump kick man' .Jump kick man kicked Rittenhouse while Rittenhouse was on the ground .Rittenhouse shot twice and missed . That was when Huber hit him with the skateboard a 2nd time .

Well Jump kick man was previously unidentified . But prosecutors only informed the defense about his identity Thursday as the trial was wrapping up . He is allegedly Maurice Freeland, a felon with a long criminal history and an open domestic violence charge, Freeland was on the streets rioting the night of the Rittenhouse shootings less than two months after getting a plea deal and probation in a domestic abuse case.

One of the charges is that Rittenhouse put Jump kick man's life in jeopardy. The jury went to deliberations without knowing his name even though the prosecution most assuredly knew his identification and failed to disclose it to the defense or the judge.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2021, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what I forget to mention was the guy he shot at and missed. That would be who was identified as jump kick man' .Jump kick man kicked Rittenhouse while Rittenhouse was on the ground .Rittenhouse shot twice and missed . That was when Huber hit him with the skateboard a 2nd time .
    Great justification for shooting someone! I'm gonna put aside "Call of Duty" for a while and get my Mauser out of the gun safe and go to Walmart. Anybody gives me grief, watch out!
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2021, 10:37 AM
    So now Walmart and a three day riot zone are comparable? Someone cutting in line ahead of you is comparable to two men kicking you in the face and beating you with a skateboard?

Wonder how you'd react if it had been one or your children being beaten and kicked?

I'm just amazed sometimes at how far you go in your efforts to side with the liberal political crowd. Now you are certainly free to express your opinion and that's fine, but to use the insulting moniker you used for KR and to be against someone defending himself against very violent aggression is just plain puzzling.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2021, 10:42 AM
    My justification is the same as Kyle's was. Ya never know what's gonna happen or who's gonna come after you. Gotta be prepared with a big gun! If ya can't scare 'em, shoot 'em!

My children wouldn't have been within 50 miles if such a mess. They would have been at work or in school -- where Kyle should have been.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2021, 10:51 AM
    My justification is the same as Kyle's was. Ya never know what's gonna happen or who's gonna come after you. Gotta be prepared with a big gun! If ya can't scare 'em, shoot 'em!
    And again, you are comparing a trip to WM with an experience within a active riot zone. I just think you are five hundred miles from the truth with that.

My children wouldn't have been within 50 miles if such a mess. They would have been at work or in school -- where Kyle should have been.
    Whatever happened to your oft-professed admonition to not be judgmental? You sure seem to be putting you and your children in a high and exalted place.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2021, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And again, you are comparing a trip to WM with an experience within a active riot zone. I just think you are five hundred miles from the truth with that.
    There were stores all around that "active riot scene" that Kyle had NO BUSINESS BEING IN! One story is that he was helping put out a fire in one of those stores. With his AR-15.
    Whatever happened to your oft-professed admonition to not be judgmental? You sure seem to be putting you and your children in a high and exalted place.
    My sons would have fallen off their chairs laughing if I had suggested they go to a domestic war zone and "help".
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2021, 11:37 AM
    There were stores all around that "active riot scene" that Kyle had NO BUSINESS BEING IN! One story is that he was helping put out a fire in one of those stores. With his AR-15.
    I would agree that his being there was questionable, but he had every right to be there. He did nothing that was illegal, and you have shown nothing that would make him guilty of murder or that would suggest he was not entitled to defend himself. The real failure was that of liberal dem pols who allowed the riots to continue unopposed for several days. Even you refer to it as a domestic war zone. What was really needed was a mayor and governor who were committed to law and order and not just sitting on their backporch rocking while a city was burned by illegal thugs. It was yet another failure of liberal dem pols.

My sons would have fallen off their chairs laughing if I had suggested they go to a domestic war zone and "help".
    Yep. Mighty high and exalted, and too much so to risk life and limb to be helpful to people who really needed it? Your point is that you and your sons were wonderful people relative to that animal KR, but do you think he would call you a hateful name the way you did to him? Does that lower you a bit?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2021, 11:47 AM
    I would agree that his being there was questionable, but he had every right to be there. He did nothing that was illegal, and you have shown nothing that would make him guilty of murder or that would suggest he was not entitled to defend himself.
    Kyle was 17 and had NO BUSINESS being there. Full stop.
    Yep. Mighty high and exalted, and too much so to risk life and limb to be helpful to people who really needed it? Your point is that you and your sons were wonderful people relative to that animal KR, but do you think he would call you a hateful name the way you did to him? Does that lower you a bit?
    Do you embroider doilies too?
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2021, 12:44 PM
    Kyle was 17 and had NO BUSINESS being there. Full stop.
    Probably a fair statement. Still, he is not guilty of murder, and he had a complete legal right to be there and defend himself.

Do you embroider doilies too?
    Nice try at diversion, but it won't work. You called him a hateful name and were intensely judgmental. And you won't address either one which is also sad. Do you really consider yourself to be such a superior person to KR?

When he is found not guilty, will you be critical of the BLM and Antifa folks if they try to burn Kenosha a second time? Will your political allegiances allow for that?
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2021, 01:02 PM
    I'd say that rioters and assailants Maurice Freeland, Joseph Rosenbaum ,Anthony Huber and Caige Grosskreutz had less right in that they were there doing an illegal act that Rittenhouse needed to defend himself against .

Note that Wisonsin Guv Evers called out the National Guard in anticipation of a verdict . He is not really concerned about the possibility of a guilty verdict . Rittenhouse supporters would mumble about the injustice and peacefully leave. He is worried about an acquittal and how the lefty mob would react. .
    When the mob dictates law and order there is no law and order .Clearly the left's prescription is to let the mob rule the streets .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2021, 01:03 PM
    Probably a fair statement. Still, he is not guilty of murder, and he had a complete legal right to be there and defend himself.
    The moral overrides legal. He wouldn't have had to "defend himself" had he been at home in Illinois.
    Nice try at diversion, but it won't work. You called him a hateful name and were intensely judgmental.
    And you accept and have no problem with the hateful names "Madam Mim" and "Sleepy Joe" and "Kam the Sham"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AOC strikes again [ 33 Answers ]

She's the gift that just keeps on giving. https://www.foxnews.com/media/aoc-mocked-term-menstruating-person-describe-women

The Empire strikes back! [ 15 Answers ]

Unable to get SOPA and PIPA up, the Empire (aka USA) has struck back with TPPIs TPP Worse Than SOPA, PIPA & ACTA? | WebProNews What does it all mean, well apparently unlimited copyright of data, so that US Law is predominate in other jurisdictions giving rights to data stored on computers

How tall were the AT-AT walkers in The Empire Strikes Back? [ 1 Answers ]

In Star wars episode IV the empire strikes back there several giant imperial walkers known as the AT-AT. How tall were they really? In the book star wars incredible cross sections they point out the AT-AT walkers to be 15.5 or something meters tall. If you go on wiki they say they could be up to...

Three strikes your out [ 4 Answers ]

I have a female in-law that is awaiting trial in Texas for threatening a boyfriend with a knife, she has two previous convictions for similar offenses. Does she stand a chance of going to jail for this offense. She got probation on the previous two, but obviously did not learn any lessons. She also...

Lightning strikes [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: can lightning strike twice in the same place?:confused:

View more questions Search